View Diary: KOS member gets secret hidden agenda FOI doc on draft -- Posted on Rock the Vote Blog (145 comments)

•  A coward? (3.66)
    If you refuse to stand up to a power structure that feeds brainwashed 18 year olds into a meat grinder for lies and unsustainable use of resources, then you're a coward.
    •  Well said! (none)
      just like my momma taught me when I was a kid during the vietnam war.
    •  Well, my decision to serve would (none)
      be made under the belief (or assumption) that why I was going was valid. I just meant that I wouldn't want to support a war but be too chicken to actually serve if asked.

"I'm not saying that John Kerry has all the answers, but Bush has none, and he's cheating off of Dick Cheney's paper."-Bill Maher

by theprogressivemiddle on Sat Oct 09, 2004 at 03:47:14 PM PDT

•  A different solution (none)
        Don't support the war!

"Alduce myself to interlow... myself" -- Austin Python?

by AaronInSanDiego on Sat Oct 09, 2004 at 04:05:06 PM PDT

•  I talking about something hypothetical here. (none)

by theprogressivemiddle on Sat Oct 09, 2004 at 04:09:02 PM PDT

•  It takes more courage (none)
            to stand up to the mob than it does to join it and go along.

A lie is halfway around the world before the truth can get its shoes on -- Mark Twain

by jnagarya2 on Sat Oct 09, 2004 at 04:30:04 PM PDT

•  Are you not reading what I am saying? (none)
              I'm saying that, if I believe the war is just, I would serve. I don't think I am being very ambiguous about this.

by theprogressivemiddle on Sat Oct 09, 2004 at 04:46:56 PM PDT

•  I read what you wrote. I also know (none)
                first hand the oppression that is being eligible for the draft during war time.  All of a sudden planning a future makes no sense -- if one can even focus on that.

I am also a pacifist who opposes all war.

I got called all the names.  Today, without pride, I can say I and those like me were correct about US involvement in Viet Nam.

Look at the Swift Lying Liars for Lying: that's the sort of mob we  had to deal with.  Just as vicious, just as fowl, just as bullying.

I realize you are in the situation I and those like me were, and its confusing -- what to do.  I simply offer a line in the shifting sand, for that's the substance of the situation.

by jnagarya2 on Sun Oct 10, 2004 at 08:01:56 AM PDT

• Spam (24)
  • Congress (23)
  • Education (23)
  • Civil Rights (22)
  • Barack Obama (21)
  • Labor (21)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (21)
  • Texas (20)
  • Law (20)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site