Skip to main content

View Diary: Disappointed by Today's Appeals Court Ruling (176 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  Next step is, I believe (3+ / 0-)
    Recommended by:
    JesseCW, deedogg, IngeniousGirl

    a writ of habeas corpus before circuit Judge Fuller, the same judge whose conduct has been questioned, to put it mildly.

    We are all droogie6655321

    by Buckeye BattleCry on Fri Mar 06, 2009 at 02:08:17 PM PST

    [ Parent ]

    •  Ok, conflicting information out there (6+ / 0-)

      That's what I get for assuming commenters are correct.  On TPM, commenter says this, FWIW--

      This was the appeal. He now has three options only - petition this panel of the Eleventh Circuit for reconsideration (absolutely no chance of success and a waste of time, plus he doesn't meet the legal standard for reconsideration), petition the Eleventh Circuit to hear the matter en banc (that is, have all the judges on the Eleventh Circuiy hear the case. Chances of them deciding to hear the matter en banc I would put at no better than 10% since they only do this in cases where there are overriding legal issues at stake and the only significant issue here is whether evidence of a quid pro quid arrangement can be inferred from the evidence or whether there has to be evidence of an explicit deal), and petitioning the US Supreme Court to hear the case (chance of the SCOTUS accepting the case, 10% at best; chance of them reversing the decision, 20% at best).

      We are all droogie6655321

      by Buckeye BattleCry on Fri Mar 06, 2009 at 02:26:20 PM PST

      [ Parent ]

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site