View Diary: 2009-2010 ELECTIONS: CA-Gov. J Brown (D-1938) will run, and seems the strongest. (updated) (18 comments)

•  I lived through Brown's governorship, but (3+ / 0-)

he fell off my radar since.  I suppose my question is, has he grown up yet?  (Just a little snark.)  My first choice would be George Miller.  My last would be my own rep, Tauscher.

Bush did inherit the 9/11 attacks ... from Dick Cheney

by tovan on Sat Feb 07, 2009 at 12:30:37 AM PST

•  Well Your Attorney General If I Am Not Mistaken (4+ / 0-)
      DaleA, furi kuri, tovan, andydoubtless

I like to think of Brown as a liberal before being liberal was "cool."

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

by webranding on Sat Feb 07, 2009 at 12:33:41 AM PST

•  He's the one who MADE liberal "cool." (4+ / 0-)
        DaleA, tovan, webranding, Fonsia

LINDA RONSTADT, for God's sakes! :)

"It's like we weren't made for this world, But I wouldn't really want to meet someone who was." --Of Montreal

by andydoubtless on Sat Feb 07, 2009 at 12:36:35 AM PST

•  Sure, but that doesn't signify. (0+ / 0-)

We also elected Ronnie and Arnie, whose adulthood was/is open to question.  I have to say that California seems to have a penchant for colorful governors, so perhaps Brown will have a chance for another go around.  I still like Miller, although I suspect he'd be perceived as too liberal.

Bush did inherit the 9/11 attacks ... from Dick Cheney

by tovan on Sat Feb 07, 2009 at 12:52:15 AM PST

•  What Gives With Ronnie and Arnold? (1+ / 0-)
          tovan

I mean how does that work? I'll have to go and do my homework on Miller.

by webranding on Sat Feb 07, 2009 at 12:57:53 AM PST

•  They both looked good in swimsuits and (1+ / 0-)
            webranding

promised to lower taxes.  There is an idol-worshiping, Disney brainwashed dolt factor in Southern California and a power bloc of uber-conservative ranchers in the central valley.

Bush did inherit the 9/11 attacks ... from Dick Cheney