View Diary: New Horizons (213 comments)

•  That's true (0+ / 0-)

but at the same time saying "Do you know who you're talking to" isn't an argument either.  Believe me, I don't normally care to defend brenda, who is rather strident in her opinions, well-formed (like these) or not.

Your political compass Economic Left/Right: -6.50 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.67

by bythesea on Sun Mar 01, 2009 at 10:14:02 AM PST

•  No but (0+ / 0-)

I would think for someone who had read DarkSyde's interview, the answer to the question of who s/he's talking to would be obvious.

-3.88, -6.36
      Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who - This is supposed to be a happy occasion!

by AaronInSanDiego on Sun Mar 01, 2009 at 10:39:57 AM PST

•  True (0+ / 0-)

but it is easy to not pay attention to commenters' handles.  I've had conversations in the comments before and not realized I was talking to the actual diarist at first.  Plus this is brenda.

by bythesea on Sun Mar 01, 2009 at 10:56:15 AM PST

•  bythesea (2+ / 0-)
          nathguy, bythesea

I am trying you know, I'm trying real hard to change. Really really trying.

The problem is I like good tough debates, but then people get upset, then I get upset, and the next thing I know I've gone and pushed the nuclear button. Sorry about that. I'll try harder.

There is a great deal of pain in life and perhaps the only pain that can be avoided is the pain that comes from trying to avoid pain. - R.D. Laing

by brenda on Sun Mar 01, 2009 at 05:39:42 PM PST

•  Wow I can really appreciate that. (0+ / 0-)

It all depends on context too.  Many things that would be normal in face to face conversation can come across differently in written comments.  Many times I've thought I was coming across as in friendly disagreement, or in some cases being funny, while it was taken that I was being a complete asshole.  It
            can be easy to forget that words can come across differently when people can't see your face and hear your tone of voice.

by bythesea on Sun Mar 01, 2009 at 08:31:22 PM PST

•  it's just the internet (0+ / 0-)

it's all electrons.

remeber that

George Bush is Living proof of the axiom "Never send a boy to do a man's job" E -2.25 S -4.10

by nathguy on Mon Mar 02, 2009 at 05:02:07 PM PST