View Diary: Disgustingness from Rupert Murdoch and the NY Post (49 comments)

•  These asshats (2+ / 0-)
    figurefive, State Department

better hope I don't fine Billo's address... I'll be flinging poo from the sidewalk.

•  FINE=FIND EOM (1+ / 0-)
      The Termite
    •  You'd respond to thuggery with (3+ / 0-)
      tecampbell, figurefive, voila

thuggery of your own?  How enlightened.

•  Yes because flinging poo (0+ / 0-)

from the sidewalk is a reasonable response and definitely qualifies as thuggery, especially when primates do it.

•  I know bill oh's address (1+ / 0-)
          figurefive

It's so tempting

so tempting

so very very tempting.

(I know I'd say if he ever released something like that against me)

I shall not rest until right wing conservatives are 4th party gadflies limited to offering minor corrections on legislation once or twice a year.

by davefromqueens on Mon Jun 02, 2008 at 06:37:22 PM PDT

•  Luckily (2+ / 0-)
            davefromqueens, figurefive

Thats what seperates us from them.

•  Dave, believe it or not I'm glad you're here. (4+ / 0-)
            The Termite, tecampbell, figurefive, voila

What's going on in this diary is exactly what I've been telling you for the better part of a year.  What you are doing with Hannity is no different in kind from what Murdoch's Post's gossip columnist did to Olbermann.  I really want you to read the reactions that people are having to this slimy tactic and think about it.

•  And I should point out that this is the second (5+ / 0-)

time that you have volunteered the fact that you possess the home address of a RW media figure.  Is anyone else paying attention?

•  not denying it (1+ / 0-)
                figurefive

When the Mike Stark incident came out I learned it then, came across it on the "internets."  Actually was accidental.

As for my Expose Hannity Express, everything I have on him is legit.

But let's get back to your original point which is a fair one.

At what point does one fight fire with fire?

What you might be saying to yourself is this:

Dave KNOWS all this information but doesn't release it publicly.

As for releasing the info on Hannity I have not done that publicly either although I have the right to in my view considering that they (via the Detestable One) divulged my real name which of course led to my address and then a bunch of vicious dirt was smeared about me in Freeper land. (And no I'm not regurgitating it, it didn't go far.)

by davefromqueens on Mon Jun 02, 2008 at 08:39:54 PM PDT

•  How could you? (1+ / 0-)
                  BraveheartDC

Deny it, that is.

At what point does one fight fire with fire?

I don't believe in fighting fire with fire;  you only end up with a bigger fire and there are no guarantees that only the 'right' people will get burned.  One does not effectively highlight the thuggish nature and underlying threat contained in this sort of outing by doing it to them.  When you do, the emphasis shifts away from thuggish tactics as both sides are guilty and becomes a question of who started it/deserved it.  That's not the discussion  I want, dave.

Dave KNOWS all this information but doesn't release it publicly.

What bothers me is not that you have the information but that you brag about it as if acquiring O'Really and Hannity's personal info is some sort of accomplishment.  As I said earlier, it's difficult to imagine a legitimate use for that info.

considering that they (via the Detestable One) divulged my real name

Maybe.  At best it's a maybe, but even if you have some sort of 'right' to release it you don't have the right to drag this website into your feud by revealing it here.  This is a place for grownups not temper tantrums.  Pursue your legal remedies and leave it at that.

a bunch of vicious dirt was smeared about me in Freeper land.

I'm sorry to hear that but it appears that you laid the groundwork for this yourself.  BTW, I don't know your secret identity and haven't read any of the smears.  They could be exploring Jupiter on RW radio and I would be blissfully unaware.

•  response (0+ / 0-)

and I'll remain civil as you did in yours.

1.  I don't claim knowing 3 addresses that took a collective 40 seconds to attain, and 2 of which were simply found by reading articles for my knowledge with no intent to find said addresses, is somehow some great accomplishment.  My knowledge of such has been mischaracterized for weeks by some.
                    1.  The question of where that line is drawn, what tactics to use or not use, when to fight fire with fire (and when not to) is something you and I have different ethical and moral lines.  For the record I do not approve of using the tactics you mention on people for no reason but applying conservatism to conservatives (my phrase) or Hammurabi's Code X3 (Don't throw the first punch but if a conservative punches you, pound him 3x as hard minimum) are to me options that should be available and options I will not intellectually preclude myself from using.

I think it would be a great debate to have at something like the Great American Thinkoff and it would be a terrifc topic to argue about but I just think we have to agree to disagree.  I haven't walked your shoes in life nor you mine.  Perhaps my experiences in life have shown me that there are times where one must fight back against the bully on the bully's level. (The last thing Rupert Murdoch wants is a 100 "left wingers" stalking his apt but if Murdoch or Robert Johnson or Bill Oh understand that that is what they'll get if they pull these shenanigans, it is probably the only thing that will get them to stop.

See if Jesse Watters or Bill Oh stalk me like that or release my address, I may very well be outside their homes with a camcorder filming them for my news stories and I'll have plenty of friends.

by davefromqueens on Tue Jun 03, 2008 at 04:32:22 AM PDT

•  Indeed (2+ / 0-)
                      MajorFlaw, tecampbell

The difference is, MajorFlaw seems to know where the moral and ethical line is.

You clearly don't.

"I drank what"? -Socrates

by BraveheartDC on Tue Jun 03, 2008 at 06:17:30 AM PDT

•  what you blockquoted (0+ / 0-)

would be a great area for a civil debate in some other forum.

Where is that moral and ethical line?

Perhaps I know where it is and you and MF think it is somewhere else.  Who's right?  That's subjective.

by davefromqueens on Tue Jun 03, 2008 at 06:23:45 AM PDT

•  Amazing (2+ / 0-)
            MajorFlaw, figurefive

Are you still bragging about this?  That you use your time collecting the personal, home address of RW media figures? (You've admitted to having Hannitys address as well).

Note -- everything davefromqueens writes at DK is legal advice and meant to be construed as such.

"I drank what"? -Socrates

by BraveheartDC on Mon Jun 02, 2008 at 07:14:50 PM PDT

•  sticking to facts (0+ / 0-)

Yes I have the address of Murdoch (learned that one tonight actually in 20 seconds), O'Reilly (learned that a while back unintentionally, and Hannity (learned that in 10 secs at the time, he's since moved to a new location which was publicized in the newspaper)

I confess to using this 40 secs of my life as charged.

And I confess spending more than 40 secs typing this message.

Hope you had a great weekend.

by davefromqueens on Mon Jun 02, 2008 at 08:41:41 PM PDT

•  Personal Information (0+ / 0-)

Use of LEXIS for such purposes is strictly forbidden.

You know you're being watched, don't you?

"I drank what"? -Socrates

by BraveheartDC on Tue Jun 03, 2008 at 05:56:45 AM PDT

•  I never (0+ / 0-)

and I mean NEVER

use westlaw, lexis or any other such outfit for anything other than a legit legal purpose.

The addresses of the 3 were obtained through other sources.

by davefromqueens on Tue Jun 03, 2008 at 11:34:01 AM PDT

•  Well then (0+ / 0-)

You have nothing to worry about.

;)

"I drank what"? -Socrates

by BraveheartDC on Tue Jun 03, 2008 at 12:28:06 PM PDT

•  So... (0+ / 0-)

You admit that you have these addresses for other than a "legit, legal purpose".

Interesting. And useful.

"I drank what"? -Socrates

by BraveheartDC on Tue Jun 03, 2008 at 02:01:26 PM PDT

•  not what I said (0+ / 0-)

Assuming you are a lawyer, you know that there are certain ethical and professional responsibilities you have.

At the top of that list are some very basics.

1.  Don't commingle funds. (inapplicable here)
                      1.  Don't knowingly lie to a tribunal.
                      1.  Preserve confidentiality.
                      1.  Don't misuse your position.  For example, you reference certain databases where one can access certain information that the general public can not.  What I said is that I have NEVER violated my responsibilities in regard to such and NEVER would have.
                      1.  The info I have on the 3 addresses was NOT attained through any such database and two of those addresses were known to me long before I was admitted to the Bar. (Murdoch the 3rd was learned yesterday in a thread at another site.)
                      1.  If you are really an attorney, and I am suspect of that claim, then you know it is improper to make such an allegation of another attorney without a modicum of proof.

by davefromqueens on Tue Jun 03, 2008 at 03:35:56 PM PDT

•  Um, Dave (0+ / 0-)

Thanks for the (totally irrelevant) lesson on PR.

Dave, just because an attorney has certain ethical obligations does not mean I believe you follow  all of them...indeed, some of your actions on this site (such as encouraging people to harass private citizens, conduct citizens arrests, etc.) are in fact, highly unethical, and possibly illegal.

Furthermore, I haven't made any "allegations". Show me where I have accused you of anything.

Once again, link please.

And I'm sorry if you are "suspect" of the claim that I'm an attorney...suffice it to say, I've been one a lot longer than you have, have practiced in more areas than you, and went to a better law school (though I must admit this would not be hard to do). If anyone  is suspect about being a lawyer, it is you, who had the temerity to suggest that people on this site attempt a citizens arrest of a person who has not been accused of anything (which would be tantamount to false imprisonment, a crime), and making the pronouncement that Liz Trotter is guilty of a crime with a laughable legal analysis.  Not to mention your ridiculous assertion that you had a case of false imprisonment against Hanity's people, when most lawyers on this site told you that you clearly didn't.

But, prove me wrong.  Show me the link where the Secret Service has made an arrest of Liz Trotter?  Tell me the status of your lawsuit?

That's what I thought.

The irony is...I do believe you are a lawyer...just a poorly trained, unethical, bad one.

"I drank what"? -Socrates

by BraveheartDC on Tue Jun 03, 2008 at 03:57:59 PM PDT

•  Retraction (0+ / 0-)

I retract this partially.  You may be a fine lawyer in your professional life, and do a competent job.

I'm refering primarily to what you write on this site...your consistently flawed legal analysis, your advocating people do unethical and illegal things, etc.

By the way...a bit of advice.  Merely saying that you are "not giving legal advice" does not inoculate you from liability if you encourage someone to commit a crime.  I can't really comment much on it, but if I were you'd I'd scale back on this type of thing.

"I drank what"? -Socrates

by BraveheartDC on Tue Jun 03, 2008 at 04:28:32 PM PDT

•  I don't claim (0+ / 0-)

to be an expert.

As for my background, I support myself, rent, etc..

So let's see what my choices were.

A.  Go to a rock solid law school full time and pay a fortune for 3 years and have no job during the time and be unable to pay rent OR

B.  Go to a lousy law school (and it was) part time, work during the days, get approximately 1/3rd of my tuition paid for so I could use that money to live and because my resume/Lsat score boasted their profile average and be comfortable in my own abilities to learn what needs to be learned using my innate intelligence, hard work, people skills, and personality.

Hey I like being the underdog.  We all make choices of avenues to pursue and the time to put in it.

If I decided to put in the time for example I'd have been the United States Scrabble Champion.  (It would take about 40 hrs a week for 6 months.  I was ranked very high after 2 tournaments and a 12-2 record which should have been 14-0 had it not been for some stupid mistakes which were a result of me not knowing changes that had been made to the scrabble dictionary.)  (Was kind of fun wiping the floor of people with Ivy education's and walking intellectual circles around them -- been there done that many times over in life.)

Please feel free to underestimate my intelligence and ability to make a difference.  Please feel free not to take me serious.  If you truly are a libertarian who thinks that MCcain is "way to the left of me" and you have no intention of voting for McCain or Obama, you should admire someone like me. I'm sure you've read books like the Fountainhead  Then again are you really a libertarian because if you were, then you probably find the likes of all those RW talk show hosts and the Republican Party unpalatable and be voting for Bob Barr or Ron Paul.

by davefromqueens on Wed Jun 04, 2008 at 08:00:56 AM PDT

•  moreover (0+ / 0-)

Think of the movie Good Will Hunting without those particular emotional issues.

I much prefer hanging with the salt of the earth than the ivory tower elitists.

oh as for lawyers.  Some very well known ones in my family.  They teach me well.

by davefromqueens on Wed Jun 04, 2008 at 08:05:01 AM PDT

•  Are you serious dave? (0+ / 0-)

Good Will Hunting, one of my favorite movies, is about a kid with Einstein like Genius...one in a million intellect.  And that's what you're comparing yourself to? You're more like Will Hunting with the emotional issues and not the intelligence.

Dave, I'm sorry...but you are narcissistic. Why do you constantly make these posts announcing to the world how intelligent your are?  If you are truly a genius on that level, it should show in your writing, and your legal analysis.  You should not try to have to broadcast it.

And frankly, it doesn't show.  I'm not questioning that you're a reasonably bright guy, but genius?  I'm not seeing it.

"I drank what"? -Socrates