View Diary: Obama to Name N.Y. (R) Congressman the Army Secretary (88 comments)

•  I get sick of hearing this bullshit (1+ / 0-)
    salsa0000
    1. don't try to be the democratic version of Club for growth
    1. in 2008. the most conservative democrat in the Senate was still more progressive than the most progressive Republican. That says enough.

Obama-Biden in 2012!

by Frederik on Tue Jun 02, 2009 at 08:29:31 AM PDT

•  Not bullshit at all (0+ / 0-)

I'll trade Ben Nelson for Olympia Snowe any day of the week. And it's not simply a matter of votes. Joe Lieberman had a fairly liberal voting record but was such a pain in the ass that he he pushed himself out of the Democratic party. Nelson has been in that territory lately.

Here we are now Entertain us I feel stupid and contagious

by Scarce on Tue Jun 02, 2009 at 08:40:21 AM PDT

•  Have you seen the state he represents? (2+ / 0-)
        salsa0000, LNK

It's fricking NEBRASKA. You can't compare Nebraska with Maine. We should be grateful to even have a senator in these parts of the country.

Besides, Nelson's voting record in 2008 was better than Snowe's!

Obama-Biden in 2012!

by Frederik on Tue Jun 02, 2009 at 11:31:50 AM PDT

•  Read what I wrote again (0+ / 0-)

He's been a major pain in the ass lately, not just for his votes but his comments. Those are unnecessary and unwanted.

Here we are now Entertain us I feel stupid and contagious

by Scarce on Tue Jun 02, 2009 at 02:13:09 PM PDT

•  Compare his record to Johanns (0+ / 0-)

if you like that one beter. Because the alternative for NELSON would be a GOPer with an even worse record.

Obama-Biden in 2012!

by Frederik on Tue Jun 02, 2009 at 02:48:30 PM PDT

•  Cry me a river (1+ / 0-)
              Newsie8200

Landrieu, Pryor, Blanche Lincoln are similarly predisposed to make stupid votes but they're smart enough to keep their mouths shut. In the end you have to assess whether someone is an asset or a liability. Or just an ass.

Hopefully Nelson can keep himself in column A with wandering over to column B.

Here we are now Entertain us I feel stupid and contagious

by Scarce on Tue Jun 02, 2009 at 03:44:07 PM PDT

•  So being a pain is enough to spite our face? (0+ / 0-)

I'm with Frederik on this one - it really doesn't make sense to throw someone out for someone even more conservative just because of rhetoric. Words do matter, but actions matter more.

Give me liberty, or give me death!

by salsa0000 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 at 06:07:57 AM PDT