View Diary: The AP is so concerned, they're creating stories (130 comments)

•  Uh, what? (0+ / 0-)

Reporters are supposed to sniff out the stories you don't want told, not function as a PR staff.

This comment sounds like a timewarp.  For my entire adult life, the media has operated solely on the basis of PR and Zing instead of on actual, factual, in-depth reporting.

Maybe in the 70s, but not now, chief.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
    -Yogi Berra

by joehoevah on Mon Aug 25, 2008 at 04:06:10 PM PDT

•  Have you been asleep over the last ten years? (0+ / 0-)

I don't think the press was overly kind to Bill Clinton during the Monica days, and it sure hasn't cozied up to W.

Free speech? Yeah, I've heard of that. Have you?

by dinotrac on Mon Aug 25, 2008 at 04:18:09 PM PDT

•  No, I haven't been asleep... (0+ / 0-)

I think you're being more than a little tumid in your exaltation of our corporate press.  The mainstream media is broken, and no longer serves its purpose - if you don't accept that, then you are not really worth conversing with in the long term.

I don't have time to take you from point A to point X, I'm afraid.

-Yogi Berra

by joehoevah on Mon Aug 25, 2008 at 04:21:51 PM PDT

•  Ooh. Tumid. You must be smart. (0+ / 1-)
          Hidden by:
          joehoevah

Naah.
          Just a puffed-up twerp.

Free speech? Yeah, I've heard of that. Have you?

by dinotrac on Mon Aug 25, 2008 at 04:24:43 PM PDT

•  Limit the personal invective. (n/t) (0+ / 0-)

-Yogi Berra

by joehoevah on Mon Aug 25, 2008 at 04:43:12 PM PDT

•  Tumid is high praise? (0+ / 0-)

My response was appropriate on two levels:

1.  It was, more or less, a plain vernacular translation of tumid
              1.  Somebody who uses gratuitously inserts such a term into the conversation is clearly ripe for puncture.

Free speech? Yeah, I've heard of that. Have you?

by dinotrac on Mon Aug 25, 2008 at 05:07:12 PM PDT