View Diary: ALL Hands On Deck: CALL Congress Today On Health Bill! (280 comments)

•  FUCK THIS BILL! Pre-existing cond STILL LIVE@! (8+ / 0-)

Except instead of dening you, you'll have to pay 3X what it normally costs, and you are MANDATED to have something, meaning you WILL BE GOUGED!

Fuck This BILL! I WILL NOT PAY TRIBUTE TO THE INSURANCE GODS!

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face -- for ever.' ~ George Orwell, 1984

by MinistryOfTruth on Thu Dec 17, 2009 at 09:23:57 AM PST

•  Yep. It's time to FIGHT against this atrocity. (4+ / 0-)
      mattman, TomP, MinistryOfTruth, CMYK

I work full-time with the FDL team on health reform thanks to your donations.

by slinkerwink on Thu Dec 17, 2009 at 09:26:00 AM PST

•  I feel an angry diary coming on (4+ / 0-)
        mattman, oscarsmom, TomP, CMYK

I will NOT Pay 5% of my income to the CEOcare they are passing.

Force me to do it and I join the fucking teabaggers

by MinistryOfTruth on Thu Dec 17, 2009 at 09:27:01 AM PST

•  But you'll pay 5% (0+ / 0-)

towarda a PO?

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." --M. L. King "You can't fix stupid" --Ron White

by zenbassoon on Thu Dec 17, 2009 at 09:27:51 AM PST

•  What's your FPL? (1+ / 0-)
          MinistryOfTruth

I work full-time with the FDL team on health reform thanks to your donations.

by slinkerwink on Thu Dec 17, 2009 at 09:29:11 AM PST

•  FPL? (2+ / 0-)
            Vayle, CMYK

Not sure what you mean, but if it insurance related I've been uninsured since 2000.

Why are we dying? Because no one can afford to get regular checkups. Fix that, and half the problem is solved.

If I can't afford the insurance OR the checkups, fuck the whole thing. I'm better off with NO insurance than with JUNK Insurance, thank you very much, Rahm.

All I know is I'm gettin screwed here on the Senate bill, and it will NOT get more progressive after conference, mark my words

by MinistryOfTruth on Thu Dec 17, 2009 at 09:40:30 AM PST

•  MoT. There is an evil plan cooking. (5+ / 0-)

PLEASE include this information in your angry diary:

Our social safety net is about to be dismantled, I predict, based on this:

Guess what business Chairman Joe Liebermann's Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee takes up this week?

As concern grows about our nation’s fiscal sustainability and fear of a spiraling deficit intensifies, The Center for the Study of the Presidency and Congress (CSPC) will be presenting recommendations to the Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee to help resolve our troubling fiscal future. The hearing will address why the creation of an independent Fiscal Future Commission is necessary to achieving our nation’s economic recovery and maintaining its long-range freedom of action.

The first panel will feature Senators Kent Conrad (D-ND) and Judd Gregg (R-NH), the Chairman and Ranking Member of the Senate Budget Committee, who will provide analysis about their bipartisan Congressional initiative, “The Bipartisan Task Force for Responsible Fiscal Action Act of 2009.” They will be followed by an expert panel featuring Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan and Peter G. Peterson Foundation CEO and former U.S. Comptroller General David Walker, who will express their concern for our current fiscal situation and why the creation of such a Fiscal Future Commission is the best solution.

When: December 17, 2009 at 10:00AM

Where: Dirksen Senate Office Building, Room 342

Panelists:

Senator Kent Conrad (D-ND)
          Chairman, Senate Budget Committee

Senator Judd Gregg (R-NH)
          Ranking Member, Senate Budget Committee

The Honorable Alan Greenspan
          President, Greenspan Associates, LLC, Former Chairman of the United States Federal Reserve Board

The Honorable David Walker
          President and CEO, Peter G. Peterson Foundation, Former U. S. Comptroller General and Head of Government Accountability Office

Research the social benevolence of Peter G. Peterson.

This is frightening, quite frankly.  For an overview of opinion, you can read the comments attached to the above blog.

I PREDICT, that those who have a certain value of assets will not receive SSI or Medicare benefits in the very near future as the Obama economic team bows at the altar of Reducing the Deficit.

I PREDICT, that Europe will lose their social safety nets, too.

I wrote a diary about this today:

New Deal Being Dismantled, While We Argue, A Prediction

Of course, it whizzed by so fast most missed it.  I saw you dropped in.  Thank you!

The HCR is a test of the People's Metal.  If we fail to strike, the corporaticians will see that as a green flag to flog us.

Poverty does not mean powerless. Unite!

by War on Error on Thu Dec 17, 2009 at 09:52:42 AM PST