View Diary: Dick Cheney's Expertise At Undermining National Security (69 comments)

•  seems pretty basic, to me (2+ / 0-)
    webranding, jayden

if they had any coordination of message...

The cold passion for truth hunts in no pack. -Robinson Jeffers

by Laurence Lewis on Thu Dec 31, 2009 at 11:22:14 AM PST

•  Well This Is How You Do That (2+ / 0-)
      Turkana, Lady Libertine

There are firms that offer the ability to create and distribute these dashboard applications for free. This was the firm we used. It has little "apps" you can plug in just like with the applications for the iPhone. They have a developers kit where you can develop your own to do whatever you want.

If my memory serves me correctly we paid somebody $12,000 to develop one (that only our clients could get) that interacted with our email marketing program (what we sold) that allowed them to look at their stats in real time.

This isn't rocket science ....

* I should have written VP of marketing, not technology. I am not that much of a geek.

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

by webranding on Thu Dec 31, 2009 at 11:27:47 AM PST

•  heh (3+ / 0-)
        webranding, jayden, Lady Libertine

and once the record is organized- such as i threw together- keep stacks of them on hand. distribute them to everyone. track whoever will be on the talk shows, and make sure they have them.

one of the basics of our national political narrative- that republicans are strong on security, and we're weak- is factually wrong, and needs to be made right. and doing so will make it easier, politically, for democrats to oppose terrible laws such as the "patriot" act.

The cold passion for truth hunts in no pack. -Robinson Jeffers

by Laurence Lewis on Thu Dec 31, 2009 at 11:30:43 AM PST

•  In A Way Think Of The Information Used In The (2+ / 0-)
          Turkana, my pet rock

Dashboard like an RSS feed. Sure every dem would want the overall news and talking points. But lets say you sit on the Homeland Security committee. Then you also subscribe to get that news, data, and talking points.

But it goes a level deeper, which you touched on (and yes I've done a lot of PR and message management). We got people going on dozens if not hundreds of talk shows. You have briefing document on each show.

If you went on Hardball, to use just one example, to talk about health care reform you could be pretty sure Chris would ask you about federal funding for abortions. It is one of his "hot" issues.

If you were going on the show you could see this document, view previous video clips, and get talking points.

I've said it before, I will say it again, this isn't rocket science. Sure it takes time and effort, but it is kind of important I'd say.

by webranding on Thu Dec 31, 2009 at 11:36:33 AM PST

•  and all they have to do (2+ / 0-)
            webranding, jayden

is to organize it once. then, it's just a matter of distribution. and you're right- it's not rocket science. it's barely junior high level science.

The cold passion for truth hunts in no pack. -Robinson Jeffers

by Laurence Lewis on Thu Dec 31, 2009 at 11:39:51 AM PST

•  That Is Exactly It (1+ / 0-)
              Turkana

anytime I've tried to get a project management system at my work (to use one somewhat similar example) the push back I always get is but it will take a lot of time to set-up. My response is yes, it will take time to set-up. But once it is if each person takes ownership of their area of responsibility, it isn't much work to maintain and keep it up to date.

But here is the kicker, I follow that by saying as the head of Marketing I can't get the sales or customer support people to do this, cause well they don't report to me. I can't demand they do anything.

So for this to work you, as the owner, will have to do their part and DEMAND everybody does as well. This rarely worked.

by webranding on Thu Dec 31, 2009 at 11:44:38 AM PST

•  competence at the head of our party (1+ / 0-)
                webranding

would be nice...

The cold passion for truth hunts in no pack. -Robinson Jeffers

by Laurence Lewis on Thu Dec 31, 2009 at 11:50:18 AM PST

•  I Don't Know Enough About What Tim Kaine‎ (1+ / 0-)
                  Turkana

is doing. Let me first say that. I also don't have any inside information. But I have to admit I found it stunning the guy would run the DNC while at the same time he was a sitting governor (even if he wasn't going to run again).

It would seem to me running the DNC would be like a 70-80 hour work week, and he already had a job. No matter how smart or hardworking the man is, there is only so much time in a day.

by webranding on Thu Dec 31, 2009 at 11:55:24 AM PST

•  it's mostly a figurehead position (0+ / 0-)

but the people actually running daily operations are the ones that need to figure this out. and then give it to kaine!

The cold passion for truth hunts in no pack. -Robinson Jeffers

• Environment (20)
  • Hillary Clinton (18)
  • Politics (17)
  • Freddie Gray (17)
  • Racism (17)
  • Media (17)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site