View Diary: Weekly Tracking Poll: New Feature Paints Ugly 2010 Picture (198 comments)

•  What your last question proves to me is... (13+ / 0-)

it is not only the Democrats in Congress who are unbelievably stupid - the same can be said for Democratic voters.

To abstain from voting when you're not happy with the way things are going can only surpassed in stupidity by voting Republican or third Party.

Silence is the enemy - Green Day 4360+ dead - Bring them home

by Miss Blue on Fri Nov 27, 2009 at 03:18:37 PM PST

•  I am definitely going to vote (12+ / 0-)

Obama 7/09: "Don't bet against us" (unless the Dems screw it up).

by Drdemocrat on Fri Nov 27, 2009 at 03:24:20 PM PST

•  Undoing all the good work (2+ / 0-)
      Miss Blue, Eryk

of 2006 and 2008 just because - as we already knew - the Congress is filled with Democrats that need replaced, an act that makes it harder to actually replace them, nice nose cutting temper tantrum.

LBJ is dead. Face the reality of what's there and work with it.

by Jeffersonian on Fri Nov 27, 2009 at 03:37:04 PM PST

•  No, Miss Blue. With respect, (3+ / 0-)

blaming Democratic voters for Republican victories is stupid.

You and I would consider it our patriotic duty to vote "D" if the Repub was likely to commit 100 injustices and the Dem only 99.  We know that we are always faced with a choice between the lesser of two evils, and we have access to enough unfiltered source information to make that choice intelligently.

MOST Americans still get the majority of their information from the MSM, and their political views are shaped accordingly.  The MSM HAD to cover Obama's campaign, and, despite their best efforts to distort his record and his positions, Obama was brilliant in spreading a message of "change is coming to Washington."  No more catering to the special interests.  Main Street's concerns take precedence over Wall Street's.  No more business as usual.  Every American will have access to quality, affordable health care.

These messages resonated with a large segment of the population who, in the past, had every reason to believe that there wasn't a dime's worth of difference between Dems and Repubs.  In 2008, thanks to Obama, these disaffected groups had reason to believe that change COULD happen, and they turned out in record numbers to be a part of that change.

Come 2010, if the jobs picture doesn't improve, if health insurance reform looks unlikely to lower the costs of health care, if Wall Street is still playing the same 'ol same 'ol, it is NOT the Dem voters we should be blaming for Repub victories.

I SO want to believe it's 11DC.

by WisePiper on Fri Nov 27, 2009 at 03:55:08 PM PST

•  I will blame them,,, (1+ / 0-)
        WisePiper

if they stay home.

Reading DK isn't what causes me to always vote, and always vote Democratic.

It's history that causes me to do that.  The GOP has a long, ugly history in this country.  A history of not giving a damn about the poor, the disadvantaged, the sick, the hungry, etc, etc, etc.  They will NEVER have my support.  And the only way to beat them is to vote, not stay home sulking.

Silence is the enemy - Green Day 4360+ dead - Bring them home

by Miss Blue on Fri Nov 27, 2009 at 05:55:58 PM PST

•  I agree absolutely with everything in your (0+ / 0-)

response comment, except that I would replace "blame" with understand, and "sulking" with feeling betrayed.

There is a huge information/education deficit in this country, and I cannot blame those who are the victims of it.

I SO want to believe it's 11DC.

by WisePiper on Fri Nov 27, 2009 at 07:20:43 PM PST

•  What Miss Blue glosses over (0+ / 0-)

is that Democrats have been handed a massive victory, already. The problem is, the Democrats in office don't want to pass good legislation. Instead, they'd rather have people like Miss Blue go around and call voters stupid, because they think that will fix everything.

The crooks are leaving have left office, unprosecuted and scot-free.

by BentLiberal on Fri Nov 27, 2009 at 09:18:28 PM PST

•  If Party Leadership follows your lead (3+ / 0-)
      bruh1, Eric K, DKinUT

and proclaims that voters are stupid not to vote Democratic, I predict losses will be even worse.

"Vote for us or you're stupid" is not a winner.

And it's sad, because the real solution is within the grasp of Democrats in Congress and the White House.

The crooks are leaving have left office, unprosecuted and scot-free.

by BentLiberal on Fri Nov 27, 2009 at 04:22:50 PM PST

•  Whatever (1+ / 0-)
        Zack from the SFV

My opinion, and I believe it as strongly as I believe the earth is round.

Sitting home on your ass and doing nothing will never improve anything.  And voting Republican is even worse.

If you don't see that, we really have not much to talk about.

Silence is the enemy - Green Day 4360+ dead - Bring them home

by Miss Blue on Fri Nov 27, 2009 at 05:57:38 PM PST

•  As much as I don't want you to (0+ / 0-)

...and as much as I'm hoping leadership doesn't, I think you're both going to continue to employ the mocking, scorning, coercing strategy against rank and file Democrats, instead of simply delivering even minimal legislation - with big majorities.

It's a pity - when the solution lies with elected Democrats.

If they'd do the right thing, they wouldn't need people like you going around and "enforcing" by calling people stupid.

The crooks are leaving have left office, unprosecuted and scot-free.

by BentLiberal on Fri Nov 27, 2009 at 09:15:36 PM PST

•  I vote in every election (1+ / 0-)
      CParis

The late Democratic activist Billie Carr in Houston used to say that Republicans drive by their neighborhood school every Tuesday and every Saturday to check whether there is an election.
      I was once in the bar scene and would use bars as political listening posts. When I heard a guy say he voted in every election he almost always turned out to be a Republican. I was not an insider to the Harris County GOP, but got the impression they pushed the line of voting in every election. Made it part of their folklore.
      More Democrats need to be less afraid to say that voting is important because voting is important. Not voting enables Republicans. For heaven's sake, vote in the primary. Give your type of people some incentive to run for office. Back in 2006 Barbara Radnovsky was a good candidate, but non-voters let her have a runoff with Gene Kelly, a non-serious candidate who happened to have the same as a deceased dancer.
      I think the last election I missed was in 1974, a special election on rapid transit.

•  Cannot agree more! (1+ / 0-)
        scott5js

The way the GOP gained power was to run candidates and show up to vote in EVERY local election.  School board, town council, state leg - all are training grounds for higher office.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. ~ Naploeon Bonaparte