View Diary: District Court: What FISA Did, What the FISA Capitulation Does (244 comments)

•  Then send money and stop bitching, (1+ / 1-)
    vmm918
    Hidden by:
    IvanR

or read Olbermann's take on it, as he seems to be the Oracle around here.

The FISA vote was not an egregious mistake you jackass. The bill has no feet to stand on and it doesn't save the telecoms from prosecution under an Obama DOJ. Obama has the better good in sight, unlike you who all you can do is bitch, rant and piss on the effort.

He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire ::Winston Churchill::

by Jeremy10036 on Thu Jul 03, 2008 at 08:00:02 AM PDT

•  You're making that promise? (10+ / 0-)

You're swearing on your life that there will be a prosecution under an Obama DOJ?

Really?

Does Obama know this?

You do know that the statute of limitations on the spying clearances expires within weeks of his inauguration, right?

So you've cleared this with him?

Or are you talking out your ass, hoping we'll all go away and let you have this point because it sounds so cool?

No, that would be ridiculous! Surely you have objective proof of the certainty of these prosecutions, or you would never have said something so sweeping and bold. Yes?

•  I'm swearing that if enough of you morons keep (0+ / 0-)

withholding donations from the campaign as Obama moves to the center and breaks new grounds, and as evident by the new Rasmussen MT poll with Obama at +5, then you can kiss this election goodbye.

And to the FISA issue, I base my argument on this exchange from Countdown on 6/20.

OLBERMANN: Senator Obama‘s position on this confuses me. He loathes the telecom immunity, he says that he would fight it immediately and he would monitor it carefully as president. The vote though is next week. He better do that part of the fight quick. If this gets in through the Senate, there‘s no way to get it out again, is there? I mean, the history of this nation in terms of lost civil liberties is pretty bad about restoring them.

DEAN: Well, I spent a lot of time reading that bill today, and it‘s a very poorly-drafted bill. One of the things that is not clear is whether it‘s not possible later to go after the telecoms for criminal liability. And that is something that Obama has said during this campaign he would do, unlike prior presidents who come in and really give their predecessor a pass, he said, "I won‘t do that." And that might be why he‘s just sitting back saying, "Well, I‘m going to let this go through. But that doesn‘t mean I‘m going to give the telecoms a pass." I would love it if he gets up on the Senate floor and says, "I‘m keeping that option open."

OLBERMANN: In other words, let the private suits drop and get somebody in there who‘ll actually use the laws that still exist to prosecute and make the actual statement and maybe throw a few people in jail.

DEAN: Exactly. And it looks to me, as I read this bill and talk to a number of people in Washington familiar with the bill, some who are involved in the negotiations, and they say, "You know - we just didn‘t think about this issue." So, as it goes to the Senate, maybe Obama‘s got a shot to take, you know, a future look at this thing and not let them have the pass that they think they‘re getting.

OLBERMANN: That would be a nice symmetry to that—that everybody had been so lulled into a sense of complacency because of the Bush success on this that they‘ve left out anything that protected anybody legally, if you had a president who actually believed in the Constitution....

by Jeremy10036 on Thu Jul 03, 2008 at 08:21:59 AM PDT

•  Blah blah blah. (5+ / 0-)
          Sparhawk, bablhous, 3goldens, IvanR, KingCranky

You can't answer the actual question, because you were talking out your ass.

Admit it now, and we may let it slide.

You were talking out your ass.

Just say it. Everyone knows it.

Mrrrah! "Morons!" Mrrah! "Kiss election goodbye!"

The tough talk won't hide the fact that you're making shit up. I know what you're basing it on, and Dean's already backtracked on that. And the idea that Bush won't pardon anyone because it'll make him look bad is just too stupid to comment on.

But none of that answers the question: On what are you basing your promise that there WILL BE prosecutions?

Nothing. We all know it. Just admit it.

•  Speaking of talking out one's ass (0+ / 0-)

LOL. Keep trying oh ancient one

by Jeremy10036 on Thu Jul 03, 2008 at 08:34:00 AM PDT

•  Nice try. (6+ / 0-)

Oh, look! It's the old "LOL" trick, where he pretends he's laughing about the fact that we all just caught making shit.

Skip it, junior. We've seen it a thousand times before you ever "though" of it. Everyone just saw you get pantsed.

Can you tell us where you saw Obama promise prosecutions?

No, you can't.

You're full of shit, and we all watched you slink away from the challenge. Full of your teenage braggadocio, of course, but full of shit nonetheless.

pwn3d.

•  What's this "we" bullshit? (0+ / 1-)
                Hidden by:
                IvanR

You now have Queen Elizabeth speaking out your ass, beyond whatever else is lurking in there?

But regardless, keep your tongue glued to Kos' ass (find polyps while you were up there, btw?), and cease donating to the campaign as he is.

Or, you could shut the fuck up, take out your Social Security check and endorse it to Obama. So get going on it, gramps.

by Jeremy10036 on Thu Jul 03, 2008 at 08:51:43 AM PDT

•  We. Means "us." (3+ / 0-)
                  bablhous, 3goldens, KingCranky

That is, everyone who's reading your bullshit.

What an ass you are, dude. Queen Elizabeth? Shut the fuck up and admit you're full of shit, already.

What a cock.

Social Security check. What a piece of work you are. Ooh! I'm so sad! He implied that I'm old! And me, all of 39!

Mercy! Someone fetch the smelling salts!

You. Suck. At This.

•  Just sign the fucking check, Jesus (0+ / 0-)

by Jeremy10036 on Thu Jul 03, 2008 at 09:00:03 AM PDT

•  Lose. (3+ / 0-)
                      bablhous, 3goldens, KingCranky

Still won't admit it. Will try everything but answering the question.

So young. Such a tender ego. So... precious.

•  God, you're a moron (0+ / 0-)

You asked if I'd swear that there would be prosecutions under an Obama admin. I never wrote or insinuated that there would be. I merely wrote that the FISA bill doesn't prevent Obama from going after these assholes. Who can guarantee anything in life, besides you coming up with shit I never wrote to begin with?

Perhaps if you'd have read what I wrote in the first place instead of asking me to swear on something I never contented, I'd be able to take you or your ridiculous queries a tad more seriously.

But since you won't/can't - take your pick - all I can do with trash like you is urge you to get that ugly thing you call a face out of Kos' rear end and write a fucking check to the campaign. Actually, you can do it while still being up his ass, since you're doing pretty well so far.

Now run along, butterball and start working for the campaign instead of following Kos around like a fucking retarded lap dog and withholding donations.

Not gonna waste more time on you. I see enough bloviating ghetto trash in the streets here in NY w/o contending with it on Kos.

Peace.

by Jeremy10036 on Thu Jul 03, 2008 at 09:29:32 AM PDT

•  You made that claim to save your ass. (3+ / 0-)
                          bablhous, 3goldens, KingCranky

You wanted everyone to accept your argument that Obama's stance is a wash because there could be prosecutions.

But Obama gives no indication whatsoever that there actually be any. So you're leaning on nothing, and hoping everyone will give up and adopt your position because of something you saw on TV.

Well, nothing in the bill prevents pardons, and nothing can. There won't be any prosecutions, and it's the biggest red herring on the planet to drag that bullshit out and hope people will swallow it.

Nor do I believe you'll ever take this debate seriously, no matter what I say. Twenty-nine years old -- and living in Manhattan, no less -- and still no better jokes than, "you're old," or "you're ugly" or stuff about asses? What a fucking waste of your zip code! Give the apartment to someone who's gonna live there.

Peace this, tweener. Your Facebook chic days are behind you.

•  Even if this were true, (3+ / 0-)
          bablhous, 3goldens, KingCranky

and as KGROX points out, you have to be pretty naive to believe it, the new FISA destroys our 4th Amendment by enacting basket warrants and other unConstitutional provisions that, because of other laws, will be impossible to challenge in the courts.

PATRIOT I+II, MCA, FISA CAPITULATION, NOW TORTURE. YOUR COUNTRY IS SLOWLY BEING DISMANTLED. WHAT R U GONNA DO ABOUT IT?

by maxschell on Thu Jul 03, 2008 at 08:27:35 AM PDT

•  The FISA point is debatable as there are (0+ / 0-)

arguments on both sides of the issue.

What isn't in dispute is the fact that if enough people do as Kos, and withhold donations to the campaign there's only one person this helps. Hint: it ain't Obama.

But anyway, it gives a platform for bloviating windbags like Kagro to make a point while McCain laughs his way to the WH. That's my point.

by Jeremy10036 on Thu Jul 03, 2008 at 08:38:48 AM PDT

•  Then why won't you actually debate it? (3+ / 0-)
              bablhous, 3goldens, KingCranky

Why do you keep talking bullshit, like promising that Obama will prosecute.

Substantiate your claim.

Do it. Find anything. Try. Be an adult.

You can't. That's why you won't. But you go on and on and on and on and on, just as though the reality-based community wouldn't notice.

Full of shit, and can't come to grips with it. That's why no one takes you seriously.

•  Debatable? Then let's hear your arguments. (0+ / 0-)

In the meantime, I'm sticking with people I trust to fight for me on this issue, like Russ, who had this to say this am:

Dear Friend,

In recent days, people across the country have voiced the opinion that the so-called "compromise" FISA bill working its way through the Senate must be stopped.

As you already know, I am working hard to strip retroactive immunity for the telecommunications companies that allegedly cooperated with the President's illegal warrantless wiretapping program from the bill.

But that is not the only problem. This FISA legislation gives enormous powers to the government: including the ability to read emails and text messages and listen to phone conversations of anyone communicating with their family members, friends, associates, reporters, ANYBODY who may be overseas -- all with zero court review.  Nobody should be supporting this legislation.

We can defend our country from terrorists while at the same time protecting the rights and freedoms outlined in the Constitution.  It's time for our elected officials to stand up for the values on which our country was founded.

We should celebrate our Constitution this Fourth of July -- and do everything we can to prevent it from being torn up when the Senate returns to Washington next week.

Progressives everywhere have already had a tremendous impact -- with phone calls, emails, and letters pouring into offices by the hundreds (in some cases thousands), but the pressure on my colleagues to give in to this so-called "compromise" and President Bush is strong.

I'm going to continue to do everything I can to stand up for the rights and freedoms we all share.  Thanks again for doing your part.

Sincerely,

Russ Feingold
              Honorary Chair
              Progressive Patriots Fund

Obama is wrong on this.  And we will educate him.

by maxschell on Thu Jul 03, 2008 at 12:31:59 PM PDT

•  Idiot. (0+ / 0-)

it doesn't save the telecoms from prosecution under an Obama DOJ.

But a Bush pardon does, you fool.

Ye gods, what cluelessness.

• Recommended (124)
  • Community (60)
  • Elections (31)
  • Media (31)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (30)
  • 2016 (29)
  • Republicans (21)
  • Economy (19)
  • Labor (19)
  • Jeb Bush (18)
  • Josh Duggar (18)
  • Bernie Sanders (16)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site