View Diary: Army Psychologist Pleads 'Fifth' in Case of Prisoner 900 (250 comments)

•  don't look down your nose at people who (1+ / 0-)
    kurt

prefer something fun and lighthearted to reading about our government/military torturing people. It is distinctly unpleasant. People--kossacks--naturally feel they can't do much about it. They're largely right. They can't.

I wouldn't call it "easier" to do something fun; I'd call it time spent less fraught with nightmare potential.

God bless our tinfoil hearts.

by aitchdee on Thu Aug 14, 2008 at 08:49:26 PM PDT

•  don't tell me what to do (0+ / 0-)

I've had it up to here with the condescending fucking shit I'm taking around here where ever I fucking walk.

And the silly spin that has to accompany it.

You don't think 170,000 kossacks camping in front of The White House against torture would solve anything?

With hunger strikes?

Seriously?

You don't see me sprinkling the crap from a bull on a goddamn Baracky diary do you?

Then don't sprinkle the crap from a bull on me, over here.

Fucking bullshit.

"Only the PTA? You know what the PTA stands for? Three things I respect and fear: Parents, Teachers, and Associations." [Rob Petrie]

by eroded47095 on Thu Aug 14, 2008 at 08:57:20 PM PDT

•  I won't say another word to you about (0+ / 0-)

this or anything. Promise.

God bless our tinfoil hearts.

by aitchdee on Thu Aug 14, 2008 at 09:03:09 PM PDT

•  Plus I already made your case (0+ / 0-)

Hey, just don't start a post with "don't."

Here's me making your case, which I guess you didn't read.....

Most people will be watching "Baracky II."

Who can blame then when it's a lot easier to be involved in humor than to be involved in this American human misery suffering and death whiplashed upon innocent people by a blood-shot President who had his citizens cowering on their knees?

Just the fucking place he wanted them.

And he put us on our knees with his terror, with personal glee, again and again and again.

Now, what you should have done, if you wanted the jugular, was to go after the fact that the original Psychologist in the diary was probably, like, a West Point graduate.

Here's the evidence:

Army Psychologist Pleads 'Fifth' in Case of Prisoner 900 Hotlist
          by Meteor Blades
          Thu Aug 14, 2008 at 08:25:14 PM EDT

In a hearing Thursday to dismiss charges in the second war crimes trial at Guantánamo Bay Detention Camp in Cuba, U.S. Army Lieutenant Colonel Diane M. Zierhoffer, a licensed psychologist who had ordered the torture of a juvenile detainee, refused to testify under Section 831, Article 31 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Article 31 prohibits compulsory self-incrimination as a right under the Fifth Amendment.

I forgot the top of the article by the time I got to the bottom!

You coulda really got me there.

But instead, I got you.

Happy trails!

by eroded47095 on Thu Aug 14, 2008 at 09:11:19 PM PDT

•  doubt this! (1+ / 0-)
            kurt

probably, like, a West Point graduate

Military psychologist are usually trained in university Ph.D. programs, APA-accredited and do an internship in the military.  In exchange for higher-than usual internship pay, they sign on for a 3 year stint in the military.  They enter, at internship, a captain or equivalent rank.

Eyes on the Prize - JedReport

by juslikagrzly on Thu Aug 14, 2008 at 09:17:57 PM PDT

•  I wonder (1+ / 0-)
              juslikagrzly

I don't know.

I know the West Point people I know keep getting additional incentives and they keep taking them.

But they're not in Psychology.

by eroded47095 on Thu Aug 14, 2008 at 09:21:58 PM PDT