View Diary: The Roland Burris Hardball Trainwreck, Updated W. Video (113 comments)

•  Aw, sweet you wanna talk about me.... (0+ / 0-)

I don't play my party as a "brand."

That's a Republican Talking Point.

It's a Republican Party Talking Point that Governments need to run like Corporations and Congress puts out "Products."

I don't do Republican Talking Points because I hate the fuck out of Republicans and their fucking ghoulish talking points....

But go forth and self-flagellate away.

And if you want to stand with Chris Matthews you may just want to assume his position, which mainly involves sticking his head where his sun don't shine.

"If the thorn of the rose is the thorn in your side Then you're better off dead if you haven't yet died."

by whitewash on Wed May 27, 2009 at 03:07:03 PM PDT

•  People vote (3+ / 0-)
      itsbenj, bhfrik, MnplsLiberal

If you want to ignore the fact that people often vote the same way they purchase things (i.e. because they trust a brand) then that's your prerogative.  But it's not a Republican talking point.  It's demonstrably true.

Rush Limbaugh: Opiated Sack of Porkfarts

by The Termite on Wed May 27, 2009 at 03:48:08 PM PDT

•  "Ascendant Brand" (0+ / 0-)

Not a fight between Good v. Evil.  LOL, a fight between Pepsi and Coke.  Too damn funny.  Funny the way people you meet here have names that don't fit their attitudes.  Like people call themselves "Dark" when they are actually, "Light" or "Anarchists" when they are actually "Conformists" or even "Decomposers" when in fact they are "Status Quo."

Can the Democrats be Pepsi and the Republicans be Coke?  I like Pepsi better.  :-)  :-)  :-)

by whitewash on Wed May 27, 2009 at 03:51:37 PM PDT

•  You think I am status quo WHY? (2+ / 0-)
          itsbenj, MnplsLiberal

Why?

You're the one saying that we should be defending Burris simply because he's a Democrat.  I'm the one saying drain the swamp.  But you think I'm status quo.  Gotcha.

You're top notch.

Rush Limbaugh: Opiated Sack of Porkfarts

by The Termite on Wed May 27, 2009 at 05:11:09 PM PDT

•  Red Sox v. Yankees (0+ / 0-)

Sports Metaphors don't work for Politics either.  Why?  Because Sports is stupid.  "Maybe Next Year" doesn't save 1.3 million of Iraqis from getting killed for their oil.

Miller Lite v. Bud Lite doesn't stop a girl from being gang-raped after listening to her parents get shot and then being shot herself and being set on fire.  Based on lies made up about 9/11.

by whitewash on Wed May 27, 2009 at 05:13:25 PM PDT

•  I can use all kinds of other metaphors, ace (2+ / 0-)
              itsbenj, MnplsLiberal

If you don't like branding, fine, I'll say it differently.

Clinging to dead weight like Burris is fucking stupid.  It's smart to jettison him as quickly as we can.  I'm sorry that's a bit more blunt than my first choice of phrase, but it's true.

You're the champion of the status quo here.  Own it.

Rush Limbaugh: Opiated Sack of Porkfarts

by The Termite on Wed May 27, 2009 at 05:34:35 PM PDT

•  I'm jettisoning Tweety the Propagandist (0+ / 0-)

Oh, and I'm about sick and tired of KO and Rachel too.

That's how us whitewashes run.

Named after a magazine article, called, "Whitewash as Public Service" by Benjamin DeMott.  Good reading.

Pally.

by whitewash on Wed May 27, 2009 at 05:42:01 PM PDT

•  hehehe (1+ / 0-)
                  The Termite

ok, keith and rachel = bad, roland burris = good. according to you.

i'm not sure whether to call troll here, or just hapless fool...

...That's the way I always heard records — as a circular stained glass window. - Johnny Marr

by itsbenj on Wed May 27, 2009 at 06:31:31 PM PDT

•  Roland Burris = Good? (0+ / 0-)

Who said that?

BTW, those jeans make your ass look fat.

by whitewash on Wed May 27, 2009 at 06:32:33 PM PDT