View Diary: James Dobson and showering with boys (37 comments)

•  This is (3+ / 5-)

well... fucking disturbing to say the least. I'm surprised he's not a serial killer, or maybe he is. He probably does some moonlighting.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? - Patrick Henry

by BetMyCitizenship on Mon Jun 23, 2008 at 10:59:49 PM PDT

•  I temporarily lost my HR ability... (2+ / 0-)
      JLFinch, Dar Nirron

...but if I had it, I would most definitely use it to hide that comment.

Insinuating that someone is a murderer without evidence isn't positive or constructive in any way, shape or form.  It's the kind of talk that makes this site look bad.

Please refrain from comments like that.

Respect. Empower. Include. Yes We Can!

by The Great Gatsby on Mon Jun 23, 2008 at 11:02:03 PM PDT

•  Done in your stead (0+ / 0-)

We're better than that.

"Polls are like crack, political activists know they're bad for them but they read them anyways."-Unknown

by skywaker9 on Mon Jun 23, 2008 at 11:03:05 PM PDT

•  agree (0+ / 0-)

"They blamed it on the Islamic fanatics, at the time. [...] That was when they suspended the Constitution. They said it would be temporary."-Handmaid's Tale

by JLFinch on Mon Jun 23, 2008 at 11:04:08 PM PDT

•  i agree with the HR, but (3+ / 0-)

only because of the way the speculation was made in the comment.

i think that Dobson is a know it all stuburn sexist abusive opprotunistic dickhead, but i think it ends there.  i may be wrong, but i don't think that there is evidence that he is disturbed.  i hope i'm right.

Rent the film Revolver. It's an intelligent movie for intelligent people. The critics loathed it.

by AntonBursch on Mon Jun 23, 2008 at 11:14:42 PM PDT

•  Well... (3+ / 0-)
          G2geek, Lauren S, BetMyCitizenship

...as for "disturbed", he has said that he doesn't think it's right to us physical pain to punish a child that is younger than 18 months.

Which means he thinks it is appropriate and desirable to us painful physical punishment against children older than 18 months. I'd say it takes someone with a seriously twisted mind to believe that.

Someone with the mind of a violent deviant.

Whatever else he's into is yet to be proven.

•  yes there is, it's right there. (4+ / 0-)

Deliberate cruelty to animals during childhood is a cardinal sign of antisocial personality disorder.

What Dobson did with those two dogs is a classic instance.

And his description of the "fight" with his own dog is another, with a good measure of grandiosity thrown in.

Any psychologist should be able to recognize the signs & symptoms.

The guy is sick, twisted, and warped, in exactly the same manner as people who do go on to be serial violent criminals.  Lucky for him he learned to use words instead.  Unlucky for us because he didn't do something to end himself up in prison.

•  I looked through... (4+ / 0-)

...the history of BetMyCitizenship and they don't seem like the trolling kind.

Perhaps it was just heavy handed cynicism that inspired the comment.

You're right that one should not imply that someone else is a serial killer but the comment could have been made out of sheer frustration.

Bad humor, poorly executed is my guess.

•  If the comment had been made by someone (2+ / 0-)
          G2geek, mango

"popular" and highly regarded, it would have garnered 10-20 rec's.

Just speakin the truth.

•  true. (2+ / 0-)
            get the red out, Lauren S

Pure sarcasm.  It had my Snark-O-Meter beeping.  I gave it a rec.

•  But if he said a certain female politician (0+ / 0-)

may have gained 5 lbs on the campaign trail, he'd be buried in HRs, so it's all relative.

•  Okay I'm going to fuck up my history and (0+ / 0-)

say you are being well... a dick

by BetMyCitizenship on Tue Jun 24, 2008 at 10:57:33 PM PDT

•  LOL okay (0+ / 0-)

I have no problem with that if you actually state your case for such.

I've made many mistakes in my many comments here, I've always been the first (or third) to admit my mistakes in goign overboard.

This is definitely not one of those times.  So if you want to make your case, fucking do it.   You don't have one.  :)

•  Oh yeah, this is a popularity contest (0+ / 0-)

If I was popular, I could say what I want, but since I'm "not" you need to HR me. Yeah, that's the ticket. Oh yeah, this is why people think progressives are crazy. We want an egalitarian society, except on DKos. I swear sometimes I just don't understand.

by BetMyCitizenship on Tue Jun 24, 2008 at 11:05:03 PM PDT

•  I didn't HR your comment (0+ / 0-)

Stop sounding crazy.

Yes, DKos has a popularity contest aspect to it sometimes but only in the regard (as I've seen it anyway) that some people are allowed to get away with saying things that noobs would never get away with saying.   Context is key though in that sometimes well known members are given the benefit of the doubt with context whereas a noob saying something with no history to give them context might not be treated so well.

Your comment is just fucking stupid though, coming from a noob.   Whine much?   Grow some fucking skin already.  Did you expect to be treated as royalty for gracing DKos with your presence?   Get the fuck real and grow a goddamned skin.

•  that's not insinuating, it's sarcasm. (1+ / 0-)
        BetMyCitizenship

Sounds like you lost your Snark-O-Meter too; mine was beeping pretty loudly when I read the above comment, for which I gave it a rec.

•  It's not an insinuation (1+ / 0-)
        BetMyCitizenship

It's just speculation. That's why I uprated it. Serial killers are often people with no empathy and they often have a history of abusing animals, which Dobson clearly does. Now, it doesn't follow that he's a serial killer and there's obviously no evidence of that, but it wouldn't surprise me if he turned out to be one, either.

•  My ever loving god (0+ / 0-)

Do you remember how the repukes took office last time? It was because you FUCKS were too FUCKING sensitive, and PC had gone too far. For someone to torture animals as a small child, and to say that he or she may be a sociopath is naive to say the least. Lest we not forget Bundy, Dahmer, and Manson. They all tortured animals as small children. Yeah, I'm HR worthy, and we should defend Dobson.

by BetMyCitizenship on Tue Jun 24, 2008 at 10:54:38 PM PDT