View Diary: McCain believes Christianity superior; U.S., Georgia "Christian Nations." (90 comments)

•  I Hate to Trollrate - (1+ / 0-)
    alexnovo

But I must agree that the comment, in and of itself, is reprehensible.

Do you have links to the the other comments you mentioned?

•  no he's lying as usual (0+ / 0-)

first, johnny I'm not faulting you for the HR although I disagree.

Second, I was raised Jewish, my whole family is Jewish but that is probative of nothing.

Third, I have consistently said that Jewish people are some of the greatest people in the world and about 90% of them have wonderful values.

Fourth, my comment about Lieberman has NOTHING to do with his religion.  It's about Lieberman being an opportunist.

Fifth, I have referred to a very small sect of Likudian zealots as evil and have said that they are a fringe of less than 10% who misuse the Jewish religion.  Braveheart can't give you the quote, he's just lieing as usuall.  He is RW troll and quite dishonest.  Look at his comment history and who he stalks at this site.

I shall not rest until right wing conservatives are 4th party gadflies limited to offering minor corrections on legislation once or twice a year.

by davefromqueens on Wed Aug 13, 2008 at 12:51:43 PM PDT

•  It's Really Gotten Nasty Around Here - (2+ / 0-)
        alexnovo, BraveheartDC

Here, joking about a Jew converting for the Nazis -
        There, joking about Georgians advancing alternative energy.

As much as you dislike Lieberman, it goes too far.

I remember commenting fifteen years ago to a friend about how distraught Richard Nixon was at the funeral for his wife, Pat.  My friend said, "I don't care. I hope he is in agony."

It doesn't have to be that way.

•  You are fine (1+ / 0-)
          johnnygunn

There is no beef with you.

The other person is a nasty right wing troll who came to this site back in Nov. specifically to stalk my diaries and comments.  if you see his comment history over 8 months, you will note that more than 75% of all comments of his have been in my diaries and my comments.

He also came to this site and called Obama and Clinton far left and said that McCain was way to the left of him.

Look at his new signature line?  That deserves a troll rating.

He has also referred to Kossacks as "the nutroots" and made numerous trollish remarks.

His time is up, we need to join together and end his stay here.

by davefromqueens on Wed Aug 13, 2008 at 01:21:29 PM PDT

•  I'll Follow Up - (1+ / 0-)
            davefromqueens

As you have suggested.

•  he just changed the sig line (0+ / 0-)

earlier today it said

"I am to the right of McCain and I am right."

He's here to cause trouble, plain and simple.

by davefromqueens on Wed Aug 13, 2008 at 01:57:56 PM PDT

•  Another lie (0+ / 0-)

(sigh)

Obama/Biden 08! (Well I can wish can't I?)

by BraveheartDC on Wed Aug 13, 2008 at 02:01:19 PM PDT

•  Sigh. (2+ / 0-)
                  Brecht, davefromqueens

Not.

Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar. Edward R. Murrow

by Pager on Wed Aug 13, 2008 at 02:02:16 PM PDT

•  You're not bad, pager... (0+ / 0-)

Really.  But you pick some strange people to defend on here.  bigdave is having a go at me because I called him on it when he said Joe Lieberman (who he calls "Adolph Joe") would have joined the Nazi party. Others called him on this as well.

He's also displayed an astonishing amount of misogyny, but I'll leave that alone for now.

Obama/Biden 08! (Well I can wish can't I?)

by BraveheartDC on Wed Aug 13, 2008 at 02:16:31 PM PDT

•  Feel free to join me in any of the hundreds (1+ / 0-)
                      Brecht

of diaries that I frequent. This is a political site--I'm sure you can find something that interests you, besides dave, that is.

by Pager on Wed Aug 13, 2008 at 02:33:41 PM PDT

•  I'll admit... (0+ / 0-)

...dave and I have gotten into it.  But if you look through my comment history, you'll find hundreds and hundreds of comments (the majority, in fact) that have nothing to do with dave.  And I certainly don't throw around the kind of hate and vitriol that he does.  And now he thinks someone can be banned for a sig line (even if I had the sig line he described, which I didn't, it would hardly be bannable).

Really, I genuinely have no problem with you, but I'm not sure why you'd want to defend someone like that.

But I'll leave it at that.  See you around.

Obama/Biden 08! (Well I can wish can't I?)

by BraveheartDC on Wed Aug 13, 2008 at 02:40:12 PM PDT

•  Just leave him alone (4+ / 0-)
                          Brecht, blueness, BoiseBlue, browneyes

and we'll get alone fine.

You do have an obsession with dave and it is apparent to many on this site, not just me.

by Pager on Wed Aug 13, 2008 at 02:43:11 PM PDT

•  Not really (0+ / 0-)

There's lots of people on here who disagree with me. But daves particular brand of hate, I must admit, troubles me, and I don't mind pointing it out.  Just because he has a handful of people who agree with him really doesn't mean much to me.

In any event, it's really not your place to fight his battles (and I'm not sure why you'd want to pick this guy to defend), but do what you will.  I for one don't have a beef with you, and certainly wont' fight with you.

Cheers.

Obama/Biden 08! (Well I can wish can't I?)

by BraveheartDC on Wed Aug 13, 2008 at 02:50:58 PM PDT

•  Good. (3+ / 0-)
                            Brecht, davefromqueens, BoiseBlue

Then stop responding to me. I don't like you and I share that sentiment with many on this site.

You are a fake and a liar and I find both to be quite unappealing in a human being.

by Pager on Wed Aug 13, 2008 at 02:52:13 PM PDT

•  I'll remind you.... (0+ / 0-)

...that you first commented to me, then said you never would again, and, after I hadn't said a word to you for weeks, you popped up out of nowhere to comment to me again...followed by one of your trademark winks. Then you commented to me again today. I didn't initiate anything with you.

And, you'll excuse me if I don't take your judge of character very seriously, considering your proclivity to defend randy and dave.

Let's see if you can avoid responding to me yet again.  Until then, you won't hear anything from me.

Obama/Biden 08! (Well I can wish can't I?)

by BraveheartDC on Wed Aug 13, 2008 at 03:07:11 PM PDT

•  80 percent of his comments (0+ / 0-)

have been in my diaries or my threads.  If I actually count, I think the number is closer to ninety percent.

he came on right after the time when Hannity and the bookstore incident and Levin cancelling his book appearance last Nov. and Dec 1, respectively.

This stalker showed up just then.

The sad part about Major Flaw is that he is just a jerk and he is turning people away from this site. MF read Bravehearts comments about how Braveheart said Obama was far left and McCain was to the left of him and still defendant Braveheart as someone who will "make valuable contributions" here.

MF does NOT share Braveheart's political views.  I do think MF's views are closely aligned with those of this community and that politically, him and I probably agree on most things.  It has to do with a person who would put his personal animus over his self appointed role as a troll hunter.  And in doing so, he blew all his credibility.

MF has done this with many others, just attacking them for no reason and eventually what happens with the occasional poster is that they get tired of this BS, figure that this MF represents Daily Kos, and then become embittered when it's not the case.

by davefromqueens on Wed Aug 13, 2008 at 03:17:33 PM PDT

•  Cheer up. (1+ / 0-)
                            davefromqueens

Literally dozens of folks have called out flaw in the last month. His behavior is no longer under the radar or acceptable to thinking people that care about this blog and its future.

He continues with his CT theories on why folks "gang up" on him, when in reality, he's been doing it for years, starting with his very own little gang of email and text messaging buddies that got together for the "greater good" of this blog to ban Reality Bias and then just kept on going.

What comes around goes around, although I do appreciate that he cannot comprehend that some of us are now watching both him and brave and that there is no concerted effort--just loads of folks that are sick of both of them and their obsessive bullshit.

And by the way, it wouldn't hurt to mention this to an Admin. I have done so already but the more the merrier. When these two "attorneys" begin costing this site money by driving away potential users, their behavior will no longer be tolerated.

In the meantime, I'm off work soon and to the grocery store.

by Pager on Wed Aug 13, 2008 at 03:29:56 PM PDT

•  I'm 100 percent with you (0+ / 0-)

They could be the same person but I doubt it.

Braveheart is a wingnut, far right 5% fringe, probably living in his mom's basement on Long Island.

Major Flaw I think can be called a troll.  I'd call him a "Turnoff Troll" in which, while I don't doubt his politics are consistent with this site, he simply is here to turn people off by unfairly attacking, making things too personal, lieing, going after people for no reason, ad hominems, etc... all while proclaiming that others are doing to him what he does to others.  The effect of what he does is to turn people off.  I'm too entrenched to be turned off b/c I love the people here and will go to bat for almost all of them.

Dozens have apparently noticed this as well about Major Flaw.  Personally I wish he'd tone it down and simply be constructive.  He has smart observations from time but his ego is just out of control.

Enjoy work, got home 30 mins ago and I am zonked.

by davefromqueens on Wed Aug 13, 2008 at 03:35:18 PM PDT

•  you are going to love this (0+ / 0-)

He had as his signature line for most of today

"I am to the right of John McCain and I am right."

He changed it later this afternoon to Obama/Biden

He is now claiming that this has been his "long time sig line."

I've never seen someone lie online like this.  I don't know who is worse, him or Hannity.

by davefromqueens on Wed Aug 13, 2008 at 07:33:30 PM PDT

•  Oh and FYI? (3+ / 0-)
                            Brecht, davefromqueens, browneyes

To be honest (1+ / 0-)

MajorFlaw

I really don't care whether he is here or not. If people like Rangithr can dose out their daily profanity and abuse and not only remain,  but be praised for it, by people like cometboy and his trusty sidekick pagergirl,  I think it's a losing cause. geOrge is the same.

I used to think bigdave was one of the worst on here, but really he's just a big ill-tempered child compared to some others (see Rangithr).  He only got banned before because he pissed off the wrong person. Since there are so many worse offenders, bigdave isnt going anywhere.

But neither am I.

Obama/Biden 08! (Well I can wish can't I?)

by BraveheartDC on Tue Aug 12, 2008 at 02:48:24 PM MDT

[ Parent | Reply to This ]

Cometman isn't here anymore. But he sure does seem to freak you and the flaw out in a big way. I wonder why that is...hmm...

by Pager on Wed Aug 13, 2008 at 02:54:26 PM PDT

•  oh you, trusty sidekick pagergirl (1+ / 0-)
                            Pager

stirring up the soup again? Contentious issues indeed.

This thread full of yip-yap gives me deja vu. And there's a whole nother thread of it right below. Couldn't we just send Dave and Brave out with pistols at dawn? I expect you're making sense again, you mostly do.

I'll be back to look at this fracas this evening, but I'm out the door as we speak.

In the meantime, I'm off work soon and to the grocery store.

I hope you got me chocolate and cereal.

"Problems can't be solved by the same level of thinking that created them" Einstein

by Brecht on Thu Aug 14, 2008 at 10:52:23 AM PDT

•  I got you neither and you'll be happy for it. :) (2+ / 0-)
                            Brecht, kestrel9000

I did buy myself a pound of thinly sliced prosciutto and sliced some up with some Italian mozzarella cheese and vine ripened tomatoes. And it was yummy. Not to rub it in or anything.

And why can't I be the super hero? Why am I always relegated to sidekick? It's because I'm a girl, isn't it? :(

by Pager on Thu Aug 14, 2008 at 11:42:31 AM PDT

•  Brecht is a solid member of this community (0+ / 0-)

Brecht wants what's best and I am of the opinion that Brecht realizes that BraveheartDc is a right wing troll and a stalker.

by davefromqueens on Thu Aug 14, 2008 at 12:00:24 PM PDT

•  administration can check it out (0+ / 0-)

to see who's lying mr. right winger.

You've gained what, 1 ally here in 8 months and that ally has exposed himself so poorly.

I've got your number and his and now it's getting dialed up.

by davefromqueens on Wed Aug 13, 2008 at 03:10:45 PM PDT

•  This Commenter (0+ / 0-)

Just jumped around hijacking several diaries trying to get me banned (he got a total of 3 recs and I got not a single HR from it, except from him...in violation of site rules).  He just doesn't feel the community is big enough for both of us.

If banning is the price for standing up to hate, so be it.  I'll survive.

Obama/Biden 08! (Well I can wish can't I?)

by BraveheartDC on Wed Aug 13, 2008 at 03:17:12 PM PDT

•  Did you or did you not (0+ / 0-)

Have in your signature line, in sum and substance, for the better part of today the following:

"I am to the right of McCain and I am right."

Answer - yes or no.

by davefromqueens on Wed Aug 13, 2008 at 03:18:29 PM PDT

• Recommended (144)
  • Community (71)
  • 2016 (57)
  • Environment (46)
  • Elections (44)
  • Media (40)
  • Republicans (39)
  • Hillary Clinton (36)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (33)
  • Iraq (32)
  • Barack Obama (32)
  • Law (32)
  • Civil Rights (31)
  • Culture (31)
  • Jeb Bush (30)
  • Climate Change (29)
  • Economy (25)
  • Labor (25)
  • Bernie Sanders (21)
  • White House (19)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site