View Diary: Moving Forward? Here Are The Rules. (84 comments)

•  I never said they were "criminals" (1+ / 0-)
    Edger

you did.

The Constitutional role and powers of the Executive is in question here and yes that should be answered, but the Dems still don't have the stomach for a Constitutional showdown, which is what will end up happening.

So, here's the deal.. let's start down the road of prosecuting Bush admin officials, which will end up in the Supreme Court where Bush and Co. will likely win.

Or.. get busy fixing this country.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - G. Marx

by Skeptical Bastard on Tue Jan 13, 2009 at 02:02:24 PM PST

•  Yes or no? (1+ / 0-)
      Nightprowlkitty

Pick one. You're killing yourself here.

•  Prosecuting who? (0+ / 0-)

Exactly who and what charges?  Bush? Cheney?  absolutely not.. that would be silly.

by Skeptical Bastard on Tue Jan 13, 2009 at 02:13:46 PM PST

•  Read the petition. (1+ / 0-)
          Edger

It spells out exactly what we are trying to do.

If you haven't read the petition, then what exactly are you arguing about?

•  He is arguing for power (1+ / 0-)
            Nightprowlkitty

rather than law and justice. He is arguing for letting war criminals continue to hold high office. He is arguing for condition law that applies only to those without the power and wealth to avoid and escape accountability.

•  It says "any and all" (0+ / 0-)

I would like to know who "these people" are and what the charges are before I have to answer a "yes or no" question, thank you.

by Skeptical Bastard on Tue Jan 13, 2009 at 02:39:55 PM PST

•  My question ... (1+ / 0-)
              Edger

... was whether you read the petition.

You have still not answered my question.

Nor anyone else's questions here on this thread.  You change the subject, you don't respond.

Good luck to you.

•  Duh.. the petition says "any and all" (0+ / 0-)

of course I read it.

It's stupid.  any and all?  Is that an open invitation for kangaroo courts?  Is it open season on any and all members of the bush admin?  Any ole charges will do?

by Skeptical Bastard on Tue Jan 13, 2009 at 06:23:36 PM PST

•  Duh.. the petition says (0+ / 0-)

We the undersigned citizens of the United States hereby formally petition you to appoint a Special Prosecutor to investigate and prosecute any and all government officials who have participated in War Crimes.

...prosecute any and all government officials who have participated in War Crimes... after an  investigation to determine who there is sufficient evidence to prosecute.

But you don't want an investigation.

You're afraid of what, exactly? You wish to see which criminals, exactly, get away with torture and war criminals?

Oh, I'm sorry - you've already answered those questions above, when you said:

Bush? Cheney?  absolutely not.. that would be silly.

So I will reiterate my own question to you: You support prosecuting these people? Or you support letting these people off the hook? Pick one. You're killing yourself here.

•  Is this too hard for you? (0+ / 0-)

Who?  "These people?"  No.  I do not support starting a witch hunt.

If you can name specific names and their crimes I will tell you if I support it.  I already told you Bush and Cheney are a "no".

Who do you want to prosecute?  Is that a hard question?  If so, maybe you want to re-think your position, my friend.

by Skeptical Bastard on Wed Jan 14, 2009 at 01:54:39 AM PST

•  No one is looking for your approval of a list (0+ / 0-)

In case you hadn't noticed.

Thanks for drooping in.

•  Well, yes you were.. (0+ / 1-)
                        Hidden by:
                        Edger

You asked me if I was for or against prosecuting "these people".

The fucking idiot you are, you cannot even name one person's name and specific "crime" they might be charged with.

So, you want Holder to do what?  Go shaking bushes looking for the torturers?

Holder's going to look at that pitiful piece of crap and the 13 thousand signatures and say "wtf?  move along here.."

by Skeptical Bastard on Wed Jan 14, 2009 at 07:58:41 AM PST

•  wooohooo! (0+ / 0-)

by Skeptical Bastard on Wed Jan 14, 2009 at 01:39:49 PM PST

•  Well... I feel bad for you (0+ / 0-)

and you'll need the donut to help keep your strength up. You're not a very good troll, and it might be best if you go back to whomever sent you and tell them they need to send someone more competent, because you aren't going to be able to keep up with the flood of diaries you'll see coming at you from every direction on this shortly. Antidepressants may be worth considering also.

Oh, and btw, you really should pay attention to the news today.

Like I said, it's been a slice. Enjoy.

;-)

•  The news? (0+ / 0-)

Oh you mean the news that says Obama will likely keep many of Bush's policies in place now that he's in power?  And the news that opines that Dem leadership will be unlikely to now strip the Executive branch of the powers Bush has been pushing for, now that a Dem is in power?

wtf news are you listening to, buddy?  Links?

If you are talking about the lame story of Susan J. Crawford, she never said torture was authorized.. but the "implementation" or administration amounted to "torture".  And, if that is so, the person who overstepped the bounds should be punished.

by Skeptical Bastard on Wed Jan 14, 2009 at 07:19:04 PM PST

•  As I said above... (1+ / 0-)
          Nightprowlkitty

How are the knees?

After eight years they must be sore.