View Diary: Help! Help! We're being repressed! (seriously) with update (47 comments)

•  Wait a sec... (1+ / 0-)
    Norbrook

If he ain't the king then does that mean the diarist is covered with shit? MP references are often a two-edged sword...

I stand by the truth, that way I don't have to be near any Republicans.

by ontheleftcoast on Thu Dec 03, 2009 at 10:56:17 AM PST

•  Why do you think (1+ / 0-)
      ontheleftcoast

DiFi and durbin are going our of their way to strike citizen journalist/bloggers from the shield?  hmm?  offer me some ideas.

A few give much, a few give all, and most Americans give....NOTHING! ~~~ Support our troops - Bring them home

by Hound Dog on Thu Dec 03, 2009 at 11:00:02 AM PST

•  Actually you and the others you mention (1+ / 0-)
        BlueJessamine

are doing the right thing. Making folks aware of this issue and getting us to contact our Congress critters to make the proper (and by that I mean the non-DiFi/Durbin) version of this passed. There is one other possible loop hole in the new proposal that I find interesting though. It never states anything about the profitability or frequency of publication of your media. Say you use an online service to publish your "best of blog" articles once a year, and you distribute 10 copies. Would that be enough to sastify

(aa) publishes a newspaper, book, magazine, or other periodical;

and therefore give you protection under the law? It would cost very little and let you claim you publish and in fact publish the very journalism you are trying to pratice.

I stand by the truth, that way I don't have to be near any Republicans.

by ontheleftcoast on Thu Dec 03, 2009 at 11:25:14 AM PST

•  Ok, (1+ / 0-)
          ontheleftcoast

thanks for a serious, topic-focused reply.

Why do you think these senators want to cut bloggers out of the shield?

by Hound Dog on Thu Dec 03, 2009 at 11:29:24 AM PST

•  The simplest explanation is that they are getting (1+ / 0-)
            Hound Dog

money from media concerns to do this. I don't know what their "30 pieces of silver" price is but I'm sure they have one. Another reason could be they just don't like what bloggers do because they can't control them like they control the other media outlets. You don't show up at their pressers and regurgitate whatever they spew out. That is what most of the traditional press seems to do these days. Even NPR has been reduced to letting both sides tell their own story instead of reporting the facts.

I stand by the truth, that way I don't have to be near any Republicans.

by ontheleftcoast on Thu Dec 03, 2009 at 12:25:20 PM PST

•  I guess if any of these are true (1+ / 0-)
              ontheleftcoast

then these senators could not be acurately thought of as liberal-progressive types, then, si?

by Hound Dog on Thu Dec 03, 2009 at 12:31:34 PM PST