Skip to main content

View Diary: Morning Feature: Health Care, Our Mont Ventoux (Non-Cynical Saturday) (99 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  Good point! (7+ / 0-)

    We need to pass a good plan for the 70% who'll appreciate it.  There's no hope for the other 30%, who will complain even as they benefit.

    One of the loudest "no government" teabaggers turned out to be on Medicare and Social Security.  Yep, I finally met Joe Republian.

    Watching Pete Sessions and reporting from the Taliban-controlled 32nd Congressional District of Texas.

    by CoolOnion on Sat Jul 25, 2009 at 06:10:32 AM PDT

    [ Parent ]

    •  Exactly. (8+ / 0-)

      This is the real grunt work of policy-making.  Winning elections changes the rosters, but unless and until we have direct democracy on issue initiatives - and we don't at the federal level - that doesn't make policy.  We need to stop acting as if we "deserve" health care reform because of the 2008 election.  We deserve what we can win now.

      Right now, we're still leading, with 70% support for a public option in health care reform.  But the next month will be our Mont Ventoux, with an all-out P.R. attack from the insurance lobby.  We have to keep the 70% together through that month.

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site