View Diary: Chat With Michael Moore - Monday, September 22nd at 11 PM ET (43 comments)

•  This is cracking me up. (3+ / 0-)
    sympa, SciMathGuy, jmadlc55

I guess I've become used to famous people appearing on D-Kos.

We have Keith Olbermann on a regular basis.  I've seen John Kerry here several times.  Elizabeth Edwards comes to mind and recently Paul Begala had a diary.

I think Michael is acting like an elitist by announcing his visit in advance.

Hey Michael, when did you become an elitist? ;)

I actually like Michael but this is giving me fits.

I've become spoiled by D-Kos.  Either that, or I'm losing it because I'm trying to quit smoking and today is my 1st full day without.

Droogie... I know you're in here somewhere.

by blueocean on Sun Sep 21, 2008 at 08:09:59 PM PDT

•  Have you noticed that many diary to promote (2+ / 0-)
      SarahLee, blueocean

a book or a movie?  Gee, why would they do that?  Even Kos does that, but I guess he is allowed.

"War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength", George Orwell, "1984" -7.63 -5.95

by dangoch on Sun Sep 21, 2008 at 08:20:02 PM PDT

•  Some luminaries have come and gone. (4+ / 0-)

Some pop back in periodically.
       I met Elizabeth a couple of weeks ago and thanked her for posting here.

My Karma just ran over your Dogma

by FoundingFatherDAR on Sun Sep 21, 2008 at 08:29:14 PM PDT

•  I got the impression that the (3+ / 0-)
      SarahLee, SciMathGuy, blueocean

live chat was going to be on HIS site - not here.  But you're right... "See you back here..."

BTW, it's the nicotine withdrawal, I'm thinking.

Join us in the Grieving Room on Monday evenings to discuss mourning and loss.

by Dem in the heart of Texas on Sun Sep 21, 2008 at 08:34:34 PM PDT

•  rec'd for your quitting! (2+ / 0-)
      SarahLee, blueocean

congratulations on making it through your first full day.

i hope to join you in being smoke-free soon.

best wishes for a pleasant and distracting day tomorrow (that's what i would hope for anyway)

•  (ot) i found that the first week was a bitch (2+ / 0-)
      SarahLee, blueocean

when i quit. the best thing i ever did. drink last of fluids, stay off the spicy food and try and do it only for today, not for therest of your life. good luck, blue! (maybe you can write a diary about it, as long as you don't mention your smoke quitting spa in it!) heh

"You should be ashamed! Stop blogging. Stop blogging right now!" Ivy Frye, assistant to Gov. Palin.

by jmadlc55 on Sun Sep 21, 2008 at 08:59:12 PM PDT

•  How long until I stop wanting to kill people? (3+ / 0-)
        SarahLee, SciMathGuy, jmadlc55

Earlier it wasn't too bad.  I'm getting pretty antsy now.  I fell this odd tension and I'm very irritable.

I really want to do this.  I really need to do this.

I have to be able to function through this.  I'm the single mom of a real sweetheart son.  I can't be mean and mad around him.

Droogie... I know you're in here somewhere.

by blueocean on Sun Sep 21, 2008 at 09:06:00 PM PDT

•  that never passes. twenty years later and (2+ / 0-)
          SarahLee, blueocean

i still go crazy but like a friend tells me better to be homicidal than suicidal. i remember some weird sleeping pattern readjustments and some heavy duty mood swings. but the good news is that it passes. here's an incentive: your taste buds will return and food will taste a hell of a lot better! the one thing that really helped was the idea of "only for today." another friend says we could do for 24 hours what would kill us if we had to do for ever. hang in there, it will get easier! (don't drinks last of fluids as i suggested earlier, drink lots of fluids instead!)

by jmadlc55 on Sun Sep 21, 2008 at 09:26:52 PM PDT