View Diary: Journalism at its finest (291 comments)

•  How lovely that Obama (15+ / 0-)

referenced her in his first comments on the award.

And how amazing that only 1% of the others who comment on the award have
            1)  Read the committee's reasons for their decision, which make it perfectly clear why he was chosen
             2)  any awareness of how the Nobel process works, but wax eloquent about them erroneously and without shame

It would be less embarrassing if it was only the righties who do this - the ignorance and lack of fact-checking extends to this blog to an amazing extent.

Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.

by I love OCD on Sat Oct 10, 2009 at 01:46:13 PM PDT

•  1% (1+ / 0-)
      Fixed Point Theorem

And you base that percentage on what, exactly?

Speaking of fact-checking...

No doubt.

"I have lived with several Zen masters -- all of them cats." - Eckhart Tolle

by catnip on Sat Oct 10, 2009 at 01:53:55 PM PDT

•  1% would be snarkish - (0+ / 0-)

I'm just amazed at the number of people who didn't bother to read the Nobel committee's statement, especially when it was part of the diary they were commenting in, or all over the FP, or in numerous other locations.  I was just in a diary with a long thread that's largely made up of erroneous statements about the Nobel process, how many black people have been awarded a Nobel prize, etc.  And a lot of advice to the committee about how they can do this better in the future.

I can't imagine how they've managed to stumble along for so many years without American input!  Shocking.

Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.

by I love OCD on Sat Oct 10, 2009 at 02:58:09 PM PDT

•  There is a diary on the reclist ... (2+ / 0-)
      vcmvo2, I love OCD

... that praises a known racist and antisemitic bigot, who was called principled and honest throughout the comments because he dares to say exactly what he thinks. So yeah, I'm not surprised that ignorance and lack of fact-checking extends to the left.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

by missLotus on Sat Oct 10, 2009 at 02:00:44 PM PDT

•  Anyone can post here (within limits) (0+ / 0-)

The staff at the Post gets paid to be professional.

look for my DK Greenroots diary series Wednesday evening. "It's the planet, stupid."

by FishOutofWater on Sat Oct 10, 2009 at 02:08:19 PM PDT

•  You're right about the Post. (2+ / 0-)
          dwayne, I love OCD

I do care that people in that diary are ignorant of what Ron Paul really stands for and think that because he's on their side on one issue, that he is somehow deserving of praise.

But you're right that the Post is paid for their occasional forays into crazy talk. They should definitely be held to a higher standard, simply by virtue of the fact that they are supposed to be journalists with a certain amount of integrity.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

by missLotus on Sat Oct 10, 2009 at 02:13:06 PM PDT

•  which diary is that? n/t (0+ / 0-)

"I have lived with several Zen masters -- all of them cats." - Eckhart Tolle