View Diary: Burning a Source: A Cautionary Tale for Potential Whistleblowers (220 comments)

•  I think the original comment is nothing (10+ / 0-)

but an attack.

I had originally HR'ed his second comment, but I removed that since he's giving reasoning.  But at root, no I don't think a shot about "self-pimping" adds anything to the discussion - particularly as regards the topic of the diary.

If the commenter wishes to write a meta-diary about self-pimping rather than hijacking this diary, I wouldn't object to that in the least, so long as it is a true meta-diary and not an attack on some individual.

"I agree with you, I want to do it, now make me do it." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

by jrooth on Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 10:22:57 AM PST

•  I just see it as snarky (2+ / 0-)
      dj angst, Catesby

people are rewarded for sarcasm enough that it often becomes the default method of communication here.

I just think the diarist and others have written things of value which add to the discussion.  I believe that if a comment results in quality discussion and interesting thinking, then the comment has ended up adding value and should not be hidden.

I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.

by crazyshirley2100 on Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 10:43:37 AM PST

•  Not snark (2+ / 0-)
        lotlizard, csquared

The commenter's post here makes that quite clear.

"I agree with you, I want to do it, now make me do it." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

by jrooth on Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 11:05:22 AM PST

•  You have shown yourself to be an utter idiot (0+ / 0-)

You need to inform yourself about this diarist and the complete situation.

You really stepped in it this time with your stupid game playing.  I see your equally stupid buddy George playing along with you here.

You two couldn't have chosen a more unwise candidate for your assinine gameplaying.

Jeralyn doesn't deserve any of the BS coming her way by the ignorant ass you have chosen to defend.

PaintyKat

WWYTR? Voting, contributing, supporting, and electing Democrats

by PaintyKat on Wed Dec 17, 2008 at 08:27:43 AM PST

•  I was not trying to play a game (2+ / 0-)
          George Gould, Alec82

Little late to the game, aren't you?  I read and rec'ed the diary.  I was never a part of attacking the diarist.  I was only thinking that the thread did not need to be hidden as there was much goodness there, but what the heck.

But you go ahead and make your very personal attacks.  I did not do this and have not done this.

I see no reason to hide this discussion.  It is interesting, and does the diarist no harm.

I felt the diarist and others responded very well and added much good information to the subject.

I don't know what you are thinking here, but it is not on target.  Sorry if you misunderstood.  You would only think I would be intentionally ugly towards this diarist and the very serious subject matter if you have no handle on who I am at all.

by crazyshirley2100 on Wed Dec 17, 2008 at 09:43:15 AM PST

•  Not content with berating Shirley for... (1+ / 0-)
          Alec82

something she said 28 hours before, now you're going after her for something she said 46 hours before.

ROTFLMAO. You are a hoot!  I'd almost be willing to pay to play on this site just to witness your bizarre antics.  I love slapstick.

•  I also disagree with hiding (1+ / 0-)
      dj angst

simply to punish, by the way.  This is a personal opinion which I do not expect everyone to hold.

Unless the comment is so bad that no one should see it, I believe the generic FAQ goes something like that.

by crazyshirley2100 on Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 10:46:06 AM PST

•  I'm not doing it to punish (6+ / 0-)

I'm doing it to remove from view a comment which doesn't belong here.

As I said elsewhere, if the commenter wishes to write a meta-diary about self-pimpage that's fine (so long as it is not a personal attack in disguise) but this attack merely serve to hijack the discussion in this diary.

"I agree with you, I want to do it, now make me do it." - Franklin D. Roosevelt