View Diary: BREAKING: Chair of New York Fed Resigns (109 comments)

•  Do you have a substantive comment to make here? (4+ / 0-)

The obvious conflict of interest here is utterly nauseating.

Some men see things as they are and ask why. I see things that never were and ask why not?

by RFK Lives on Thu May 07, 2009 at 04:51:25 PM PDT

•  Absolutely not (3+ / 0-)
      koNko, skohayes, FistJab

I just mess with people sometimes. It either pisses you off more or you chuckle. I'm chuckling, how about you? You think everyone who is commenting about this resignation knows everything they're writing about? I sure don't. I don't know this fed guy personally, don't know if he's a good father, a sex fiend or dresses up in ladies underwear. That's why I'm messing with someone who hates this dude to the max.

Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others.

by tazz on Thu May 07, 2009 at 05:00:13 PM PDT

•  first, I could care less about his personal (15+ / 0-)

issues.  I couldn't give a fine fuck.  What I do give a fine fuck about is his abuse of the public trust.  Did you follow the link and read it?  People like this are pure fucking parasites that are literally destroying society at the foundations.  People are moving into fucking tent cities already, goddammit.  What will you have to say about this fuck-meat when you discover yourself and your family without potable water in a Soviet-style collapse?  This crisis is a long way from over.  Half the banks are already dead, and we still have to work through a another massive wave of foresclosures and commercial real estate writedowns all because of the corruption of pricks like Friedman.

We don't have time for short-term thinking.

by Compound F on Thu May 07, 2009 at 05:12:46 PM PDT

•  touche', fight the good fight (2+ / 0-)
          FarWestGirl, FistJab

Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others.

by tazz on Thu May 07, 2009 at 05:22:33 PM PDT

•  As usual, Ilargi says it best: (31+ / 0-)

Ilargi: Message to the board at Friedman, Billings, Ramsey: you guys may want to take a serious second and third look at your analyst Paul Miller. Boy, was he off. The banks didn't need $150 billion, as he claimed. Turns out, after the results of Tim Geithner's thorough and transparent stress tests were announced, that Miller missed the boat by $75.4 billion. And you Goldman boys should take a look at your experts as well: only yesterday did they claim US banks would need $130 billion. Sure, they didn't specify if they meant the 19 biggest, but still, those are mistakes that must hurt.

One more employer who needs to check an one of his employees is Barack Obama. You see, Mr. President, Steve Friedman resigned today as Chairman of the New York Fed. He did so because the Wall Street Journal recently found out that he made millions on illegal purchases of Goldman stock, behind the veil of a waiver bestowed on him by then New York Fed President Tim Geithner. If you would like to find out exactly how illegal all this was, just ask Friedman why he resigned. And once you have the answer, tell Geithner to publicly explain his role in Friedman's millions.

Oh, and while you're busy providing the transparency we can believe in, make sure to give Andrew Cuomo a call and demand he starts an investigation and, if he finds any wrongdoing, prosecute Friedman to make sure he's held accountable to the full extent of the law, no matter what that may mean for your Treasury Secretary. The only society people can possibly believe in is one in which the law is upheld. Anything else is just a hugely expensive waste of time. Like all the rescues and bail-outs to date in your first hundred plus days, and those muddy water stress debacles.

There are thousands who understand that it's ridiculous to pretend that all 19 biggest banks in the US are solvent, or even healthy. They will keep telling others about it, you can't stop them. You can't fool all the people all the time, and even though democracies can all too easily turn into dictatorships of majorities, those that do don't survive, especially when the idea takes hold that it's fine to ignore the law, since you make the law. The land of the free has become a joke, and a bitter one at that for those at the bottom. If you don't take your appointees to task, others will. For now, it's still your choice.

We don't have time for short-term thinking.

by Compound F on Thu May 07, 2009 at 05:33:35 PM PDT

•  Well put. (1+ / 0-)
          FarWestGirl

And it has a dancable beat.

by koNko on Thu May 07, 2009 at 08:26:20 PM PDT

•  None of that matters (10+ / 0-)

It's not personal.  Functionaries are not supposed to have conflicts.  But IOKIFYAO.

It's OK if you are an oligarch.

I thought you're comment was funny, by the way.

•  "It either pisses you off more or you chuckle" (4+ / 0-)

... or it confuses us and, unless we are the diarist and feel some responsibility to read all of the posts on the diary, we probably just turn somewhere else.

They tortured people to get false confessions to fraudulently justify our invading Iraq.

by Seneca Doane on Thu May 07, 2009 at 05:29:13 PM PDT

•  Excuse me for taking the time (1+ / 0-)
          aufklaerer

to read your diary but I had a little fun with someone who is taking it a lot better than you are. We've all written diaries here. This was not an attempt at hijacking your diary. It was a 2 second I'm having fun moment after reading a comment. If you try too hard to make your readers take your writing as seriously as you do, don't complain, at least we're reading it. I sincerely apologize for entering your diary. Have a good evening.

Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others.

by tazz on Thu May 07, 2009 at 05:54:03 PM PDT

•  So, was it funny? (0+ / 0-)

Last time I checked, you had a pretty sharp wit and a toungue to match.

Mr F seems to be venting a bit, I got the impression this is a therapudic process.

by koNko on Thu May 07, 2009 at 08:29:59 PM PDT

• Recommended (123)
  • Community (58)
  • 2016 (45)
  • Elections (37)
  • Environment (35)
  • Media (34)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (33)
  • Republicans (31)
  • Hillary Clinton (30)
  • Law (28)
  • Barack Obama (27)
  • Iraq (27)
  • Civil Rights (25)
  • Jeb Bush (24)
  • Climate Change (24)
  • Culture (23)
  • Economy (20)
  • Bernie Sanders (18)
  • Labor (18)
  • Senate (16)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site