View Diary: Part Deux: Why Sibel Edmonds Will Never Talk (98 comments)

•  Try this one (4.00)

Then click on the link named Show a social network diagram for this name about half way down the page.

For some reason the direct link is not working.

Aderholt connected to the United States Council on World Freedom, more info on that organization here.

Reject the Red State/Blue State Model
    It's a wedge!

by lapin on Sun Dec 05, 2004 at 07:02:51 PM PST

•  Yeah (4.00)
      I wish namebase were updated.

The issue here is that Aderholt and Secord have links to heroin trafficking through their Laos operation, the Nugan Hand Bank, etc.

We know these guys then turned their attention to Nicaragua, and Secord set up all the dummy companies for Ollie North so he could arm the Contras without Congress knowing about it.

We have a lot of cocaine money wrapped up in the funding of the contras, plus just looking the other way while pilots send our weapons south and bring the drugs north.

So after they got caught, did they lie low?  No.

Bush Sr. sent them, or they went on their own, to Azerbaijan, where their job was to transit mujahideen from Afghanistan and to train them up for an offensive against Armenia.  They used highly secretive cargo airlines for the purpose and hired really talented pilots who could land a 707 on the side of a Hindu Kush mountain with a short air strip.

About 3 or 4 years later we have their old chum Farhad Azima buying an airline, Baku Express, to ship cargo from Afghanistan to Baku to Belgium.

Ostend airport is the most notorious arms smuggling airport in the world, and that is where Azima based his airline.

Then a war in Chechnya breaks out, heroin starts showing up like gangbusters in Baku and the Low Countries, and Egyptian Islamic Jihad takes up a base in Baku.

What do Azima and Secord have to do with Egypt?

"Azima did indeed have ties to the CIA. His relationship with the agency goes back to the late 1970s when he supplied air and logistical support to EATSCO (Egyptian American Transport and Services Corporation), a company owned by former CIA agents Thomas Clines, Theodore Shackley, and Richard Secord."-http://www.tylwythteg.com/enemies/Bush/bush21.html

So, when I discovered these clowns teaching classes at Western Florida University across the street from where one of the hijackers lived, and I found that the government is denying that this hijacker lived there, I said hmmm.

"What can I say? I just tip my hat and call the Yankees my daddy." -Pedro Martinez

by BooMan23 on Sun Dec 05, 2004 at 08:13:15 PM PST

•  Unfortunately, (3.66)
        in our up-is-down world, this makes more and more sense.

Another point: Many people believe the presidential vote was hacked, possibly enough to deny Kerry the presidency. My feeling is that it was done with malice aforethought, in part to keep shrub in place, and in part to keep Kerry from getting into a position of power where he could shine some light into very dark corners.

If he was going after the likes of Secord and Aderholt and Ollie North in regard to BCCI and Nicaragua, what might he have been able to do as president?

If I understand you correctly here, there are direct links among the Iran-Contra conspirators (who got a good start on shredding the Constitution), Afghan drug-running, and the 9/11 attacks (and attackers). And, despite most people's forgetting about it (if they ever knew), it has not gone away in the last 20 years but has grown stronger. Man oh man, that part is truly scary.

"When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent."--Isaac Asimov

by Mnemosyne on Sun Dec 05, 2004 at 09:23:04 PM PST

•  Yes (4.00)
          you understand me correctly.

However, so far there are only weak links between the Iran-Contra conspirators and the 9/11 hijackers.

What they have in common is Azerbaijan, the University of West Florida, Pensacola Naval Air Base, and Wally Hilliard (the owner of Rudi Dekker's notorious flight school).

It's compelling, but not strong.  And if anyone has any info to add, that's really what I'm after.

by BooMan23 on Sun Dec 05, 2004 at 09:33:08 PM PST

•  I'm having a hard time (4.00)
            getting my mind around all of this. Not because it's not plausible, not because I haven't been following the issues more or less since BCCI in the '80s, but because I have such outrage fatigue at all the bush maladministration has done, is doing, and will do.

And because this particular issue is so huge and invasive and all-pervading that it makes mock of everything we've said and done and thought about "democracy" for the last 20 years.

And because it's increasingly clear that the bush family and its consiglieres are so bad that they make the mafia look charming. The links look stronger and stronger to me, through the bush family unto the third generation (although proving it may be something else). We are floundering in a miasma of the corruption that issues from them, and the stench of evil is palpable.

by Mnemosyne on Mon Dec 06, 2004 at 09:13:40 AM PST

•  the stench (none)
              not to pile on here but... the American electorate has just rewarded the Bushites for their efforts in damaging our society. If by scaring the shit out of people and driving our society into ruins they increasingly turn to the authoritarian Repuglican party for protection, we can expect more of this.

i wish it weren't so.

"the free market knows everything about prices and nothing about values" - octavio paz

by skyguy on Mon Dec 06, 2004 at 11:22:46 AM PST