View Diary: Boycott Sinclair UPDATE: You can put F9/11 on cable TV for free (169 comments)

•  If Harris Teeter (4.00)
    doesnt stop advertising with them, Ive got 6 people ready to mail their VIC cards in to their headquarters. That alone represents alot of spending power, and they can look right at their computers and SEE how much business we will take to Food Lion, etc.

And I havent even started to talk to people outside of my immediate circle. I think this should throw things in their face pretty effectively.

"Hypocrisies shine like cat turds in the moonlight!" - Garrison Keillor

by RNinNC on Thu Oct 21, 2004 at 01:48:18 PM PDT

•  markinnc (none)
      you can make this 7.  A new Kroger has opened up near us and I would be more than happy to take our $600 a month of grocery business there

I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take this anymore!

by MarkinNC on Thu Oct 21, 2004 at 03:01:58 PM PDT

•  Great to Hear! (none)
        Im certain youve let them know as well! They even have a convenient place to enter the soon-to-be cancelled VIC card number.

"Hypocrisies shine like cat turds in the moonlight!" - Garrison Keillor

by RNinNC on Thu Oct 21, 2004 at 06:27:47 PM PDT

•  I'll do it too (none)
      If Harris Teeter wants to support this crap, they'll do it without my money.
    •  This will be more effective (none)
      if harris-teeter can see these messages on this board. do you have an email so you can send them a LINK?

President Kerry President Kerry President Kerry

by wunderwood on Thu Oct 21, 2004 at 04:05:53 PM PDT

•  Don't see Harris Teeter on the list yet (none)
      If they're advertising, you might want to add them to the list at

•  Ive Sent it to Them Twice (none)
        Havent seen any response yet. Not sure what the deal is, but Im retaping the news on Sinclair tonight so I can fast-forward and copy the advertisers again. Maybe they need the list reinforced?

"Hypocrisies shine like cat turds in the moonlight!" - Garrison Keillor

by RNinNC on Thu Oct 21, 2004 at 06:29:45 PM PDT

•  I'm in..... (none)
      But, damn I have loved the Harris Teeter.......

Card-carrying member, RBC [Reality-Based Community]

by warhistorian on Thu Oct 21, 2004 at 05:32:46 PM PDT

•  Abandoning Harris Teeter for Food Lion? (none)
      Oh, man. I used to live in North Carolina, and I really feel for you.

Food Lion, though, has its own problems - the produce is as dirty and contaminated as the stores. Are you sure you have no alternative?

CTHULHU ENDORSES KERRY
      "Bush too evil even for me", Great Old One says

by Jon Meltzer on Fri Oct 22, 2004 at 05:15:28 AM PDT

•  There's a Winn-Dixie (none)
        but that name has always turned my stomach. And it's 4 inconvenient miles of congested driving away. I can walk to Food Lion and they HAVE cleaned up since all that "Spoiled Meat" fiasco in the early 90's (at the very store I shopped at at that point - Carrboro).

For special occasions there's always Whole Foods (pricey, pretentious). Let's just hope we get Harris Teeter to bend here.

"Hypocrisies shine like cat turds in the moonlight!" - Garrison Keillor

by RNinNC on Fri Oct 22, 2004 at 06:44:21 AM PDT

•  I used to live in Durham (none)
          so I know what you're talking about.

Winn-Dixie is as dirty as Food Lion. I would occasionally go to Krogers, but, if they're on the list too, I guess Whole Foods is all that's left ...

CTHULHU ENDORSES KERRY