View Diary: The Media: Israel and Nuclear Weapons (236 comments)

•  Oh, Borat Borat, (3+ / 0-)
    mattman, elliott, Opakapaka

whatever are we going to do with you?  You could be the voice of reason and balance here, writing diaries on all those neglected topics that you cry about so magnificently.  And yet, sob, you do not do so.  Why is that?  Why oh why?  Do you not care about other people in the world outside of Israel?  Why is it all Israel all the time for you?  Do you not see how those other poor, neglected peoples of the world yearn for your strong voice?  Do you not see the hypocrisy in your actions?  What can we, your fellow Kossacks do, to help you steer yourself onto the proper path?

•  I have to say I agree with Borat here (3+ / 0-)

he is right. He is not saying that He is a great human rights activist he is saying that many who rip on Israel and Israel alone claim that mantle.

In this case he is right.

How do we end Practice? We end practice with a Team Fight! ---- My five year old at the end of his soccer practice.

by volleyboy1 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 at 04:41:41 PM PDT

•  I have to agree with part of what you said. (2+ / 0-)
        capelza, elliott

Borat is no great human rights activist.  Too bad he feels the need to rip on people who write about human rights abuses because they don't do so in a way that meets his criteria.  And too bad you have to go along with that.

Listen, you want to have a discussion about why Israel, or more particularly P-I, is so important to so many people?  I think that would be a great discussion to have.  But I don't think Borat is interested in a real, honest discussion about that.

•  I agree that Borat is no great (1+ / 0-)
          Karmafish

human rights activist but that is irrelevant to his point. His point is that people who claim to be Human Rights activists really only weigh in on I/P and could care less about any other abuse or struggle. Plus they completely ignore or justify abuses on the P side or by P supporters.

I don't see Borat claiming any great stakes as a Human Rights activist.

His point is essentially correct.

by volleyboy1 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 at 06:16:26 PM PDT

•  How do you know that people who claim to be (0+ / 0-)

human rights activists "could care less about any other abuse or struggle?"  You've made the claim, now provide the evidence.  And ditto for your next sentence.  I expect better of you, VB, no matter our disagreements.  It really truly saddens me to see you engage in this type of hyperbole.

Maybe there are reasons that people write here specifically about P-I that have nothing to do with Borat's ridiculous spinning.  Maybe, you know, you could ask them, whoever they might be.  Actually, you know, engage them in conversation.  Maybe even move the discussion forward.  I know for a fact that that is ultimately something you're interested in, so I truly do not understand this kind of comment from you.

•  Easy (0+ / 0-)

I write on what interests me and I don't claim to be who I am not. Unlike Israel hating hypocrites who claim to be human rights advocates while they completely ignore 99.9% of human rights abuses in the world.

And unlike people who claim to be jewish but instead of being in the synagogue and atoning their sins before god on Yom Kippur are making posts in anti-Israel diaries.

•  B-Rat (1+ / 0-)
        mattman

Crimes against humanity mean anything to you?   You know, the never again safeguards?

Disgusting.

Those who hear not the music-think the dancers mad

by Eiron on Mon Sep 28, 2009 at 05:08:34 PM PDT

•  Oh, please. (3+ / 0-)
        capelza, elliott, Alec82

Your hypocrisy is stunning:

People who claim to be Jewish?  You mean, there's only one way to be Jewish, and that's the way you've decreed?  Makes sense, given that your definition of anti-Israel and Israel hatred both revolve around you as well.

As for the rest of your comment, I actually appreciate your honesty.  You don't care about most of the world.  Thank goodness there are people here who do, and who are writing about human rights abuses, even if they don't do so in a way that meets your sollipsistic criteria.

•  Who? (2+ / 0-)
          JNEREBEL, Karmafish

who here writes about human rights abuses in Egypt, Sudan, Russia, Sri Lanka, China, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, Lebanon, Kuwait, Yemen?

You certainly don't, none of the members of the anti-Israel brigade does. They are way too busy bashing Israel all day long to pay attention to 99.9% of human rights abuses and violations if international law in the world.

Barack Obama: "Israel is a stalwart ally of the United States. As the only true democracy of the Middle East it is a source of admiration and inspiration..."

by Borat Sagdiyev on Mon Sep 28, 2009 at 06:03:18 PM PDT

•  See, Borat, let me repeat. (3+ / 0-)
            capelza, elliott, Lefty Coaster

It's all about you.  And it's always about you.  People who don't meet your definition of what it means to be Jewish.  People who don't meet your definition of what it means to write about Israel.  People who don't meet your definition of what it means to care about human rights abuses.

But I must say that I do think it's fascinating that you complain so much about people not doing what you yourself are not doing.

•  nope, it's not about me (1+ / 0-)
              Karmafish

it's about Israel hating hypocrites who claim to be human rights activists and yet completely refuse to condemn or discuss any country other than Israel. that is called hypocrisy, the definition is universal and they fit right in.

by Borat Sagdiyev on Mon Sep 28, 2009 at 06:23:57 PM PDT

•  See, when you use terms like (1+ / 0-)
                Lefty Coaster

"Israel hating" and whatnot with such wild abandon, what you're saying is that it really is all about you.  But I must say that I'm impressed with the number of different ways in which you verify that.  So keep at it, I say.

•  And "keep at it" I will (1+ / 0-)
                  Karmafish

You can count on it. When I see hypocrites claiming to be human rights advocates and yet indifferent to human rights abuses all over the world outside of Israel (or in Israel but committed against Israelis) I will not hesitate for a second to point out the hypocrisy, dishonesty and Israel hatred of those pseudo-progressive posters.

by Borat Sagdiyev on Mon Sep 28, 2009 at 06:42:20 PM PDT