View Diary: Health Care By The Numbers (340 comments)

•  With what plan? nt (1+ / 0-)
    divineorder

Freedom of religion is freedom FROM religion. Tweeting @dmiller23

by DailyDrew on Tue Dec 29, 2009 at 07:16:19 AM PST

•  With the 'pay the penalty' plan. (2+ / 0-)
      ban nock, CMYK

The 2.5% of income as a fine plan.

"Just make every mistake in the book, and then experience that pain that results from each mistake." - crystal eyes

by GussieFN on Tue Dec 29, 2009 at 07:17:45 AM PST

•  Unless your income rises... (1+ / 0-)
        GussieFN

That's nominal income, of course.  Now if anyone's real income rose, that would be news!

Freedom of religion is freedom FROM religion. Tweeting @dmiller23

by DailyDrew on Tue Dec 29, 2009 at 07:19:43 AM PST

•  But the fine is capped at (1+ / 0-)
          ban nock

the cost of an 'average plan,' right?

And, um, I don't really kow what 'nominal income' is! (This is why I lead a life in which I make zero dollars some years.)

by GussieFN on Tue Dec 29, 2009 at 07:22:17 AM PST

•  Ha! I'm really not sure what you're talking about (1+ / 0-)
            GussieFN

but I'm pretty confident there's no way you'll pay $2,500 one year and nothing the next.

Freedom of religion is freedom FROM religion. Tweeting @dmiller23

by DailyDrew on Tue Dec 29, 2009 at 07:26:02 AM PST

•  Well, because my income was $0 last year. (0+ / 0-)

So the subsidy is 98% or whatever. I guess I'd pay $500.

And then the year when my income was $100,000, I'd pay $2,500.

I'd need to make two-hundred-and-something thousand a year before I was paying more than I am now, at %2.5 percent of income. And that's ignoring the cap.

Unless I'm fataly confused, which happens with financial subjects.

by GussieFN on Tue Dec 29, 2009 at 07:28:31 AM PST

•  I think you are confused. (1+ / 0-)
                GussieFN

Not with respect to the year you made $0, but if you make $100,000 you're going to be paying a shit-ton (technical term) for health care, should you get sick in any way.

Freedom of religion is freedom FROM religion. Tweeting @dmiller23

by DailyDrew on Tue Dec 29, 2009 at 07:31:51 AM PST

•  I'm definitely confused. Looks to me like (1+ / 0-)
                  ban nock

I do this:

I don't get the mandated insurance. Instead, I pay the fee. $500-2,5000 a year, instead of $5,5000 a year I pay now.

Then if I get sick, I buy the insurance. They can't reject me for having a pre-existing condition, so I'm good. Or at least better than I am now, because my policy has a $15,000 deductible.

by GussieFN on Tue Dec 29, 2009 at 07:51:12 AM PST

• Rescued (21)
  • Health Care (20)
  • Barack Obama (20)
  • Republicans (18)
  • International (17)
  • Freddie Gray (17)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site