View Diary: WA Gov -- the day of decisions (39/39) (48 comments)

•  tip jar for a long, but satisfying, day (n/t) (4.00)

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever -- Larry Andersen

by N in Seattle on Wed Dec 22, 2004 at 04:40:52 PM PST

•  great job, N (none)
      with front-page props from the boss himself!

All the snark that's fit to...er...pixelate? liberal street fight

by Joan McCarter on Wed Dec 22, 2004 at 04:48:47 PM PST

•  We must understand (none)
        The republican party will do whatever it can to get and hold on to power. Look out for some major dirty tricks like the Military Ballot issue they are trying to bring up now. They will try and find a way to get the seat of power anyway they can

See "This Week in Fascism" for more on what the Repubs are capable of.

"The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one." - Adolf Hitler. Quoted By Bill Moyers 12-17-04

by Tomtech on Wed Dec 22, 2004 at 09:49:28 PM PST

•  Thanks! (none)
      You're posts have been great.  I'm sorry that you got snookered out of a front page story today -- you certainly deserve one for all your hard work!
    •  Hey Nick! (none)
      I don't post around here a lot, but thanks a ton.  I'm a fellow Seattle resident- (West Seattle)  and I am damn proud of this city.  It may not have the best transportation (yet), and some here may think it's bigger than it really is (it's small potatoes), but this city has single-handedly reversed one (awful) mistake that could have been made.

We should be celebrating the fact that we still live in a reasonable part of the world.

•  who's Nick? (none)
        In my case, N isn't followed by ick.

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever -- Larry Andersen

by N in Seattle on Wed Dec 22, 2004 at 05:06:17 PM PST

•  Sorry !!! (none)
          I know this guy named Nick. For some reason, your posts remind me of him.  I guess it's the politics.  He's frome Seattle.

Shoot. That's some funny stuff.  Sorry man.
          I think I was just spacing out.

•  Look at me all fumble fingers (none)
            "Sorry Man" might not fit either!
          •  Otto has joined Plutonium Page in Amsterdam... (4.00)
            ...and is typing from a Rastafarian coffee shop as we speak.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross -- Sinclair Lewis

by DC Pol Sci on Wed Dec 22, 2004 at 05:18:50 PM PST

•  no prob (none)
            As a matter of fact, a sometimes-Kossack who I do know (who will remain unnamed here, because he actively supported Dino ... ugh) also apparently believes I'm some other fellow whose name starts with N.

Many of my fellow Washington state DFA types undoubtedly know who I'm talking about.

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever -- Larry Andersen

by N in Seattle on Wed Dec 22, 2004 at 05:20:37 PM PST

•  Áctually (none)
              I know two guys named Nick who remind me of these politics.

And there sure isn't anything wrong with a little Decriminilization.

•  I'm really amazed at some of the people I know (none)
              Who supported Rossi.  It's really interesting.  I'm guessing the Gregoire just wasn't a very exciting candidate.  Rossi was all dressed up.  He looked respectable.
              •  Rossi and Gregoire (none)
                Gregoire leaves a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths.  For one thing, she is apparently opposed the WA-State equivalent of the Freedom of Information act. Major downer points. Among other things.  She has a negative reputation.  I think that was greatly aided by an extremely effective media campaign by Rossi. I dunno what was going on, but I saw literally ten times as much advertisement for Rossi/against Gregoire than vice versa. (I live in King County.) That counts everything from yard signs to highway banners to animated billboards to television ads. Some of them were pretty slick.

The debate was nothing special, either.

Still, I remember last time our family stepped aside for a seemingly harmless bumbler - 2000 national election.  A bit of a learning experience- We'd probably hate Rossi if he gets elected, he's too much of a smooth operator.

There is a heaven, but ill never get there... i keep respawning...

by Sandals on Wed Dec 22, 2004 at 09:55:23 PM PST

•  but you might as well be Saint Nick n/t (none)

Kerry/Edwards: For a reality-based America

by Em on Wed Dec 22, 2004 at 05:17:07 PM PST

•   Ick! It's N! (none)
          Nope. It's not preceded by Ick, eother.

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx

by Greg Dworkin on Wed Dec 22, 2004 at 05:26:51 PM PST