View Diary: What the loss of the Public Option really Means ... (20 comments)

•  It is amazing to me that one could produce this (1+ / 0-)
    joedemocrat

diary talking about the death of the PO and what it will mean, without factoring in what is being offered in its stead. Producing a scholarly diary with little or no scholarship. This is unethical and immoral. This is fearmongering.
    For the record, both the "liberal savior," Howard Dean and the socialist Bernie Sanders have said that what is offered is far better than a watered down Public Option.
    I see absolutely no reason why what happened today should signal the end of USA or the Democratic Party. Lest we forget, we were chugging along in our quagmire and would have continued merrily on our way had it not being for one Barack Hussein Obama who DECIDED to put HCR on the table.

Max Ehrmann (author of Desiderata): Whatever else you do or forbear, impose upon yourself the task of happiness; and now and then abandon yourself to laughter.

by JoanMar on Tue Dec 08, 2009 at 07:28:34 PM PST

•  the proof will be in the Premium Increases (3+ / 0-)

already baked into the cake.

Most people can't even afford the Premiums,
      we Got Now!  give it four year,
      and we'll see, if it's anymore affordable
      for the average worker?

It's amazing to me, how you can defend such gutlessness,
      from our elected Representatives.

They WORK for US --
      or at least they're suppose to.

I'm done believin'

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act -- George Orwell

by jamess on Tue Dec 08, 2009 at 07:36:19 PM PST

•  done contribuiting to loss causes too. n/t (2+ / 0-)
        WattleBreakfast, alstradamus

by jamess on Tue Dec 08, 2009 at 07:49:42 PM PST

•  Yoy haven't addressed my central point. Seeing (1+ / 0-)
        joedemocrat

that we are still in the midst of the process I wonder how you can be so definitive. But, be that as it may, you have yet to factor in what the alternative being suggested could mean.
        And I don't disagree with you that "they" work for us. The problem we have had is 4 Senators who seemed to be bought and paid for by the insurance lobbyists.

by JoanMar on Tue Dec 08, 2009 at 07:52:17 PM PST

•  the "bought and paid for" senators (6+ / 0-)

is one of the main points of my diary.

the facts posted in the diary, stand,

check their sources.

that is the playing field,
          and the refs just ruled in favor of the opposing team.

PS. I never claimed this was

a scholarly diary

it felt more like a rant to me,
          when I was writing it.

I am personally tired of seeing what meager raises,
          I may or may not get, each year,
          going to pay larger and larger Insurance Premiums
          deducted from my paycheck.

My Standard of Living have been moving backwards,
          for a while now.

and I am NOT alone.

the Facts back me up.

by jamess on Tue Dec 08, 2009 at 07:59:05 PM PST

•  If you think HCR was on the table because of (1+ / 0-)
      jamess

Obama you are wrong.  It was clearly an issue on the table regardless of which political party won the Presidency.  How it would have turned out if McCain had won is another story, but Obama did not put HCR on the table.

•  Aw, come on! Did you not remember EVERYBODY (1+ / 0-)
        joedemocrat

getting on Obama's case for, "taking on too much?" It may have been on the table but he is the one decided to push it to the forefront.

by JoanMar on Tue Dec 08, 2009 at 09:11:48 PM PST

•  No, this was a primary issue during the campaign. (1+ / 0-)
          fernan47

It was time for it to be addressed regardless.  There was no avoiding it.  So like I said, if McCain had won, there would have been an effort, of which I can't speak.  But to say Obama put it on the table is disingenuous.

• Recommended (136)
  • Law (20)
  • Media (20)
  • Labor (19)
  • Republicans (18)
  • Spam (17)
  • Barack Obama (17)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (17)
  • International (15)
  • White House (15)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site