View Diary: Lets not say anything bad about this SUSA poll: (55 comments)

•  NC looks pretty good (none)
    Remember, in 2000 Gore lost NC by nearly 13%.

Kerry is within 7% of Likely Voters. This is great. And John Edwards, the home boy, hasn't even shown his great stuff at the VP debate.

Think of the money and time BC04 will need to spend to shore up NC instead of spending it elsewhere, like Ohio.

"The military don't start wars. Politicians start wars." - William Westmoreland Jr

by pacific city on Tue Oct 05, 2004 at 03:27:40 PM PDT

•  We are going to win NC. (none)

"I'm not saying that John Kerry has all the answers, but Bush has none, and he's cheating off of Dick Cheney's paper."-Bill Maher

by theprogressivemiddle on Tue Oct 05, 2004 at 03:29:16 PM PDT

•  Wow (none)
        I love that unbridled optimism!

Rules are good. Break them.

by KariQ on Tue Oct 05, 2004 at 03:31:48 PM PDT

•  Can I tell you something? (none)
          I know I am going to sound like a complete lunatic, but I happen to  think of or imagine certain things - in visions, if you will. And some time after I imagine something, it usually happens. (I tend to imagine it more than once.) I imagined Kerry saying the line "I defended this country as a young man, and I will defend it as President of the United States." I imagined using certain links from Brad DeLong's site in arguments or discussions on this board, and in the past few days, I have done just that. I've imagined that certain women I meet will be drawn to me more than others. Guess what? Over the past few weeks, each time I come across this one woman, she always seems to be friendlier and more interested than others. The list goes on and on. I've probably been wrog about things, but honestly, I can't remember such a time. Even if it happens a long time later, say weeks or months, it happens.

What does all this have to do with the presidential election? Well, I imagined that we would win, and which states, too.

by theprogressivemiddle on Tue Oct 05, 2004 at 03:45:51 PM PDT

•  So (none)
            What do your visions say about South Carolina?

Rules are good. Break them.

by KariQ on Tue Oct 05, 2004 at 03:47:22 PM PDT

•  I have Bush winning it. (none)

by theprogressivemiddle on Tue Oct 05, 2004 at 03:48:37 PM PDT

•  Dang (none)
                I was hoping it would go for Kerry so we could all begin the party early!  But if Kerry takes North Carolina, that will do just as well.

Rules are good. Break them.

by KariQ on Tue Oct 05, 2004 at 03:49:38 PM PDT

•  I believe in stuff like that, (none)
                  progressivemiddle, and my gut goes with Kerry, too.  Can't you conjure South Carolina into the mix?

I had a dream a few months ago where on election night, John Kerry 49 of the 50 states.  Even so, the election was a squeaker, and it was close in every state.  I woke up before I found out which state went for Bush.

Heck, maybe it was South Carolina.

The First Primate: Wrong on Security. Wrong on defense. Wrong for America.

by DCDemocrat on Tue Oct 05, 2004 at 04:18:00 PM PDT

•  "President Kerry" (none)
            I have myself made the mistake of saying President Kerry, and I have heard others make the same mistake - not all of them Democrats.

After the debate, on C-Span at least two callers said "President Kerry" and they were both Bush supporters.

Freudian slip or something more?

We'll know in 28 more days.

•  Oh, one more thing: (none)
              last year, months before the Iowa caucus, I imagined John Kerry and THK walking back into the White House from that big green helicopter that carries the President and First Lady.

by theprogressivemiddle on Tue Oct 05, 2004 at 03:59:08 PM PDT

•  Well, hell, (none)
            Why not?  I mean so far we've had everything else on this site, warfare between Kerry folk and Deaniacs, fantasies of what people would like to do to Bush and Cheney using aluminum cylinders or whatever, harebrained ideas for Kerry advertisements --  but so far no psychics.

Why not, I say?  A good psychic is worth three polls, maybe four.  I mean, the heck with Gallup, down with Zogby, out with the rest.  One good psychic is all we need.

Just post the election results here, and I can relax until November 2.

•  Well, Mr. Sarcasm, (none)
              I didn't claim to be a psychic*, but since you asked, I will tell you. The results will be as follows - in alphabetical order, no less:

Connecticut - 7

Oregon - 7

Pennsylvania - 21

Rhode Island - 4

Washington - 11

Vermont - 3

Total: 332

Others include Colorado (9), Wisconsin (10), Arkansas (6), West Virginia (5), and Virginia (13).

I'm going to allow a decent margin of error - and something out of the blue, like Arizona coming our way - but more or less, that will be the total. For some reason, I said 326 a week or two ago, but I'm not sure of the way to get that number.

*I appreciate your humor. I really do. I was just being sarcastic in return.

by theprogressivemiddle on Tue Oct 05, 2004 at 05:23:25 PM PDT