View Diary: Morning "Joe" Reaction: Camp McCain's "Incontinence" (283 comments)

•  FL, OH, NC, MO and NV ? (5+ / 0-)
    peraspera, aarrgghh, duha, Patch Adam, BrighidG

Well, in the worst case scenario I see NC and MO going red.  But I think that FL, OH and NV go blue.  Best case all are blue.  With Bill and Hillary on board now I feel a lot better about OH, PA and FL.  Still tighter than the polls but wins for us.

"The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving." Oliver Wendell Holmes

by AvoMonster on Sun Oct 26, 2008 at 02:48:47 AM PDT

•  This here Tarhell is telling you ... (7+ / 0-)

... that NC will. be. blue!

"When reality bites, bite back!" ~ The Werewolf Prophet, resident louped guru of Prophecy Street.

by The Werewolf Prophet on Sun Oct 26, 2008 at 03:56:17 AM PDT

•  I will be jumping up and down if that happens, (2+ / 0-)
        barbwires, Patch Adam

I'm just concerned that the western end of the state pulls everyone else down.  I would think that the "fruit fly" comments from Palin yesterday will raise some eyebrows in the Research Triangle.  But, I'm guessing those areas were already leaning hard to Obama anyway.

by AvoMonster on Sun Oct 26, 2008 at 10:13:50 AM PDT

•  I've felt better about OH (4+ / 0-)
      DMiller, prose, Patch Adam, AvoMonster

since the Dems took back control of the state in 2006; without the GOP pulling the strings behind the scenes, we've got a shot at a fair election (and a fair election in 2004 could have given the state and the Presidency to Kerry).

FL is still too close to call in my book, but the reports of the older Jewish voters heading for Obama because of Palin are encouraging.

NC and MO could still go red -- but there's no way NV is going to back McCain after this statements about nuclear waste storage; Yucca Mountain is a big deal there. (And the casino owners might figure that he'll have more time to spend at the craps tables if McCain loses the election.)

My marriage doesn't need protecting, thank you very much.

by Cali Scribe on Sun Oct 26, 2008 at 07:56:51 AM PDT

•  Yes, you have a good point about Yucca Mtn, (2+ / 0-)
        Creosote, Patch Adam

but one thing I forgot about NV is the hispanic vote.  While not a monolithic bloc, the fact that the trend nationally is that they split 2:1 for Obama is a good sign.  It could be even better than that in NV.

And, maybe the word is out to the casino employees that they need to keep JSM out of the WH in order to keep him in the casino so they will have jobs.  I like your take on that strategy.

by AvoMonster on Sun Oct 26, 2008 at 10:11:01 AM PDT

•  NV is looking good (1+ / 0-)
      Patch Adam

EV numbers are leaning heavily towards Dems, however the 2.5:1 margin last weekend has slipped to about 1.75:1 this weekend. Still we build the lead more and more every day. In Las Vegas/Clark County, we were at +44K yesterday and +50K today.

We'll see, we're looking at the possibility of 33% of the NV electorate voting early.

There is a war going on for your mind / If you are thinking you are winning / Your fate and that of everyone you know depends on it (-2.88, -2.82)

by anth on Sun Oct 26, 2008 at 10:55:02 AM PDT