View Diary: This is No Joke (239 comments)

•  Moved on from outing people's real names (10+ / 0-)

to bullying 14 year old kids.

No shame at all.

I ask this again of the Kos administration, for the record, is MajorFlaw's behavior officially approved of, and, if so, why?

•  he is outing people's real names now? (4+ / 0-)
      Avila, kestrel9000, LynneK, csquared

that's it...I removed my uprating

"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!" - The Shoveler

by Pandoras Box on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 11:14:59 AM PDT

•  He did that once before (4+ / 0-)
        Avila, kestrel9000, Pager, Pandoras Box

with randgrithr.

I will state for the record.

I leave DK no later than NOv. 6, 2008 if this user is still permitted to be here.

I shall not rest until right wing conservatives are 4th party gadflies limited to offering minor corrections on legislation once or twice a year.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 01:10:41 PM PDT

•  Yes, he did. (3+ / 0-)
        Avila, Pete Rock, Pandoras Box

And he did it to more than one user, Pandoras Box. I know personally of three users he has outed, one unintentionally, two on purpose.

What's a good atheist substitute for "God bless America and Godspeed to you all"? Have a nice day and drive fast?

by Pager on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 04:10:50 PM PDT

•  You are known by the enemies you have (1+ / 0-)
          Avila

as well as the friends around here.

Outing people is a bannable offense. I have said before and I will say it again:

running people off this site is a "game" to some.

Enough said.

Question of the day, Dave from queens, "Why are there two sets of standards"?

To strive,to seek,to find, and not to yield. 1843 high school motto, Rhode Island.

by Pete Rock on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 05:12:10 PM PDT

•  Very true statement, that. (2+ / 0-)
            raboof, Avila

It's a sick game and I am sick of it.

by Pager on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 06:18:03 PM PDT

•  Nov 6 (0+ / 0-)

I have made up my mind that I want to keep my ability to post informative info and diaries in case I spot something that could be useful in helping to elect Dems.

But if Flaw is still here Nov. 6th (48 hrs after the election) then I am going to assume that his behavior in outing people's real names and viciously attacking a 14 year old and all the other things referenced speaks for DK and thus my good name will not have anything to do with the site if that is the case.

In fairness to Markos, I would have no objection if a decision on this is held off til the day after the election.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 06:22:52 PM PDT

•  The only good news about this thread (2+ / 0-)
              Avila, Pandoras Box

is I think it finally reveals once and for all, to anybody that had any doubts, what Major Flaw's real purpose for being at this site is.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 06:34:48 PM PDT

•  I don't fully know (0+ / 0-)

I just know that for whatever reason that somebody in adm. acts against those who Flaw dislikes with rapidity while ignoring Flaw's transgressions and that it sometimes takes weeks for the appeal email site to redress the situation.

Flaw has outed a person's real name on this site.  He should have been banned for it and still should be.

Now he attacks a 14 yr old in a despicable fashion.  His comment at the top of the thread combined with his refusal to simply apologize despite several urgings and opportunities to do so to me is grounds to ban him in and of itself.  (But that's not my decision.)

Your analysis is correct.  To Flaw the game is to see how many people he can get kicked off DailyKos.

To use his words, it's getting kinda old.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 06:20:35 PM PDT

•  I had heard of ONE person. (1+ / 0-)
          Pandoras Box

This is quite serious, but I cannot ask for links for obvious reasons.

Still, for all who are reading this - the administrators must surely have been aware and on top of this! "Community" moderation is crucial to the operation of this site, and ethics are paramount.

Can I get a confirmation on this from our front-pagers?

The law is slacked and judgment doth never go forth: the wicked compass about the righteous and wrong judgment proceedeth - Habakkuk 1:4

by vox humana on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 11:00:50 PM PDT

•  MajorFlaw manipulates community moderation (0+ / 0-)

about 25 different times he has had a comment in troll alley only to email or alert his personal upraters.

They include 3 you've seen in this thread

musing85
            trashablanca
            bottles

There are about 7 primary others.  If any of them show up here I'll post them too.  He lost braveheartdc a couple of months ago.  Majorflaw owns Braveheartdc, the most vile, obnoxious, and disruptive and clear cut right winger ever to be here.

by davefromqueens on Mon Oct 06, 2008 at 04:38:30 AM PDT

•  god, why on earth then is he still here??? (1+ / 0-)
          Pager

honestly, i had no idea - until this thread - that he had turned into such a collossal jerk!

by Pandoras Box on Mon Oct 06, 2008 at 04:03:43 AM PDT

•  I can't answer that. (0+ / 0-)

I wish I could.

by Pager on Mon Oct 06, 2008 at 06:50:03 AM PDT

•  I can promise this (0+ / 0-)

and yes the word is promise

If MajorFlaw (and possibly his upraters) are allowed to remain at this site after this display, in conjunction with  his other behavior, including outing people's real names, then Dailykos goes the way of mydd

And I have the ability and connections to make that happen.

by davefromqueens on Mon Oct 06, 2008 at 07:09:54 AM PDT