View Diary: Lieberman support collapses in Connecticut (108 comments)

•  But it doesn't stop him (7+ / 0-)

That poll doesn't matter much, Joe gets to be the Zell Miller this year.

Just say no to Larry C. Johnson

by allmost liberal european on Tue Jul 01, 2008 at 02:32:53 PM PDT

•  Bipartisanship (9+ / 0-)

I'll hug your elephant if you kiss my ass.

"The Power to change this party, and the power to change this country is in your hands, not mine." - Gov. Howard Dean, MD

by deaniac83 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 at 02:35:37 PM PDT

•  and who cares? about that poll. (0+ / 0-)

if you ask me, it's still pretty high considering what an asswipe he is and  he's been.
      and doesn't he have like five years to go?
      and I'm sure Lamont would have failed the rewards test by now too, so all this is meaningless.
      speaking of which, i'm still waiting to hear what capitulators Tester and Webb turned out to be.
      considering they were promoted heavily on the front page for months on end and we were asked to reward them with $$$$$$$ non stop.

"Oh no...you changed your hair color? It's just so dark. You like it? And with your skin tone?" My Beloved Mom, December 25 2007, once again on notice.

by Christin on Tue Jul 01, 2008 at 02:38:40 PM PDT

•  5 more years (1+ / 0-)
        Odysseus

Exactly.  I don't see why opinion polls matter, unless there's some way to remove him.  If he's going to be there no matter what, then why the hell waste any time polling?

As for Tester and Webb, I think that's probably just a reflection of the fact that there are some senators who make them look like angels.  Either that, or embarrassment.  Yes, they've been piss poor, but at least Conrad Burns and George Allen are gone.  In pushing for more progressive votes, I'd rather start with people who at least aren't completely loony.

I am become Man, the destroyer of worlds

by tle on Tue Jul 01, 2008 at 03:23:33 PM PDT

•  I agree with you about Tester and Webb - (0+ / 0-)

i am at the point where i take what i can get.
          i actually like webb. most times.
          not all the time.
          but that's how I am with the most D's.
          I wrote that because i am just annoyed that we're told to withhold support from Obama when Markos knows damn well the goal to get him in there should not be effed with.
          I want him in, then will get pissed at him.
          Plus he gives them a free pass while  they're n office already - and the guy who's trying to get in there gets all those ohh noez crap.

by Christin on Tue Jul 01, 2008 at 03:46:57 PM PDT

•  Maybe we'll finally get that duel we wuz promised (0+ / 0-)

"I wouldn't trade one stupid decision / for another five years of life." -- LCD Soundsystem

by tomjones on Tue Jul 01, 2008 at 02:41:59 PM PDT

• Congress (26)
  • Education (25)
  • Law (25)
  • Science (24)
  • Texas (23)
  • Barack Obama (22)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site