View Diary: Is Barack Obama Considering Steve Beshear For Vice President? (46 comments)

•  The Guy Is Seriously Off His Rocker (0+ / 0-)

And has no capability of hiding it.

If he's the candidate in 2010, he'll implode.  It remains in doubt whether he could possibly lose, however, since he was batshit in 2004 and he still won.

It's been my understanding that Chandler would run for that Senate seat in 2010.

Also, I don't really see Beshear as a possible VP for Obama.

You can have your "Under God" back when I get my "Liberty and Justice For All" back.

by karateexplosions on Mon Aug 04, 2008 at 06:22:57 AM PDT

•  Why not?? (0+ / 0-)

What is wrong with Beshear?

Support Ryan for Kentucky!! http://www.actblue.com/page/americansforryan

by RDemocrat on Mon Aug 04, 2008 at 09:23:34 AM PDT

•  I Didn't Say There Was Anything "Wrong" With Him (0+ / 0-)

But I don't see him as Obama's likely pick.  I don't see what he would bring to an Obama campaign that he couldn't get more easily somewhere else.

by karateexplosions on Mon Aug 04, 2008 at 09:32:32 AM PDT

•  Consider (1+ / 0-)
          RDemocrat

this. Steve Beshear can deliver Kentucky and get rid of McConnell at the same time.

The Hillbilly, James Pence

by HillbillyReport on Mon Aug 04, 2008 at 09:34:38 AM PDT

•  I Seriously Doubt Obama Will Take Kentucky (0+ / 0-)

with Beshear on the ticket or not.

by karateexplosions on Mon Aug 04, 2008 at 09:40:57 AM PDT

•  Well... (0+ / 0-)

Ignoring us like Gore, and Kerry did and he seems to be doing now sure isn't going to get it done!!

Support Ryan for Kentucky!! http://www.actblue.com/page/americansforryan

by RDemocrat on Mon Aug 04, 2008 at 09:48:53 AM PDT

•  I Know That He Has People Here (1+ / 0-)
                Unstable Isotope

And it's important to get out the vote for down-ticket races, but I've spent a lot of time talking to voters and even here around Louisville, in areas that are generally more Democratic-friendly than the state at-large, I've seen and heard an awful lot of racist and otherwise anti-Obama smears.  Even from Dems who supported Kerry, Gore, Clinton, etc.  There is a strong racism factor at play here.

I saw Obama when he came to Louisville a couple months ago, and I'd love for him to come back again and go to other parts of the state, but I can't fault him if he focuses most of his resources on places where he has a chance in hell.

by karateexplosions on Mon Aug 04, 2008 at 10:01:21 AM PDT

•  You are (1+ / 0-)
              RDemocrat

probably right, but after Steve's speech and I've heard him speak many times, I just had this gut feeling.

The Hillbilly, James Pence