View Diary: [Updated] GIVE HIM A CHANCE!!! President Obama of USA = President Obama of Harvard Law Review! (241 comments)

•  and thnx for not calling him a centrist (5+ / 0-)

as does every media pundit, when they're not saying he'center-right. He's a liberal-not a Kucinich liberal, but still a liberal. Not to be confused with his organizational style.

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.- BHO

by valadon on Wed Nov 26, 2008 at 06:52:02 AM PST

•  I have never seen him as a centrist. (12+ / 0-)

To me he is a liberal progressive.

Since I am so far left of center, that I barely fit as a "Democrat" I suppose that I should probably be one of the people screaming the loudest.

The reason I'm not, is because I was very aware, that I was not voting for the second coming of Fred Hampton. ;)

I just happened to think he was the best possible person we could manage to get elected in this country at this point in time.

I've become pragmatic in my old age :)

Anthropologists for human diversity; opposing racism, sexism,homophobism,ageism and ethnocentrism.

by Denise Oliver Velez on Wed Nov 26, 2008 at 07:01:04 AM PST

•  ditto here (3+ / 0-)
        highacidity, hopesprings, Deoliver47

he grew on me and continues to move upwards in my estimation.

Perhaps the main problem around here is that people cannot adjust to having a leader who is smarter than themselves whereas it gives me a wonderful sense of relief.

I know what I want done and it is a virtual upending of everything.

If he is able to accomplish 10% of that, I'll probably be ecstatic.

However, now that we have this neo-depression staring us in the face, I am wanting much, much more.

We should be spending our time demanding pointed policies and legislation, not worrying about his personnel picks.  It is counterproductive.

"When Obama speaks, Angels orgasm" Jon Stewart, 2008

by fernan47 on Wed Nov 26, 2008 at 07:22:20 AM PST

•  amen to pragmatism (3+ / 0-)
        highacidity, hopesprings, Deoliver47

better to be a pragmatist with my guy in charge than an idealist on the outside looking in

Politics is like driving. To go backward, put it in R. To go forward, put it in D.
        We inaugurate President Barack Obama in 55 days!

by TrueBlueMajority on Wed Nov 26, 2008 at 08:11:02 AM PST

•  Amen times 3! (1+ / 0-)
        Deoliver47

Far "left" of "center" (God, I have to quote those nebulous terms, but you know what I mean) as well...

I hate getting yelled at about compromising on this or that issue because my entire politics are a compromise (anyone else calling for a defense budget of $50 billion?).

I am 100% willing to let Obama decide the political limits of what is possible. I know deep down he wants to do the right thing whenever possible; it's just a matter of taking a nation shaking off 30 years of toxicity along with him.

Truth is what most contradicts itself in time.

by Blicero on Wed Nov 26, 2008 at 09:12:54 AM PST

•  You've made my point from another thread (0+ / 0-)

beautifully...we must be enigmas, because I am also well to the left, and an idealist, and feel exactly as you and True blue majority..who says he's a pragmatist..

awareness is key!

don't believe the hype of the false divide, I think the unrest has more to do with impatience and doubt, than any true ideological divide.

by valadon on Thu Nov 27, 2008 at 02:09:03 PM PST

• Law (25)
  • Science (25)
  • Congress (24)
  • Barack Obama (23)
  • Labor (20)
  • Economy (19)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (18)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site