View Diary: The Shut The F**k Up Tour (180 comments)

•  Have you heard this on Nancy Griffith's album (5+ / 0-)

Other Voices Other Rooms?  Duet, I think with John Prine, maybe Guy Clark.  Anyway, it's my favorite version by far.  Wish I could post it here.  That's a great album full of brilliant written songs.

I sometimes wonder what strange planet spawned our media -stranded wind

by geomoo on Thu Mar 26, 2009 at 08:26:20 PM PDT

•  One of my projects for tomorrow (3+ / 0-)
      geomoo, Stranded Wind, soms

is to find that CD.
      Thanks!

"If wishes were horses, glue would be cheaper." Rose W.

by ruleoflaw on Thu Mar 26, 2009 at 08:57:45 PM PDT

•  Ooh. Vicarious thrill. (1+ / 0-)
        ruleoflaw

Let me know how you like it.

I sometimes wonder what strange planet spawned our media -stranded wind

by geomoo on Thu Mar 26, 2009 at 10:28:58 PM PDT

•  I went to the public library today. (1+ / 0-)
          Stranded Wind

I checked out Other Voices, Other Rooms
          by Nanci Griffith.  John Prine is on the CD but Guy Clark sings on 'Do Re Mi'.  Good CD, thanks for recommending it.

Let me recommend one back atcha':
          Two Men With The Blues by Willie Nelson and Wynton Marsalis.
          Track #8, 'My Bucket's Got a Hole In It.' is worth buying the CD.

"If wishes were horses, glue would be cheaper." Rose W.

by ruleoflaw on Fri Mar 27, 2009 at 11:41:16 AM PDT

•  Thanks a lot. I'll get it. n/t (2+ / 0-)
            ruleoflaw, Stranded Wind

Wall Street is NOT "the economy." -Giles Goat Boy

by geomoo on Fri Mar 27, 2009 at 12:33:35 PM PDT

•  I hope you enjoyed that rousing rendition (2+ / 0-)
            ruleoflaw, Stranded Wind

I read Willie's biography last year--I was surprised with the respect his music earns him.  Miles Davis was into Willie, of all things.  It seems he creates his own rhythm and is very hard to play behind for that reason.  Since then, I've been wanting a satisfying record of his--been dissatisfied with the couple I've bought.  I really appreciate this rec.

Wall Street is NOT "the economy." -Giles Goat Boy