View Diary: BREAKING: Health Care Scandal in Kent Conrad's ND (updated) (287 comments)

•  Would've Rec'd . . . but for the (1+ / 0-)
    slinkerwink

"Wow! Rec List!  Cool."  nonsense.

Good God, even if you haven't been on the List before, you can at least act like you have been.  Jeez.

Otherwise, good diary.  I've had Conrad's number for some time now.

bg
    ___________________

"I have to go now. I feel . . . sticky." Anthony Bourdain

by BenGoshi on Tue Sep 08, 2009 at 12:26:30 PM PDT

•  That is the 2nd stupidest reason I've ever heard. (4+ / 0-)
      slinkerwink, nio, Sychotic1, OnlyWords

Drug Test Congress, POTUS and SCOTUS - Rehnquist was addicted to Placidyl for 10 years.

by JerichoJ8 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 at 12:40:54 PM PDT

•  Actually, it's a good reason. First of all, (0+ / 0-)

. . . it's already up top of the Rec List, so it doesn't need my help.

Second, I happen to think it's "stupid" (using your word) to dance about and act like Sally Field at the Oscars or doing an Endzone dance over getting on a blog Rec List.  In fact, I think it's hokey, cringe-making, self-aggrandizing and diminishes the seriousness of the overall issue.

You are more than welcome to disagree and to egg-on this incredibly idiotic fad that started about a year ago on Daily Kos.

bg
        ______________________

"I have to go now. I feel . . . sticky." Anthony Bourdain

by BenGoshi on Tue Sep 08, 2009 at 01:12:37 PM PDT

•  We are all allowed to have our (3+ / 0-)
      slinkerwink, indres, OnlyWords

pet peeves, and you are not forced to rec anything, but I know that if I ever get a diary up on the Rec list I will probably have to say something myself.

I guess the popular people don't understand how many diaries never even come close to making the rec list.

Repubs - the people in power are not secretly plotting against you. They don't need to. They already beat you in public. (Bill Maher)

by Sychotic1 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 at 01:07:57 PM PDT

•  See mine directly above. It is, indeed, a pet (0+ / 0-)

. . . peeve.

It doesn't/shouldn't matter what any so-called "popular" people think (as if I'm one of them).  What matters is that it's incredibly hokum-soaked and diminishes the seriousness and value of any diary where a diarist does a "Snoopy dance" over making the Rec List.  Good God.

Hell, I'd be embarrassed for people to think that such a thing is the kind of thing that makes me wet my pants with happy excitement over.  Sheesh.

bg
        __________________

"I have to go now. I feel . . . sticky." Anthony Bourdain

by BenGoshi on Tue Sep 08, 2009 at 01:15:32 PM PDT

•  Well, given that (3+ / 0-)
          StrayCat, indres, OnlyWords

when an unknown gets on the rec list, it is either due to some really great reporting, or some very compelling writing, I refuse to take their happiness away from them.

To me it seems like an accomplishment, but obviously your mileage may vary.  I do find it troubling that you would belittle that which makes others happy.

by Sychotic1 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 at 01:34:12 PM PDT

•  Fine. You go ahead and defend cringe-making... (0+ / 0-)

. . . hokum as what the "norm" should be, and me, I'll decry it for the idiocy that it is.

I find it troubling that doing skin-crawling "Snoopy dances" is something you think is just fine.  IT DIMINISHES THE VALUE OF THE SITE.  It's stupid, base, and shows a lack of class.  Sorry that curmudgeon's like me think that it's a bullshit fad (it started about a year ago by some dumbass newb or two who I wish had never heard of Daily Kos) that I look ever to forward to ending.

bg