View Diary: MD-01: Former Republican Rep. Gilchrest endorses Kratovil (D) for old seat (70 comments)

•  Yes, and even in that he showed integrity (3+ / 0-)
    duck, davybaby, Navy Vet Terp

far more than, say, the former occupant of the seat of MD-02, one Albert Wynn.

Gilchrest is a good man, I do wish we could have gotten him to switch from R to D.

Civil marriage is a civil right.

by stitchmd on Tue Sep 02, 2008 at 02:51:09 PM PDT

•  Just FTR Wynn was MD-04, not -02 (2+ / 0-)
      duck, stitchmd

which is Dutch Ruppersberger's district. (My mom is one of his constituents.)

May I bow to Necessity not/ To her hirelings (W. S. Merwin)

by Uncle Cosmo on Tue Sep 02, 2008 at 02:54:20 PM PDT

•  sorry, my bad (1+ / 0-)
        Uncle Cosmo

hit the wrong key, didn't even catch it to edit.

I apologize.

Civil marriage is a civil right.

by stitchmd on Tue Sep 02, 2008 at 02:55:45 PM PDT

•  Getting rid of Ruppersberger (0+ / 0-)

would be my next priority after flushing Hoyer down the toilet.  Only after those two useless Democratic hacks were replaced would I look to MD-06.

McKinney/Clemente 2008: Parties that sell out the Constitution don't get my support or my vote.

by simca on Wed Sep 03, 2008 at 12:48:04 AM PDT

•  Your priority is idiotic (1+ / 0-)
          BruinKid

Kindly examine the list of representatives from MD-02--& note that prior to Dutch, the seat was in Republican hands for 9 straight terms. This ain't Doc Long's district any more; Northern Baltimore County gets more populous & rich all the time & the working families that remain on the east side are nostalgic for the good old days under Reagan.

You may not like the way Ruppersberger votes all the time, but if the progressive movement wants to shoot itself in both feet, it couldn't do better than to go after him in the primary & open the door for another 18 years of Republicans. After 4 or 6 years of President Obama and Vice-President Biden that might change...but don't hold your breath.

May I bow to Necessity not/ To her hirelings (W. S. Merwin)

by Uncle Cosmo on Wed Sep 03, 2008 at 03:29:40 AM PDT

•  Wynn was a jerk to resign his seat (3+ / 0-)
      BruinKid, davybaby, stitchmd

To go to work for a lobbyist after he lost the primary to Donna Edwards.  He needlessly cost the taxpayers of Maryland tax dollars for the special election just so he could line his pockets 10 months earlier.  I'm glad Donna Edwards beat him and won the special election, but Wynn was elected (barely) to a two year term and if he had any integrity he would have served out his term.

"Great men do not commit murder. Great nations do not start wars." William Jennings Bryan

by Navy Vet Terp on Tue Sep 02, 2008 at 02:59:39 PM PDT