View Diary: The new guest bloggers (294 comments)

•  ok so mebbe I like Armando, too (none)
    but doncha think we give him more leverage for personality? he's an Uber-Male here in a very male place.

and since this is all conducted in typing isn't Armando the sex-god name?

•  He was the first "old timer" (none)
      to make me feel really welcome here. Honest.  I trust him when he says I missed him at his most asshole-ish.  But, he's got a real knack for arguing in the best sense of the word, not for the sake of making you agree with him, but the love of the give and take of ideas. That makes him a good "community" choice and it pleases the people who like tenacity at the same time.

Isn't AGG female?

"But your flag decal won't get you into heaven anymore"--Prine

by Cathy on Tue Nov 30, 2004 at 07:10:36 PM PST

•  I ground my teeth out one day (4.00)
        blogging against Armando, and thought I'd hate him forever. Ran up against him another time and the conversation was fresh and without undertones...I don't care if you like what the guy says, I have a great deal of respect for a man who doesn't hold grudges.

(Even if it's only because he's too stoned to remember his previous arguments.)

Just kidding about that stoned part.

No I'm not.

Yes I am.

I talk to God, but the sky is empty - Sylvia Plath ~ I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman - Homer Simpson

by PBJ Diddy on Tue Nov 30, 2004 at 07:16:35 PM PST

•  he makes us swoon (none)
        yuh, I got that to as a newbie. only trying to point it out.

obviously, I have a little fleabite in my mind that says ok, there can be such a thing as "I chose people irregardless of gender", but I'm still scratching a mosquito bite that says, what exactly matters about gender?

to whit--I may get tacit support for wondering why Plutonium Page wasn't on the list, but I don't get explicit support from males about her inclusion, even though, I can tell she is appreciated by many.

•  Page is one of my faves around here (4.00)
          and I'm not normally one to elevate. Although I denegrate freely. Everyone sucks but her.

Sorry, that should read, "Everyone sucks butter."

by PBJ Diddy on Tue Nov 30, 2004 at 07:23:06 PM PST

•  Totally agree on this (4.00)
            Page is one of a kind -- the best kind.  But something tells me she's still gonna be posting her midnight diaries that I don't see until the morning here on the East Coast.  But I'm still gonna read 'em.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." Mencken "This is one of those times." Me

by jsmdlawyer on Tue Nov 30, 2004 at 07:25:12 PM PST

•  Backstabber. (4.00)
            Last night you told everybody that everybody but me sucked!

Suckers!!

The UCC: to believe is to care, to care is to do.

by pastordan on Tue Nov 30, 2004 at 07:39:15 PM PST

•  i wanted to see (4.00)
              your name up there p.d. any chance the voting machines were rigged???

"Some were afraid, some just wanted a bit o' his power, 'cause he was gettin' himself power all right. Dark days Harry." --The Sorcerer's Stone

by JaneKnowles on Tue Nov 30, 2004 at 09:08:04 PM PST

•  I'm not into conspiracy theories, but... (none)
                first this, now the "God Is Still Speaking" commercial is banned by CBS and NBC.

Somebody's got it in for the UCC.

I think it's PBJDiddy.

The UCC: to believe is to care, to care is to do.

by pastordan on Wed Dec 01, 2004 at 05:14:51 AM PST

•  You and Page (none)
              were the two names I thought might be on the list that I was disappointed not to see -- not to take anything away from those who were chosen, of course.  Keep up the good works, Pastor Dan.

by jsmdlawyer on Wed Dec 01, 2004 at 04:15:17 AM PST

•  indeed pastor (none)
                and kudos on the work you've already done on the convention. please do keep that up.

p.s. jsmd: love the "me" part of your sig.

by JaneKnowles on Wed Dec 01, 2004 at 05:32:20 AM PST

•  Pastor Dan... (none)
              I'm sorry to tell you this, but I'M the reason you weren't selected. Kos called me and asked my opinion, and I recommended you...had I realized that it was OPPOSITE DAY I would have said, "anyone BUT Pastor Dan..." My bad.

by PBJ Diddy on Wed Dec 01, 2004 at 04:32:55 AM PST

•  Or was it... (none)
                Bizarro World?

Me am not-good devil worshipper...

The UCC: to believe is to care, to care is to do.

by pastordan on Wed Dec 01, 2004 at 05:17:54 AM PST

•  Let's start our own blog! (none)
                  With your evil genius, and my good looks...no, wait...MY evil genius and your...no...my evil, your looks...wait, wait....I got it!

With my heretical blatherings and your mind-numbing normalcy, we could bore 20 -30 people a month! (provided of course you know that many people, I'm not shall we say socially integrated...Sanctuary!! Sanctuary!!)

We now return to our regularly scheduled blogging.

by PBJ Diddy on Wed Dec 01, 2004 at 10:22:23 AM PST

•  Yes, I got that from your questions (none)
          that you were disappointed about there not being a female voice.  But, that's why I asked about AGG, a gilas girl, isn't she female?

If so, that's one female more than last time.

I think the answer to the question about Plutonium Page is the pre-scoop criteria.  I can understand placing a premium on 'long standing', though I love Plutonium Page, too.

"But your flag decal won't get you into heaven anymore"--Prine

by Cathy on Tue Nov 30, 2004 at 07:24:49 PM PST

•  aoeu (none)
          Maybe she can be a midseason addition to the lineup?  She is going to be moving overseas in the near future right?

no haikus now,
          join your local democratic party.
          There are fights in 2005 coming up.

by TealVeal on Tue Nov 30, 2004 at 07:26:16 PM PST

•  make sure (4.00)
          you check us out at Liberal Street Fight ... lots of female dKosians there on the main page ...

soj
          mcjoan
          paper tigress
          em dash
          NYCO
          Marisacat

""All things entail rising and falling timing. You must be able to discern this." - Miyamoto Musashi

by Madman in the marketplace on Tue Nov 30, 2004 at 08:26:52 PM PST

•  He's made me feel very welcome, too (none)
        Seriously, I LOVE Armando...think it's a great handle for him as well, as I used to work for an Armando who wasn't as intelligent but who was definitely an alpha-male type.

Also congrats to the rest of the folks - I think we're in great hands!

Noli nothis permittere te terere.

by grannyhelen on Tue Nov 30, 2004 at 07:54:40 PM PST

•  he was one of the (none)
        biggest Clarkies during the epic titanic Clark/Dean battles (and for all those who missed them--you didn't miss anything). But then he revealed that Dean was actually his second choice and then we all got along much better after that.

Or maybe it's just that we've all been here together for so darned long...

I actually don't recognize a couple of names on the list...maybe they do a lot of posting on weekends?

But thank you kos for offering a spot to a gilas girl, and thank you a gilas girl for accepting. Solidarity--not lock step...

Abortions go up under Republicans. Business is better under Democrats. Pass it on.

by JMS on Wed Dec 01, 2004 at 05:43:57 AM PST