View Diary: Speaker Pelosi, Mark My Words (191 comments)

•  $4600 that you've wasted (3+ / 0-)
    GOTV, Eternal Hope, David Kroning

and it's really dumb that you've emptied your life savings for this futile task. I can't wait for Pelosi to destroy Sheehan at the polls. Sheehan's 15 minutes of fame have long since to come to an end. I want her to not only lose, but lose in devastatingly large landslide.

•  I would be very surprised if this is true (3+ / 1-)
      GOTV, cville townie, Phil E Buster
      Hidden by:
      BetMyCitizenship

which of course colors my reaction to the whole diary.

John McCain's Court will overturn Roe; don't kid yourself.

by Seneca Doane on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 07:37:38 PM PDT

•  Check my history, I'm not a troll, and (0+ / 0-)

don't tell anyone, but I also gave 840k to McCain's secret campaign. Did you shoot JFK?

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? - Patrick Henry

by BetMyCitizenship on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 07:44:11 PM PDT

•  Call me a liar again! WTFE (0+ / 0-)

by BetMyCitizenship on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 07:47:41 PM PDT

•  Been a long time since I've had a comment hidden (1+ / 0-)
          Phil E Buster

but good luck finding a seconder.  I'll be watching.

If you actually did this, I agree with those who say that you need help.  This is outside of the range of normal actions, and I don't mean morally.

It is more likely that you are ... lying is such an ugly word ... stretching the truth to make a point?  But I didn't say definitively that you're lying, just that I'd be surprised if what you claim is true.  (And if it is, seriously, ask for it back.)

John McCain's Court will overturn Roe; don't kid yourself.

by Seneca Doane on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 07:57:03 PM PDT

•  I need no seconds (0+ / 0-)

That was what we like to call "ad-hominem" No second is needed. Complain to the admins if you wish, but I don't think that comment will garner much support. Now if you had called me a Pelosi Hating anti DINO, that would be correct. Feel free to do that w/o fear of repercussion.

by BetMyCitizenship on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 08:33:49 PM PDT

•  Sorry about my above comment (0+ / 0-)

It appears that you have protected yourself within the shield of "plausible deniability." Quite appropriate considering the subject matter of my diary.

by BetMyCitizenship on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 08:35:46 PM PDT

•  I said what I said intentionally (0+ / 0-)

Then I had to explain it to you.  That's not "plausible deniability" -- it's writing with clarity and not making allegations I can't necessarily support.

You might want to check into it.

John McCain's Court will overturn Roe; don't kid yourself.

by Seneca Doane on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 08:42:11 PM PDT

•  K my bad? (0+ / 0-)

Yeah, you subtly hinted that I was dishonest... Oh wait, you said that you believed it... Okay, I should not take offense. Yeah, that's the ticket. BTW

As an example, an attorney may suspect that facts exist which would hurt his case, but decide not to investigate the issue because if the attorney had actual knowledge, the rules of ethics might require him to reveal those facts to the opposing side. Thus his failure to investigate maintains plausible deniability.

Is a bit similar to what you did with your comment.

by BetMyCitizenship on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 08:56:20 PM PDT

•  It's not my life savings, large part of it yes (0+ / 0-)

and I did it to make a point, not to do anything other than placate my conscience.

by BetMyCitizenship on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 07:55:43 PM PDT

• Media (28)
  • Republicans (28)
  • Barack Obama (25)
  • Law (24)
  • Labor (23)
  • Spam (22)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (20)
  • International (19)
  • Economy (19)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site