View Diary: Speaker Pelosi, Mark My Words (191 comments)

•  I've accepted, it's just that I don't want (0+ / 0-)

others to go through the same. It's a cogent thought. I don't want people to lose their jobs, I don't want them to be taken advantage of by corporate America, and I don't want them to be discriminated against, but most importantly I believe in the sanctity of life. They should not have to turn to the military when their education fails them, and then be forced into fighting a war we all knew was unnecessary.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? - Patrick Henry

by BetMyCitizenship on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 07:03:39 PM PDT

•  No, you haven't. (0+ / 0-)

Or you would not be lashing out at us and against Pelosi. I can tell by your tone. Find someone to talk to -- we're not a substitute for real live human interaction. And how can we avoid being taken advantage of by corporate America when we get rid of the IRS like Cindy would do? And how would we fund our schools? And how would our young people find a better way of life than the military?

•  I'm sorry if you feel any of my anger is (0+ / 0-)

directed at you. It is most certainly not. I understand differing opinions, and my only "angry" responses have been directed at those who assailed my belief system as if it were somehow different from theirs. It's the same , albeit some issues are weighted more heavily in my opinion. The speaker deserves my spite. After all she was the one who chose to call the unnecessary FISA bill for a vote. Why did she do that? Maybe that's something we can agree on.

by BetMyCitizenship on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 07:11:38 PM PDT

•  I understand that its not directed at me. (0+ / 0-)

But you're taking it out on the site, which is here for the purpose of electing Democrats. That would be like me taking a dump on your living room floor and calling it free speech. And you have to understand that if she had not called it for a vote, the supporters would have signed a discharge petition to get it to the floor anyway, so she had no control over that.

•  You mistake my point, it was that she is no (1+ / 0-)
            Nonconformist

longer a Democrat. She has shat on our values, and our candidate, and as such deserves our scorn (was going to say wrath, but it sounded too strong).

by BetMyCitizenship on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 07:21:44 PM PDT

•  Nice try, EH (0+ / 0-)

Yes, the diarist would probably enjoy PFF much more.

John McCain's Court will overturn Roe; don't kid yourself.

by Seneca Doane on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 07:34:09 PM PDT

•  Does no one do any research anymore (0+ / 0-)

This is why people have the impression that this site might be an echo chamber. I'm not leaving. I'm fairly new to this site, but I'm a TU. I must not be such a jackass that you need to berate me for holding a grudge against the Speaker.

by BetMyCitizenship on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 08:00:54 PM PDT

•  Let me repeat this more slowly (1+ / 0-)
                BetMyCitizenship

You would probably enjoy PFF much more than DKos.  That's all I said.  My opinion.

John McCain's Court will overturn Roe; don't kid yourself.

by Seneca Doane on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 08:39:20 PM PDT

•  I'll rec that comment, but I'm at home (0+ / 0-)

here most of the time. I care not that this diary got flamed, because I agree with the platform we all support. I may be more fervent about one particular issue, but I am in agreement with where we need to go. Please understand, that while I may seem to be fighting against some of our goals, I am really fighting strongly for one of them. Perhaps it is at the expense of some others, but truth is, we all have our hot-button issue.

by BetMyCitizenship on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 08:46:42 PM PDT

•  So why not let them do it (1+ / 0-)
            Calfacon

It is akin to Leader Reid honoring Republican holds, and not those of his party.

by BetMyCitizenship on Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 08:02:34 PM PDT