View Diary: The Pill:  Did you pass on a good husband? (73 comments)

•  I actually haven't been on the pill in over 20 (2+ / 0-)
    Heiuan, Cammi317

years.  I had way too many side effects even on the lowest dosage.  Maybe that is why DH has put up with me and vice-versa for 23 years.

Political will is a renewable resource --Al Gore, 2005

by icelady on Thu Aug 14, 2008 at 07:03:23 AM PDT

•  Did you switch to the 6 month shots? (2+ / 0-)
      Heiuan, Cammi317

My housemate uses those, not for birth control, but to regulate irregular cycling issues.  The nasty side effect there is a tendency to gain weight though, which annoys her.

Got a problem with my posts? Quit reading them. They're usually opinions, and I don't come here to get in arguments.

by drbloodaxe on Thu Aug 14, 2008 at 07:05:55 AM PDT

•  No meds don't like me very much. (3+ / 0-)
        Wee Mama, Heiuan, Cammi317

Motrin and Claritin are about all I can tolerate on a regular basis.

I pulled out my abacas and learned how to count =)

Political will is a renewable resource --Al Gore, 2005

by icelady on Thu Aug 14, 2008 at 07:12:43 AM PDT

•  I would've been happy (2+ / 0-)
        icelady, Cammi317

with just the weight gain, but I got weight gain AND turned into a raving b..ch on hormonal birth control.  It seems that my system does NOT like being messed with in any shape or form.  I.U.D.'s turned out to be the only reliable method for me, until after the DH and I surgically took ourselves out of the babymaking business once we had our daughter.

The apocalypse will require substantial revision of all zoning ordinances. - Zashvill Political compass -7.88 -7.03.

by Heiuan on Thu Aug 14, 2008 at 07:18:39 AM PDT

•  Hmmm I didn't realize (0+ / 0-)

the raving was the shot, I assumed it was her ground level state after having dealt with several a-holes in a row in her life.

by drbloodaxe on Thu Aug 14, 2008 at 07:31:54 AM PDT

•  Don't know about her, (0+ / 0-)

but for me...when I was finally clear of the hormone, I looked back on my behavior and was truly appalled.  Night and day difference.

by Heiuan on Thu Aug 14, 2008 at 10:39:28 AM PDT

•  I know someone who was using one of those "rings" (0+ / 0-)

and it dislodged and relocated itself and had to be surgically removed.  The only reason this was discovered was because she was gaining so much weight that she made a doctors appointment to have it removed.  The doctor's office could not find it and had to send her to have a MRI or Ultrasound (I can't remember which one) in order to locate it in her body.

•  Different strokes for different folks (1+ / 0-)
      Wee Mama

I'm no longer having the major mood swings and cravings that I had before going on the Pill -- and I'm now able to accurately predict when I'll be bleeding (usually about 2-3 days into the "inactive" pills) so I'm not caught having an "accident" when I'm out and about, especially in white pants, and the bleeding I have is a lot lighter as are the cramps.

Some people deal well with the Pill -- others can't take it for some reason so they use alternate methods of BC (diaphragm, condoms/spermacide, etc.). Every body is different.

"Old soldiers never die -- they get young soldiers killed." -- Bill Maher