View Diary: Wanted: A Social History of Daily Kos (651 comments)

•  Where's Blue? (none)
    I need my defenders here. Hey Raybin--come help me with the asshole.

All the snark that's fit to...er...pixelate? liberal street fight

by Joan McCarter on Sun Dec 05, 2004 at 12:02:30 PM PST

•  LOL - Armando misses MB (none)
      not only the writing, now he has to do the work of posting on weekends. Heh. Naturally, he'll take it out on you, especially after he shot 145 trying to impress those Repubs he plays (at) golf with.

Note to Armando... let the wookie win.

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx

by Greg Dworkin on Sun Dec 05, 2004 at 12:05:53 PM PST

•  Heh (none)
        I was worried about ego effect on Armando when this promotion happened, knowing I was going to be one of his top ten targets. I think we're going to need MB back here every now and then to keep him in check. No one else could do it. But, did you notice he finally learned how to use the blockquote box? I think he's taking his new duties rather seriously. He's learning the tech stuff.

All the snark that's fit to...er...pixelate? liberal street fight

by Joan McCarter on Sun Dec 05, 2004 at 12:17:50 PM PST

•  Don't trouble MB (none)
          No one else could do it.

I have to come back specifically to keep the asshole in line, I will.  He already sucked me into this thread.

"We will fight them, sir, until hell freezes over. And then, sir, we will fight them on the ice."

by Raybin on Sun Dec 05, 2004 at 05:05:18 PM PST

•  hey, (none)
            where is that quote from, your signature.  I remember it from the first time I visited this site, it knocked around in my head for a week.

I tried googling it, unsuccessfully..

it's a great quote.

He will never be a tough competitor. He doesn't know how to be comfortable with being uncomfortable. Lou Piniella

by alivingston on Sun Dec 05, 2004 at 10:20:08 PM PST

•  That quote... (none)
              ...has generated half a dozen e-mails and about as many comments.  (Not that I mind though, on the contrary I'm quite happy it resonates with so many.)

Shortly after the repulse of Pickett's Charge, a foreign military observer was speaking to some members of the Army of Northern Virginia about the defeat.  One of them offered the quote in my profile.

by Raybin on Sun Dec 05, 2004 at 10:58:29 PM PST

•  it's the single (none)
                and ultimate fight line.  it mesmerizes me.  I don't suppose you have a hard copy source for it?  (since none on-line...)  would love to read the whole story.

by alivingston on Sun Dec 05, 2004 at 11:44:02 PM PST

•  damn Right (none)
        I miss him.

I'm thinkin', I'm thinkin'

by Armando on Sun Dec 05, 2004 at 01:40:47 PM PST

•  slow on the uptake (none)
        You're calling me a wookie? I'm not nearly that hairy.

All the snark that's fit to...er...pixelate? liberal street fight

by Joan McCarter on Sun Dec 05, 2004 at 02:23:51 PM PST

•  Late to the party (4.00)
      but allow me to pay you the compliment of saying that you seem to do a pretty good job by yourself.