View Diary: Seriously? (248 comments)

•  Such language. (9+ / 0-)

I went to a psychiatrist because I had trouble sleeping.
    He within ten minutes of meeting me wanted to know if I had guns. He insisted that I HAD to tell him. He insisted that guns were a danger and if I was endangering myself and my family, that wa his business.
    I told him to pound sand, and never went back.
    I slept well that night.
    So I'm here to tell you, it's a very real consideration, and I'm not afraid at all, based on my experience, to tell you I fully support its inclusion.

And I'd have gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for those meddling kids.(-7.88/-7.23)

by kestrel9000 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 at 10:13:24 AM PST

•  and then we whine (both we and the GOP) (2+ / 0-)
      Ezekial 23 20, Tom Seaview

that the bills are too long and no one reads them, which they don't. And then we whine when things get screwed up.

this is why. Superfluous things that have nothing to do with the bill.

I can't wait to hear if the Jesus Freaks get all sorts of special protections too.

come hang at Black Kos for sanity. Tuesday/Friday

by terrypinder on Sat Dec 19, 2009 at 10:17:42 AM PST

•  see, below, my issue with paranoid morons. (0+ / 1-)
      Hidden by:
      Tom Seaview
      •  Is that what you're calling me? (2+ / 0-)
        dewley notid, Tom Seaview

A paranoid moron?

by kestrel9000 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 at 10:26:30 AM PST

•  On this issue? Yes. (0+ / 1-)
          Hidden by:
          Tom Seaview

Let's see, your (apparently not terribly in-touch-with-his-patients) Doc asked you a question about guns, and now you think we need statutory protection against it.  That's paranoid.  And moronic.

•  How can it be paranoid (1+ / 0-)
            Tom Seaview

when it happened to me?
            And it wasn't just one question. He interrogated me like a detective, got hostile and aggressive.
            Again, you think that was the only doctor that put any patient through that, at any time, anywhere?
            Who's the moron again?

by kestrel9000 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 at 10:30:36 AM PST

•  What happened to you? Someone asked a question? (0+ / 1-)
              Hidden by:
              Tom Seaview

There's a long way between some doc somewhere asking a question and even the tiniest threat to Second Amendment rights.  So, because you got your feelings hurt by a doc, this amendment is necessary?  Maybe he was onto something.

Yep, paranoid and moronic, for sure.

•  It's time for you to go away, Tom. (0+ / 1-)
                Hidden by:
                Tom Seaview

You seem to be easily threatened, so I'm going to point out that I'm not doing that.  Go clean your guns, or something.

•  Actually (1+ / 0-)
                  Tom Seaview

were it not proscribed by FAQ in that the disagreement is betwen you and me, I'd be hiderating you too.

by kestrel9000 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 at 10:47:17 AM PST

•  well, we've already (0+ / 1-)
                    Hidden by:
                    Tom Seaview

established your capacity on the issue, haven't we?

It's a scary world out there, isn't it?  Maybe you can ask your Congressman to insert a provision into the Defense Appropriations to make sure that neither I nor anyone else asks you another tough question.  Because, I mean, it.happened.to.you!

•  OK (1+ / 0-)
                      Tom Seaview

you have no interest in rational discussion of this issue.
                      Good day to you.

by kestrel9000 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 at 10:53:54 AM PST

•  I have a question, if you are so offended that a (0+ / 0-)

doctor ask such a question, that it is a matter of privacy then how come you have no problem identifying yourself to total strangers here that you are a gun owner? To say I answered my own question, strangers, doesn't cut it, we all know that any of us can be "outed" in about 15 minutes searching the internets, so obviously we are not exactly anonymous here.

"It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I am wearing Milkbone underwear." Norm Peterson

by playtonjr on Sat Dec 19, 2009 at 11:17:35 AM PST

•  Here (1+ / 0-)
                          Tom Seaview

I occasionally come with the intention to engage that issue.
                          That was not why I went to a psychiatrist, it had nothing to do with why i was there, and I think you know that.
                          Further, I was extremely put off by his confrontational and demanding tone.

by kestrel9000 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 at 11:28:45 AM PST

•  The NRA is now in court in FL arguing about (0+ / 0-)

whether or not adoption agencies can ask the prosective adoptive parents if they have guns in their home. Arguing whether the mere question should even be allowed to be asked. I know it's all guns all the time mentality with these morons but any of them even consider that many kids are now up for adoption as a result of their parents being wiped out due to gun violence and that maybe, just maybe it might a bit traumatic for such a kid to be forced to be around guns? I personally know a kid whose brother was shot in front of him by some asshole who "thought the gun wasn't loaded"(and an NRA member no less...) with a 12 guage, it literally blew the kid to pieces. I has a true redneck asshole for a neighbor that felt it incumbent to come over and show me a gun he'd just bought and this particular kid was in my house at the time, the kid had a panic attack from hell, had to be hauled off in an ambulance, it was that serious.
             So, anyone want to argue the NRA case? That if this kid were up for adoption how he should be forced to just deal with the fact that the adoptive parents have guns?
             I have said it a million times, I am not against guns. I am against the NRA and it's lemming like supporters who parrot the stupidity of some of their legal arguments.

by playtonjr on Sat Dec 19, 2009 at 11:11:00 AM PST

•  So you think law abiding... (3+ / 0-)
              kestrel9000, spacecadet1, Tom Seaview

...gun owners should be prohibited from adopting. Next it will be gays.

•  Gays are prohibitted from adoption in Fl, just so (0+ / 0-)

you know. No, I do not think gun owners should be banned from adoption, our kids are adopted. No one ever stated that the answer to the question on gun ownership would prohibit them from adopting, nor can the NRA point to one single case where anyone was denied by answering that they owned guns. That isn't the argument that the NRA is presenting, their argument is that no one even has the right to ask about their gun ownership, period, that it is a matter of confidentiality.
                  It is very similar to the amendment to the HRC that is being discussed here, that they just flat out don't want any questions asked about guns for any reason, period.

by playtonjr on Sat Dec 19, 2009 at 11:53:22 AM PST

•  Nobody said that here, and (0+ / 0-)

it's certainly not being said in the FL case.  The safety of the adoptive environment is central to the question of adoption, and whether or not a gun owner properly keeps and stores her guns around children pretty fucking relevant to the issue of safety.  People who are so hard-on for guns that they're arguing against that?  Paranoid morons, to use a phrase from elsewhere in this diary.

•  Yeah (1+ / 0-)
                  Tom Seaview

YOUR phrase from elsewhere in this diary.
                  Are you afraid to own it?
                  Are you capable of debating the issue sans argumentumm ad hominem?
                  Based on your performance in this thread, to me, it seems that you are not.

by kestrel9000 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 at 01:59:41 PM PST

•  Really, Kestrel, are you *that* challenged? (0+ / 0-)

You think I'd cite a phrase I'd just used because I'm "afraid to own it"?  Okay, I'm expanding my view of you as paranoid and moronic, beyond this subject and into life in general.  I just can't imagine why you've not been a bigger success in Dem politics over there.

•  You're (1+ / 0-)
                      Tom Seaview

not impressing me at all.
                      Like I said, if you can't discuss the issue without personal attacks, you're not worth my time.

by kestrel9000 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 at 02:09:50 PM PST

•  He can defend himself without a gun... (1+ / 0-)
                        kestrel9000

...unless logic and honest discourse is required.

"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed." -1995 documentary Canadian Bacon

by Tom Seaview on Sat Dec 19, 2009 at 02:11:54 PM PST

•  hilarious (0+ / 0-)

First, why would I care about impressing you?  Do you think I'm kidding about my assessment of you?  No, I really think you're paranoid and not very smart.

Second - and maybe this will help you in the future (I'm fairly certain you find yourself in this position, frequently) - when you turn everything you hear into a personal attack, well, you just look even dumber when you complain about it.  You came in and personalized this issue because some doctor hurt your feelings, extrapolating from that a justification for utterly and completely pointless Federal law.  Pointing that out isn't a personal attack - it's illustrating your own failed reasoning.

•  Wait a minute. (0+ / 0-)

I think you called me a paranoid moron.
                          It didn't take much of a leap to turn that into a personal attack on your part.
                          As this progreses, you are making more and more a fool of yourself.
                          I think it's time you went and made yourself a nice salad.
                          With cheese.

by kestrel9000 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 at 02:17:03 PM PST

•  Well . . . (0+ / 0-)

I think you called me a paranoid moron.

I'm pretty sure I've called you a paranoid moron about a half dozen times on this thread.  That you're just cluing into that?  Proves half my point.

Have a merry christmas, Kestrel.

•  If you've called me that (0+ / 0-)

half a dozen times, I've pointed that out as many, and again, you prove that you are incapable of mature discussion without childish ad hominems.
                            You have a merry Christmas too, little one.
                            I hope you get lots of Legos.
                            Come back and talk to me when you can grow up.

by kestrel9000 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 at 02:46:14 PM PST

•  Once again (0+ / 0-)

you demonstrate your inability to dialogue without personal insults.
                          What are you, 14 years old?
                          You do not know me.

by kestrel9000 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 at 02:20:15 PM PST

•  And they wonder (0+ / 0-)

why gun owners don't trust them when they claim they're not going to ban guns.

If I worry, will the future change?--Quai Chang Caine