View Diary: H1N1, cytokine storm, autoimmune response and your body's home-grown terrorists! (77 comments)

•  Not even a primer, unfortunately... and (0+ / 0-)

made unreadable with the confusing analogies.  I'm sorry... I don't mean to be mean.  I just don't think this is helpful at all.  If anything it's a bit inflammatory  (ha ha, I crack myself up!).

We've got serious work to do. Health care and civil rights for all, please!

by the dogs sockpuppet on Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 07:00:45 PM PDT

•  hey d s! how did that visit go? (1+ / 0-)
      the dogs sockpuppet

I will set big goals for this country as president - some so large that the technology to reach them does not yet exist-B. Obama

by UTvoter on Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 07:03:41 PM PDT

•  Ooh, I've been looking for you... (1+ / 0-)
        UTvoter

I'm coming out there November 7-10th.  We're going around with a Realtor and everything.  Thinking about Sugar House.

We've got serious work to do. Health care and civil rights for all, please!

by the dogs sockpuppet on Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 07:06:05 PM PDT

•  excellent! jlms qkw lives in sugar (1+ / 0-)
          the dogs sockpuppet

house. i'm down in little cottonwood canyon, but  a bit of a commute and schools aren't so good. many of our colleagues live in the avenues. which is nice and close to campus.

the area around 15th and 15th and 9th and 9th are quite nice (sugarhouse).

send me an email! my email address can be found on my page. I'm happy to answer any lingering questions. altho not being a clinician, i don't have alot of insight into the clinical depts.

by UTvoter on Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 07:17:26 PM PDT

•  Yay! We wanted to look in the (1+ / 0-)
            UTvoter

Cottonwoods, but I'm not digging the commute...

We've got serious work to do. Health care and civil rights for all, please!

by the dogs sockpuppet on Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 07:45:13 PM PDT

•  25 minutes to research park (1+ / 0-)
              the dogs sockpuppet

from the mouth of little cottonwood. don't know where you are now, but it's not too bad of a commute. we like the neighborhood and it's close to skiing and the canyon, well, it's nice! 4 miles to a great campground.

however, i often wish i were closer! many of my students live in the sugarhouse area and can ride their bikes. when little UTvoter heads off to college, we'll probably move closer.

some of my friends live in olympus cove. that's a good area also, with a good elementary school, oak ridge.

guess we highjacked this thread, huh? you should come by the lab when you are in town!

by UTvoter on Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 07:59:59 PM PDT

•  PS re the Einstein quote (4+ / 0-)
      Ahianne, vcmvo2, murasaki, Aidos

An old hag sits on your lap for a minute, it seems like an hour. A pretty girl sits there for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity. There are several forms of this, some beginning, "your hand hits a hot stove for a moment...." It actually was part of a larger comic in a Yiddish newspaper, where one patron in a barber shop asks another who this Einstein was. Upon hearing Einstein is the inventor of Relativity, he asks what this relativity was. The line cited above was not the actual punchline! That would be the response to it, "and from this he can make a living?" Einstein was so amused by this joke at his expense that he called it the best explanation of relativity he had ever heard, and although he may have repeated it, it has incorrectly been attributed to him since.

We've got serious work to do. Health care and civil rights for all, please!

by the dogs sockpuppet on Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 07:05:08 PM PDT

•  sock, you are aptly named. I speak (0+ / 0-)

4 languages.  And you?  I was born in Slovenia, childhood in Austria.  I think I'm doing quite well with English as my 4th language.