View Diary: Daily Kos World of Warcraft Guild: Name and Tabard (184 comments)

•  Tabard photo (2+ / 0-)
    Moody Loner, Debbie in ME

This is my choice:

Photobucket

Anyway. Moody, you ARE posting a new diary pointing to this one for the poll, right? Your concern about people missing the vote was valid, although now I'm concerned others are expecting a vote today and seeing no diary.

Obama's campaign just transformed from "Yes, we can" to "You're fuckin'-A right we did!"

by Eddie in ME on Sat Apr 04, 2009 at 01:11:46 PM PDT

•  I was just (2+ / 0-)
      Eddie in ME, Debbie in ME

sending links to this one - as I was out all day and couldn't post another diary.

Some men see things as they are and ask why. I see things that never were and ask for initiative rolls.

by Moody Loner on Sat Apr 04, 2009 at 09:10:47 PM PDT

•  trying to create trial account (2+ / 0-)
        Moody Loner, Debbie in ME

well, the account creating went smashingly well, actually.

The game install, however, is another story. I got the trial installer just fine, but actually installing the game calls up a splash screen, and then just hangs. I had to download the full client. That sucka is STILL downloading...

I'm bipartisan. I'll hug your elephant if you'll kiss my ass.

by Turbonerd on Mon Apr 06, 2009 at 05:44:41 PM PDT

•  That's going to be a while. (2+ / 0-)
          Debbie in ME, Turbonerd

I hear, however, that installing from discs and patching is nearly as horrible.

by Moody Loner on Mon Apr 06, 2009 at 06:10:26 PM PDT

•  asdf (2+ / 0-)
            Moody Loner, Debbie in ME

yah, about 4.6GB on the initial download, then som unknown hundreds meg more in patches. It was still downloading when I went to bed, but this morning the launch screen was waiting for me. Yay!

I'm bipartisan. I'll hug your elephant if you'll kiss my ass.

by Turbonerd on Tue Apr 07, 2009 at 06:09:29 AM PDT

•  yay! (0+ / 0-)

Up to level 15, Tauren Warrior. I guess I'm hooked :-)

How concerned should I be about mastering "builds?" I don't want the game to completely take over my life. (Although today I did get a line on possibly writing strategy guides for MMOs, WoW included. In which case, all bets are off!)

btw, IG name is Cluga.

I'm bipartisan. I'll hug your elephant if you'll kiss my ass.

by Turbonerd on Tue Apr 14, 2009 at 06:29:14 PM PDT