View Diary: The new glass ceiling (409 comments)

•  Some women are independents, you know. (0+ / 0-)

Everyone gets to vote in the general election. Even Republican women who crossed over for Hillary in the primary. I personally know a few of them. One lied to her right-wing husband about her primary vote in support of Clinton.

The way to see by Faith is to shut the Eye of Reason. -Benjamin Franklin

by HairyTrueMan on Mon Aug 04, 2008 at 03:54:33 PM PDT

•  So your contention (4+ / 0-)
      MadEye, Uberbah, ShadowSD, Lazar

is that Independents and Republican women will ONLY vote for an Obama / Clinton ticket, and if it's another woman, they have such dedication to Hillary Clinton that they wouldn't vote for Obama?

I stand by my original analogy between the Joker and bin Laden and the Riddler and Hussein. -- Greasy Grant

by TheBlaz on Mon Aug 04, 2008 at 03:57:02 PM PDT

•  My contention... (2+ / 0-)
        quaderni, TheBlaz

is that choosing a woman other than Hillary would not be helpful to Obama... mainly because it would be about Hillary again. It would rehash the primary. It would be unbelievably annoying and likely piss off a lot of women... Democrats, Republicans, and Independents.

It would hurt Obama.

I'm not saying it should be Hillary. Personally, I think it SHOULDN'T be Hillary.

That's my point.

The way to see by Faith is to shut the Eye of Reason. -Benjamin Franklin

by HairyTrueMan on Mon Aug 04, 2008 at 04:17:21 PM PDT

•  I can see that (0+ / 0-)

more than what PUMAs and Ferraro are arguing.

by TheBlaz on Mon Aug 04, 2008 at 04:18:13 PM PDT

•  but again, (1+ / 0-)
          HairyTrueMan

that seems to suggest that ALL the woman who voted secretly or openly for Clinton will ONLY vote for Clinton, and not any other woman Veep. Is that even remotely likely? Most people don't vote for a Veep regardless, and if Obama can find a more qualified woman candidate (and believe me there are more qualified candidates than a 2-term senator from a relatively safe state) you gotta think that they will still pull the level for the better choice, the one that represents them the best, and if it is a woman other than, and perhaps better qualified than Clinton... all the better.

This is of course moot since he is most likely going to be picking a white male anyway. Pity that.

Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment. --Solomon Short

by potty p on Mon Aug 04, 2008 at 06:08:52 PM PDT

•  And I know many who voted for her (1+ / 0-)
      Uberbah

to prevent Obama from getting the nomination. Operation Chaos worked in some states!

"Statistics are people with the tears washed away." Sociologist Ruth Sidel