View Diary: Here is what you won't see happen to Bobby Jindal (68 comments)

•  More importantly, he's a snake handler! n/t (8+ / 0-)

The difficult I'll do right now. The impossible will take a little longer. - ? (Billie Holiday lyric & WWII Army Corp Engineers motto, per Paul Rogat Loeb

by Words In Action on Tue Nov 25, 2008 at 07:44:33 PM PST

•  The Exorcist.. (6+ / 0-)

More importantly, he's a snake handler! n/t

..and an "exorcist"...

•  Snake-handling and exorcism? Yippee! (3+ / 0-)
        PinHole, StuHunter, Words In Action

I knew he performed an exorcism and claimed to cure a woman of cancer. I didn’t know that he also handled snakes. Hahahaha!!! 2012 is going to be the best election ever.

I know 2008 will be hard to beat, but putting Obama up against Sarah and the snake-handler...that could do it.

Is error, though unwittingly supported by a host of good men, stronger than the truth? Are right and wrong convertible terms, dependant upon popular opinion?

by AuroraDawn on Tue Nov 25, 2008 at 07:55:28 PM PST

•  Hope he and Palin run together! (10+ / 0-)

Snakes and exocricisms and witchcraft, oh my!

by Words In Action on Tue Nov 25, 2008 at 07:58:01 PM PST

•  Witchcraft is sane. (3+ / 0-)
            claret63, AuroraDawn, indigoblueskies

Well, Wicca is.  Creepy witchdoctors wanting to do random bad things to people they call witches that I fortunately can't remember all the details of because they, umm, want to be famous, is not.

"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false, about hope."

by DrJeremy on Tue Nov 25, 2008 at 08:43:08 PM PST

•  I wasn't thinking about Muthee's (1+ / 0-)
              AuroraDawn

crusade against that lady in his village in Africa, and the witchcraft he cast from Sarah Palin.

by Words In Action on Tue Nov 25, 2008 at 08:48:34 PM PST

•  Thanks... (2+ / 0-)
              DrJeremy, AuroraDawn

As a Wiccan I wish they would not call those charlitans Witchdoctors, I know Witches that are Doctors...and hurting people useing their own beliefs for your gain is evil. I guess though its easier to place the blame on others then to own your own failings and humanity.

I have a personal belief that there are those who are frightened of their own humaness. Wiccans relish it.

"I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge, that dreams are more powerful than facts, That hope always triumphs over experience."

by terra gazelle on Tue Nov 25, 2008 at 09:16:05 PM PST

•  No reasonable person could equate Wicca... (0+ / 0-)

with Jindal and Muthee’s activities. I don’t pretend to be an expert, but my understanding of Wicca is that it centers on the notion of being at one with nature, with the world around you as a whole. Simply put – Wiccans embrace life. Individuals like Jindal and Muthee are filled with fear. They shun that which they cannot comprehend.

Muthee wasn’t a witch or a witch doctor. He was a would-be witch hunter. Just like those sad little souls in Salem, MA, back in 1692.

by AuroraDawn on Wed Nov 26, 2008 at 01:01:37 AM PST

•  Bobby jindal (8+ / 0-)

I would rather he be Hindu...those Born Again Converted Christians are scary.
          One of the first things he did on being Govenor was sign a law where Creationism was taught in the public schools. He failed to sign a ban on workplace discrimination against Gays, he is against any kind of abortion but women can use contreception if raped, he is against embryonic stem cell research.
          Jindal voted yes on making the Patriot Act permanent, voted in favor of the 2006 Military Commissions Act, supported a constitutional amendment banning flag burning, and voted for the Real ID Act of 2005.
          On June 25, 2008, Jindal signed the "Sex Offender Chemical Castration Bill", authorizing the chemical castration of those convicted of certain sex offenses.

This cretin is my govenor...I would not allow him to care for my dog. I would rather an honest crook like Edwin Edwards then a bigoted, sacrimonious zealot like Bobby Jindal.

by terra gazelle on Tue Nov 25, 2008 at 08:45:49 PM PST

•  I apologize if my post seemed... (0+ / 0-)

to belittle the real harm this man has done in to your state. I recognize that his legislative record is no laughing matter. However, I look at a possible Jindal run in 2012 as a good thing for one simple reason – I want the public to know what a deranged, narrow-minded fool, this man truly is. I want them to understand that he isn’t just some nice Christian boy from Louisiana. Jindal’s a nut, and the Republicans beloved Mr. and Mrs. "Joe Six-Pack" need to know that.

Often the news refuses to focus on issues like those you have listed. They should, but they don’t. They would focus on nonsense like snake-handling and exorcisms, though. If his claim that he cured a woman’s cancer with an exorcism ever made it on the main stream news, any hope this man has of reaching the executive branch would quickly disintegrate. And given his horrendous record, that’s precisely what I want. I think it is important to expose charlatans like Palin and Jindal before they can build much of a national following. I don’t ever want another "folksy" President.

by AuroraDawn on Wed Nov 26, 2008 at 01:12:54 AM PST

•  Yeah, I'm going with exorcism (1+ / 0-)
        get the red out

as the thing that is going to be a problem.

by DrJeremy on Tue Nov 25, 2008 at 08:41:57 PM PST