View Diary: For some of them, it IS about the fetus, and NOT about the sex (97 comments)

•  this comment appeared awful fast (0+ / 0-)

I find it hard to believe that you could have read it in that amount of time.  I could be wrong though.

All this wasted time learning and acquiring skills... And all along I should have just squinted to see Russia

by fizziks on Tue Jun 30, 2009 at 06:35:53 PM PDT

•  Your mother and ex are not (8+ / 0-)

exactly motivated by the fetus if they can see exceptions.

The real point is...why does what ANYONE think about what a woman does in the privacy of her own body is their business anyway?

fine to debate what CHOICE your mother or ex would make, but their beliefs and opinions are no better than mine

•  did I say it was? (3+ / 0-)
        burrow owl, Naniboujou, marykk

I said several times that I disagreed with them.  But that doesn't mean I shouldn't try to understand where they are coming from.

And again, it is possible to be motivated by fetuses and be motivated by other considerations, and reach an accomodation within one's own head.

by fizziks on Tue Jun 30, 2009 at 06:42:14 PM PDT

•  If their beliefs are right and yours are wrong, (0+ / 0-)

then of course their beliefs are better than yours.  That goes without saying.

We are building a team that is continuously being built. - Sarah Palin

by burrow owl on Tue Jun 30, 2009 at 06:43:55 PM PDT

•  How is "right" and "wrong" measured to ... (0+ / 0-)

...achieve "better"?

Some people would be better off not reading diaries they comment on, since they already have all the answers.

by Meteor Blades on Tue Jun 30, 2009 at 06:52:02 PM PDT

•  Wouldn't you say a true belief is better (1+ / 0-)
            Calfacon

than a false one?

We are building a team that is continuously being built. - Sarah Palin

by burrow owl on Tue Jun 30, 2009 at 06:54:12 PM PDT

•  What makes a belief true? ... (3+ / 0-)
              middleagedhousewife, sfbob, crose

...I don't believe that 2 + 2 = 4. I know it. I don't believe that the speed of light is 300,000 km/sec. I know it. Such knowledge is true.

I can't know an issue of morality is right. I can only believe it to be so. But my belief about such matters often clashes with the opposite beliefs of others. So how can a belief be true?

by Meteor Blades on Tue Jun 30, 2009 at 07:12:53 PM PDT

• Health Care (21)
  • Rescued (21)
  • Barack Obama (20)
  • Republicans (18)
  • International (18)
  • Freddie Gray (17)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site