View Diary: The Weekly Standard On Opposition To Gay Marriage (383 comments)

•  I am dying for hilzoy to take it apart (1+ / 0-)
    CKendall

But she may not be in the mood, and I certainly wouldn't blame her. One of her fellow Obsidian Wings posters, Eric Martin, did do a brief piece about it. Some funny comments.

But I want hilzoy!

You can tell you have created God in your own image when it turns out that he or she hates all the same people you do. - Anne Lamott

by javelina on Tue May 26, 2009 at 07:08:20 PM PDT

•  I'd never read Obsidian Wings before. (1+ / 0-)
      javelina

I read and appreciated several pieces there tonight.  Thanks for the lead.

"Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." John Wooden

by CKendall on Tue May 26, 2009 at 11:42:36 PM PDT

•  Glad to help out! (1+ / 0-)
        CKendall

As I understand it, ObWi was originally intended to be a "voice of moderation," with a mix of progressive and conservative posters. There are still occasionally posts by the latter, but I'd say the progressives have had the upper hand for quite a while now.

By huge leaps and bounds the best writer and thinking person on the site is hilzoy, whose posts also now appear in Steve Benen's "Political Animal" blog at the Washington Monthly website.

by javelina on Wed May 27, 2009 at 07:39:58 AM PDT

•  Thanks. I probably need to get out (1+ / 0-)
          javelina

more--some days all I have time for is DK.

Love the Lamott quote, btw.

"Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." John Wooden

by CKendall on Wed May 27, 2009 at 12:35:48 PM PDT

•  I'm thinking of switching (1+ / 0-)
            CKendall

to Douglas Adams - this sig line is obvs. from Bush administration. But I still love it!

by javelina on Wed May 27, 2009 at 01:53:10 PM PDT

•  Douglas Adams has much to offer (1+ / 0-)
              javelina

as well.  But your Lamott line is as current as it ever was.

"Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." John Wooden

• Labor (27)
  • Congress (24)
  • Science (24)
  • Education (24)
  • Law (23)
  • Barack Obama (22)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (22)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site