View Diary: Speaker Pelosi, Mark My Words (191 comments)

•  We donated a couple months ago, but (0+ / 0-)

the point is the same

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? - Patrick Henry

by BetMyCitizenship on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 06:21:46 PM PDT

•  The point is not the same. (1+ / 0-)
      DH from MD

Sheehan did not run in the primary.  She is running in the general on a right wing platform.  Now remove your bullshit HRs.

When McCain talks he sounds like an evil Mr. Rogers.

by clonecone on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 06:23:10 PM PDT

•  Done. But having an antiwar (2+ / 0-)
        costello7, Nonconformist

"Neocon" might not be as bad as an enabler.

by BetMyCitizenship on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 06:26:48 PM PDT

•  I have a deal for you. (0+ / 0-)

You come over to PFF and we can debate this to our hearts content. But this is not the right place to do this seeing that this is not the right site to do it.

•  I'm sorry if I dislike the idea (1+ / 0-)
            costello7

of a flat or use tax, and if I dislike the idea of discrimination of anyone for any reason, and respect a woman's right to choose. BUT, I most certainly dislike dead service members more. Forgive me, if I have a fucked up perspective. Pelosi enabled the deaths of 600k Iraqis and almost 5000 troops. That is what I cared about then and still do.

by BetMyCitizenship on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 06:37:09 PM PDT

•  I don't either. (2+ / 0-)
              burrow owl, BetMyCitizenship

But this is not the appropriate place to do this. Will you meet with me at PFF in a couple of hours or so, where I can write a rebuttal? This is not the appropriate place to promote Sheehan.

•  What is PFF? and I'm already sorry (0+ / 0-)

for posting this. I'm sure we all know someone in harm's way, but it can be a bit different when you have experienced a loss, then blame the one whose fault it is (GWB) then experience one more, and find that the woman who vowed to end this nightmare is unwilling to do so.

by BetMyCitizenship on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 06:49:39 PM PDT

•  I've got a better idea: (0+ / 0-)

Get help. I don't normally tell people this, but it seems that you have lost your friends in Iraq and you're not dealing with it very well. As soon as you get to the acceptance stage, then you will be in a much better position to deal with us. We're not an anti-war blog, and we're not a professional counseling blog; we're a Democratic blog. For your own sake, find someone to talk to.

•  I've accepted, it's just that I don't want (0+ / 0-)

others to go through the same. It's a cogent thought. I don't want people to lose their jobs, I don't want them to be taken advantage of by corporate America, and I don't want them to be discriminated against, but most importantly I believe in the sanctity of life. They should not have to turn to the military when their education fails them, and then be forced into fighting a war we all knew was unnecessary.

by BetMyCitizenship on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 07:03:39 PM PDT

•  No, you haven't. (0+ / 0-)

Or you would not be lashing out at us and against Pelosi. I can tell by your tone. Find someone to talk to -- we're not a substitute for real live human interaction. And how can we avoid being taken advantage of by corporate America when we get rid of the IRS like Cindy would do? And how would we fund our schools? And how would our young people find a better way of life than the military?

•  I'm sorry if you feel any of my anger is (0+ / 0-)

directed at you. It is most certainly not. I understand differing opinions, and my only "angry" responses have been directed at those who assailed my belief system as if it were somehow different from theirs. It's the same , albeit some issues are weighted more heavily in my opinion. The speaker deserves my spite. After all she was the one who chose to call the unnecessary FISA bill for a vote. Why did she do that? Maybe that's something we can agree on.

by BetMyCitizenship on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 07:11:38 PM PDT

•  I understand that its not directed at me. (0+ / 0-)

But you're taking it out on the site, which is here for the purpose of electing Democrats. That would be like me taking a dump on your living room floor and calling it free speech. And you have to understand that if she had not called it for a vote, the supporters would have signed a discharge petition to get it to the floor anyway, so she had no control over that.

•  You mistake my point, it was that she is no (1+ / 0-)
                            Nonconformist

longer a Democrat. She has shat on our values, and our candidate, and as such deserves our scorn (was going to say wrath, but it sounded too strong).

by BetMyCitizenship on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 07:21:44 PM PDT

•  Nice try, EH (0+ / 0-)

Yes, the diarist would probably enjoy PFF much more.

John McCain's Court will overturn Roe; don't kid yourself.

by Seneca Doane on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 07:34:09 PM PDT

•  Does no one do any research anymore (0+ / 0-)

This is why people have the impression that this site might be an echo chamber. I'm not leaving. I'm fairly new to this site, but I'm a TU. I must not be such a jackass that you need to berate me for holding a grudge against the Speaker.

by BetMyCitizenship on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 08:00:54 PM PDT

•  Let me repeat this more slowly (1+ / 0-)
                            BetMyCitizenship

You would probably enjoy PFF much more than DKos.  That's all I said.  My opinion.

John McCain's Court will overturn Roe; don't kid yourself.

by Seneca Doane on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 08:39:20 PM PDT

•  I'll rec that comment, but I'm at home (0+ / 0-)

here most of the time. I care not that this diary got flamed, because I agree with the platform we all support. I may be more fervent about one particular issue, but I am in agreement with where we need to go. Please understand, that while I may seem to be fighting against some of our goals, I am really fighting strongly for one of them. Perhaps it is at the expense of some others, but truth is, we all have our hot-button issue.

by BetMyCitizenship on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 08:46:42 PM PDT

•  So why not let them do it (1+ / 0-)
                            Calfacon

It is akin to Leader Reid honoring Republican holds, and not those of his party.

by BetMyCitizenship on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 08:02:34 PM PDT

• Education (18)
  • Hillary Clinton (18)
  • Freddie Gray (17)
  • Racism (17)
  • Politics (17)
  • Media (16)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site